• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2018

Who are we drafting at 19?

• Offense

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Defense

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Glass half empty assessment.

LVE - scares me a little, just because he only had one year of quality work, neck injury and all. Yes he is talented, no I don't see Urlacher, but I do see plenty of attributes in his game that will justify the pick.
Williams - better be as advertised. My bitterness has nothing to do with him, it has more to do with not picking the guy that I wanted (Anthony Miller) who went to the Bears a pick later. Williams+Gallup vs Anthony Miller+Orlando Brown to me.
Gallup - I really do like him, just like a handful of WRs. I don't see stardom, but I see solid prospect - like a Pierre Garcon.
Armstrong - looks like a poor man's Randy Gregory, but he will likely have more of an impact due to him not being Randy Gregory.
Schultz - looks like a Hanna replacement, no more no less.
White - probably headed to the practice squad (or imaginary IR)
Covington - project LBer.
Wilson - looks like Devin Street 2.0. Can get open if left open.
Scarbrough - upside pick with no risk and high reward. Great pass blocker, decent hands should be able to win backup role behind Zeke.

I would have gone off the trail (not hindsight, while watching live):

Anthony Miller (not Williams)
Orlando Brown (not Gallup) tackle moving to guard
Shaq Griffin (not Armstrong)
Maurice Hurst (not Schultz)
St. Brown (not Covington)
I would have taken Scarbrough with the Wilson pick.
Ryan Izzo with the Scarbrough pick

After the Williams pick I watched Brown fall all the way past our 3rd pick. I also wanted Griffin, and he fell past our 4th, would have taken him then. Watched Hurst keep falling and would have taken him and gotten a blocking TE as late as possible. I didn't see anything wrong with drafting another QB but I would have skipped adding another edge guy.
I liked what we did especially Williams. The one pick i dont like is Schultz. Not impressed with him. He does not Excell at anything.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Mike white played behind 5 chaz green clones. White was under assault in college. He does have a very strong arm

He could be a starting caliber player after marinating for a year or two

I think Rush beats him out for the BU QB. I really liked what I saw in Rush last preseason, but it was only preseason, so take it with a grain of salt.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rush beats him out for the BU QB. I really liked what I saw in Rush last preseason, but it was only preseason, so take it with a grain of salt.
Rush was great no doubt, but my gut says White proves to be the better QB. I think he is a legit prospect. Luckily we have a long time before we have to decide that and I'm not above the old last minute "injury" (wink wink) to one of them to prolong it another year...

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rush was great no doubt, but my gut says White proves to be the better QB. I think he is a legit prospect. Luckily we have a long time before we have to decide that and I'm not above the old last minute "injury" (wink wink) to one of them to prolong it another year...
I'll admit my views are one sided as I don't know much about White. If Rush plays the same way as last preseason and White beats him out the BU QB will not be an issue.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously best case scenario is Mike White is lights out, Dak continues to progress and 2-3 years down the road we can flip him to a QB desperate team.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White has a much better arm

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Obviously best case scenario is Mike White is lights out, Dak continues to progress and 2-3 years down the road we can flip him to a QB desperate team.
Yeah, while not likely that would make this an amazing pick. I don't expect White to beat out Dak at any point, but I'm always in the "led the better man win" camp. Football is an meritocracy. If White (or Rush) proves better than Dak I'll be all for them starting. But, let's start with him making the 53 and take it from there.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, while not likely that would make this an amazing pick. I don't expect White to beat out Dak at any point, but I'm always in the "led the better man win" camp. Football is an meritocracy. If White (or Rush) proves better than Dak I'll be all for them starting. But, let's start with him making the 53 and take it from there.

I wasn't saying he'd beat out Dak. More like he'll play the role of Jimmy G to Dak's Brady. Unlikely but possible.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasn't saying he'd beat out Dak. More like he'll play the role of Jimmy G to Dak's Brady. Unlikely but possible.
Just playing off your "best case" scenario

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
White has a much better arm
It's not just about arm strenght. Rush looked like he handled pressure just fine and scouting reports say that's Whites weakness. Regardless the QB situation overall is much better than just 2 years ago.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted a safety but I'm willing to see how this all turns out.
Hard to complain till we see these guys in camp and preseason

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just about arm strenght. Rush looked like he handled pressure just fine and scouting reports say that's Whites weakness. Regardless the QB situation overall is much better than just 2 years ago.
It's definitely not all about arm, but it sure doesn't hurt. From what I've read, White throws the ball as well as anyone in the draft outside of Allen, he fell because if sub-par athleticism. Most scouts thought he would need a top OLine. Fortunately....

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's definitely not all about arm, but it sure doesn't hurt. From what I've read, White throws the ball as well as anyone in the draft outside of Allen, he fell because if sub-par athleticism. Most scouts thought he would need a top OLine. Fortunately....
I like Rush but if White beats him out I'm good.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He could be a starting caliber player after marinating for a year or two
That would be good. NFL network is saying Cowboys h had one of the better drafts. I have to agree. We got 3 legit future starters in LVE,Williams and Gallup.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted a safety but I'm willing to see how this all turns out.
Hard to complain till we see these guys in camp and preseason

I did 2
but let woods play and the best 3 other guys whoever that might be and see how it all lays out the Boys got some talent in the DB for the first time in a long time.

JMHO

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles fans: "We jumped in and took the TE you wanted. We are the smartest and greatest"
Dallas fans "ummm...no"
And the defensive coaches were in the room, so plan "B" was known to be a defensive player or maybe Thomas before the pick took place. Goedert not in the picture so Philly wasted a pick to trade ahead of Dallas

“Let me give you a little insight here... If Connor Williams wasn’t on the board at 50, they would have traded that pick for your safety. For Earl Thomas. The Seahawks called they said, ‘Hey, are you interested in the player?’ and the Cowboys made the determination that Connor Williams meant so much to them that they said no.”