• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft 2018

Who are we drafting at 19?

• Offense

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Defense

Votes: 11 78.6%

• Total voters

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Malik Jefferson out of Texas LB. He is playmaker.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early, but I like WR Calvin Ridley and LB Roquan Smith. Darkhorse would be the OU TE

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's early, but I like WR Calvin Ridley and LB Roquan Smith. Darkhorse would be the OU TE

Those are studs too. I would be happy with them.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA for me. Tough to know who will be there at 19. Hoping for a play maker type whether it be offense or defense, but don't really care what position. A WR or pass rusher or great cover guy or another Sean Lee (but healthier) would be ideal but we have so many spots we could upgrade and such a young team that I just want to add talent regardless of position. Even OT would be fine because we could move Collins and with T Smith's back I'm concerned.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Idk about ridley. He looks frail. I prefer Sutton or Washington over ridley. Roquan looks good. LB is obviously a need.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BPA for me. Tough to know who will be there at 19. Hoping for a play maker type whether it be offense or defense, but don't really care what position. A WR or pass rusher or great cover guy or another Sean Lee (but healthier) would be ideal but we have so many spots we could upgrade and such a young team that I just want to add talent regardless of position. Even OT would be fine because we could move Collins and with T Smith's back I'm concerned.
Smiths back is a concern for sure. Smith covered up for Cooper many flaws and when smith missed time dak became a tackling dummy back there. OL has to be a priority

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are studs too. I would be happy with them.
Dallas is in a great spot. They don't HAVE to focus on any one position, do they should be able to add top talent and let the board fall to them

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Too soon for me to call a pick, but I'll call Jerry's risk pick. = Antonio Callaway, of course Steven may not allow him to use the 3nd rounder so I'll say Callaway in the 3rd.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not go QB in round one, but if a kid like Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield were there at 19, even QB wouldn't be a terrible strategy. If Dak bounces back, that's great and you have a young backup you can keep or trade. If Dak were not to progress, it would be nice to have an option other than increasing his salary by $15-16 million a year coming off two sub par years. I think they'd be better off going WR, OL it LB, but QB's are always currency

Reactions: GNG

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not go QB in round one, but if a kid like Josh Allen or Baker Mayfield were there at 19, even QB wouldn't be a terrible strategy. If Dak bounces back, that's great and you have a young backup you can keep or trade. If Dak were not to progress, it would be nice to have an option other than increasing his salary by $15-16 million a year coming off two sub par years. I think they'd be better off going WR, OL it LB, but QB's are always currency

That would be very intriguing with Jerry. How much is Jerry sold on Dak as the future? It would be intriguing if Allen is there, but I would pass in the first and go with best position of need. 19 is a good spot.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be very intriguing with Jerry. How much is Jerry sold on Dak as the future? It would be intriguing if Allen is there, but I would pass in the first and go with best position of need. 19 is a good spot.
Yep, I think that's where you misunderstand my thoughts on Dez, if he were to take a pay cut of $3-4 million a year, I'd like to have him back, though we still need to add a playmaker IMO. As far as Dak, I love him to death at less than a million. When contract time for him rolls around, I'm guessing he's gonna want $15-20 million per. He's gonna need to improve off last year's performance before I'd do that, no question

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, I think that's where you misunderstand my thoughts on Dez, if he were to take a pay cut of $3-4 million a year, I'd like to have him back, though we still need to add a playmaker IMO. As far as Dak, I love him to death at less than a million. When contract time for him rolls around, I'm guessing he's gonna want $15-20 million per. He's gonna need to improve off last year's performance before I'd do that, no question
more like $20-$25M I think. Luckily we will have more experience with him before we need to make that call.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
more like $20-$25M I think. Luckily we will have more experience with him before we need to make that call.

I heard something the other day about Garrapolo. Somebody was saying NE made a mistake letting him go, which some will agree they did. If they kept him though, they would have to franchise him. If they did that, he would be making more than Brady as his backup. Crazy.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure some backups are making more - Bradford and Brigdewater over Keenum just one off the top of me head, but we are talking maybe the best of all time

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok understand. I hope If jerry asks Dez to restructure to help with the team, that Dez does. If he refuses, and is gone, i have no problem with that as long as they get a good replacement. I hope it does not come to that. I want Dak and all of the recievers to train together in the offseason. I have to look at more of Ridley. I dont know much about him.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok understand. I hope If jerry asks Dez to restructure to help with the team, that Dez does. If he refuses, and is gone, i have no problem with that as long as they get a good replacement. I hope it does not come to that. I want Dak and all of the recievers to train together in the offseason. I have to look at more of Ridley. I dont know much about him.
I think they are one player away from unstoppable on offense. One guy in the passing game that requires a double team would make it impossible to double Beasley and hold a safety down vs the run. Someone who would take the other teams best corner, and leave Dez one on one with a #2 corner instead of a lockdown guy. If there is a WR like that in this draft, I'd go get him, because this offense would become insane

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they are one player away from unstoppable on offense. One guy in the passing game that requires a double team would make it impossible to double Beasley and hold a safety down vs the run. Someone who would take the other teams best corner, and leave Dez one on one with a #2 corner instead of a lockdown guy. If there is a WR like that in this draft, I'd go get him, because this offense would become insane
I can see that

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will average less than $700K for each of the next two years...even this year performance makes him a steal at those rates. As you said, he's got a shot to make that $20 million per, so he will be as motivated as a guy can get. Whatever his ceiling is, we should see it by then

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It's hard to judge Ridley off of just a game or two. I mean he could catch 2 passes or 10 passes Monday night. Alabama is very run heavy, just like Georgia. It may be the fastest college football game of the season lol. Ridley has it all though. He is more like Amari Cooper than Julio Jones though. He is pretty thin but so explosive. He is older than Jameis Winston though I think. I think he is about to be 24, which could drop him a couple of spots. Not sure why he would drop. If he is as good as they say - I would take that for 6-8 yrs

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He will average less than $700K for each of the next two years...even this year performance makes him a steal at those rates. As you said, he's got a shot to make that $20 million per, so he will be as motivated as a guy can get. Whatever his ceiling is, we should see it by then

He is starting to become one of the big faces of the NFL as well. Does all the right things off the field, says the right things. Of course that changes a lot, but I think he has staying power.