• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2018

Who are we drafting at 19?

• Offense

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Defense

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you about the 1T position but with only 4 LB's (Lee, Smith, Wilson & Thomas) we need to address LB first
Want to make a LBs job easy? Put a guy that weighs 340 lbs and demands a doubleteam every play and can also penetrate into the backfield in front of 'em...

the draft is about assembling talent. If the talent matches your needs then that is perfect. But I don't think Dallas passes on this guy for Evans or Vander Esch.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Want to make a LBs job easy? Put a guy that weighs 340 lbs and demands a doubleteam every play and can also penetrate into the backfield in front of 'em...

the draft is about assembling talent. If the talent matches your needs then that is perfect. But I don't think Dallas passes on this guy for Evans or Vander Esch.
I cant wait till next week. I would love a DT like payne or V. We need a run stuffer in the middle since forever.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may very well be. So might Evans and Vander Esch for that matter. Vea is going to be eating double teams, as long as he can get some push, he doesn't need to be a great pass rusher.

Damon Harrison is a two down player by most everyone's standards and look at the impact he has on games. Dallas needs the Dline to do a better job controlling the run, it's not just the LBers fault that the run defense goes to shit every time Lee is out. Long overdue for Dallas to make a concerted effort to address the 1T position.
2018 NFL Scouting Report: Scouting Washington defensive tackle, Vita Vea

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant wait till next week. I would love a DT like payne or V. We need a run stuffer in the middle since forever.
With the news today that Irving is coming back, if the Cowboys picked up Vea or Payne in round one, their OL and their DL might both be the best on the league

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the news today that Irving is coming back, if the Cowboys picked up Vea or Payne in round one, their OL and their DL might both be the best on the league
I think I would have to go with Donald, Suh and Brockers:D
I think even within the division Philly is better on DL too

But point is we would be pretty studly there compared to what we were just a short time back:suds:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think I would have to go with Donald, Suh and Brockers:D
I think even within the division Philly is better on DL too

But point is we would be pretty studly there compared to what we were just a short time back:suds:
The Rams and Philly would probably be a little better, but with DLaw, Irving, Ealy, Charlton, Crawford, Tapper, maybe Gregory, then add Vea or Payne...that's pretty damn deep....

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Rams and Philly would probably be a little better, but with DLaw, Irving, Ealy, Charlton, Crawford, Tapper, maybe Gregory, then add Vea or Payne...that's pretty damn deep....
Philly and LA clearly have better d-lines then Dallas. No comparison. Our run defense was terrible last year. When we get a tackle like Cox or Donald, then we can compare.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Collins and Price.
Not sure Tapper makes the cut if we draft anyone. I don't even think about Gregory until he is reinstated but he certainly could be productive in a specialty roll on 3rd down

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Philly and LA clearly have better d-lines then Dallas. No comparison. Our run defense was terrible last year. When we get a tackle like Cox or Donald, then we can compare.
This is going based on landing a guy like Vea or Payne in round 1. If that happens, you're talking DLaw, as good an end as there is in the game, Irving, a dominant talent on a one year contract that will be looking to have a big year, Vea, who would be a dominant NT from day 1, Ealy, who I think will be a great fit for Coach Rod, Taco, who showed a lot of potential, and young, talented guys like Collins, Crawford, Tapper, and yes, possibly Gregory coming off the bench. That's pretty damn sick IMO

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is going based on landing a guy like Vea or Payne in round 1. If that happens, you're talking DLaw, as good an end as there is in the game, Irving, a dominant talent on a one year contract that will be looking to have a big year, Vea, who would be a dominant NT from day 1, Ealy, who I think will be a great fit for Coach Rod, Taco, who showed a lot of potential, and young, talented guys like Collins, Crawford, Tapper, and yes, possibly Gregory coming off the bench. That's pretty damn sick IMO

I agree if we get Vea or Payne. that would be great line!!

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree if we get Vea or Payne. that would be great line!!
I would be willing to give our 1 and 3 to move up for Vea. He would draw doubles and make our LBs and other DL that much better. I'd be willing to give our 1 and 2 to move up for Derwin James or Minka Fitzpatrick though. That's why I believe Earl Thomas will be here next season. A 2 would get Thomas here, and the Cowboys have the cap room. Imagining how this defense would look after adding Vea at NT and Thomas at FS....

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be willing to give our 1 and 3 to move up for Vea. He would draw doubles and make our LBs and other DL that much better. I'd be willing to give our 1 and 2 to move up for Derwin James or Minka Fitzpatrick though. That's why I believe Earl Thomas will be here next season. A 2 would get Thomas here, and the Cowboys have the cap room. Imagining how this defense would look after adding Vea at NT and Thomas at FS....
it would be interesting but what do we do about the LB's? we only have Lee, Smith, Wilson and Thomas and with Lee's inability to stay on the field we need multiple LB's per the draft or Free agency or both

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would do a 1, 4 and 5 next year. It would be hard for me to do a 3 unless we use a 2 to get Thomas. You really are getting me excited about the draft.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be kind of pissed if we did that for one of the DBs. There are no sure things and if we add other talented players to this D we don't need to worry so much about safety. We have a decent amount of DBs to get on the field in the nickel and we can find someone to play first and second down. No draft pick is a sure thing. Wait and pick your board. A great player will drop to us at #19 and then we get another player at 50.

snookdad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm late to the party but here are my thoughts for the draft. My preference would be Darwin James but, I think he will be gone when we pick. so I'm hoping for Hernandez. My gut tells me Evans are Hardy. I would be pissed if we give up a 2nd for Thomas. The Rams didn't give that up and they landed the best young cb in the game. Even a 3rd is a bit rich at this point, because the closer we get to the draft the more the power shifts our way. It's probably going to take a 3rd and a 5th, but if some how if the took a 4th and Beasley that would be a major win for us.

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the number of options that are there at 19 and the depth at positions of need this draft offers I would much rather keep all of our picks. I would even consider trading down if it nets us another 2nd.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the number of options that are there at 19 and the depth at positions of need this draft offers I would much rather keep all of our picks. I would even consider trading down if it nets us another 2nd.
the one trade-down from #19 being mentioned on numerous draft sites is with New England for #23 & #95