• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug's Championship Offense: Pass Early. Win.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I included every team, every down, every quarter. You didn't do shit. You didn't even take the 4th quarter out of the singular piece of (useless) information you did provide.

The Eagles consistently pass more than the other teams on 1st down until the 4th quarter. That is a mother fucking fact.

You should eat that fact instead of spitting it up all over yourself.

I figured I would go ahead and do this since you obvious have your head so far up Andy Reid's ass you would not know a real legit fact if it kicked you in the ass. Stop trying to give the fat man credit. He does not deserve any.

I went back and checked the play by play of the first quarter of weeks 3-6 (4 games) I checked the ratio of pass vs. run. I chose those games because it was well know that people were critical of Doug being too pass happy in the first two games and even he admitted he needed to change. So here is the pass/run ration of those games.

This is the run pass ratio of first down plays of the 1st quarter drives in these games. It is all the Eagles drives in the quarter. I even inculded sacks as a called pass play just so I am not accused of not including all the facts.

Week 3 vs. Giants - 2 pass vs. 3 run
Week 4 vs. Chargers: 2 pass vs. 6 run
Week 5 vs. Cardinals: 3 pass vs. 3 run
Week 6 vs. Panthers: 3 pass vs. 4 run

Here is the bottom line. I went further and can conclude you are completly full of shit. You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Next time make sure you do your own due dilligence and maybe it will not be so easy to make you look stupid.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I figured I would go ahead and do this since you obvious have your head so far up Andy Reid's ass you would not know a real legit fact if it kicked you in the ass. Stop trying to give the fat man credit. He does not deserve any.

I went back and checked the play by play of the first quarter of weeks 3-6 (4 games) I checked the ratio of pass vs. run. I chose those games because it was well know that people were critical of Doug being too pass happy in the first two games and even he admitted he needed to change. So here is the pass/run ration of those games.

This is the run pass ratio of first down plays of the 1st quarter drives in these games. It is all the Eagles drives in the quarter. I even inculded sacks as a called pass play just so I am not accused of not including all the facts.

Week 3 vs. Giants - 2 pass vs. 3 run
Week 4 vs. Chargers: 2 pass vs. 6 run
Week 5 vs. Cardinals: 3 pass vs. 3 run
Week 6 vs. Panthers: 3 pass vs. 4 run

Here is the bottom line. I went further and can conclude you are completly full of shit. You have no fucking clue what you are talking about. Next time make sure you do your own due dilligence and maybe it will not be so easy to make you look stupid.
You cherry picking piece of shit.
Do complete analysis or get lost.

You are too intellectually inept to gain anything here and you are too disingenuous to actually provide anything of substance.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You cherry picking piece of shit.
Do complete analysis or get lost.

You are too intellectually inept to gain anything here and you are too disingenuous to actually provide anything of substance.

ROFL....you are funny. You demand I do a complete analysis when all you did was list an image and did not even look at the numbers. On top of that it was an image you took from a Rams fan and that image did not include any rushing numbers which would give a true analysis. Just because a team passes a lot on first down does not mean they do not run a lot on first down either. The Eagle are a high powered offense that will get many first downs in a game and I merely proved the balance.

I was not going to go through all the games to prove what the rest of us already know. A small sampling size is all we needed. I have handed your ass to you enough. Run along now little boy unless you have some real legit facts to add to this conversation.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup...Nabby was a good QB but needed weapons to be great. I personally think that every QB needs weapons but is their ability that determines what kind of weapons. Wentz can make every throw on the field with legit pro accuracy. Nabby could not, he could make a lot of throws but nothing compared to Wentz. I think Wentz has the ability to make good weapons look great ala Rodgers and Brady. In a few more years he could very well be the best QB in the NFL.
My information is complete for the whole league.

Yours is limited and a single data point amongst the 32 teams. Useless.

Arguing with you is a waste, I gave complete analysis for anyone that is willing to absorb it. You can't. So you complain. Get lost.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My information is complete for the whole league.

Yours is limited and a single data point amongst the 32 teams. Useless.

Arguing with you is a waste, I gave complete analysis for anyone that is willing to absorb it. You can't. So you complain. Get lost.

No....Your argument was the Eagles were pass first. You further clarified that the pass was used to set up the run. I personally called bullshit on that and proved my point. The Eagles very well may have been one of the most pass happy teams on first down but where are the numbers that show that? I have not seen any yet. So far all I have to go on is an image the could very well be bullshit because there are no links that show the supporting data.

I watched all of the Eagles games last year and I did not see anything remotely close to what you suggested. I am not one to blindly take information and accept it as gospel. If this is how you operate I am stunned you graduated from college. The only kind of person that blindly follows something is a person that is gullable or does not want to see the truth.

The numbers could very well show that the Eagles throw a lot on first down. It does not show that is all they do and that is the information I was seeking out. You easily fell for it because you thought it gave you the information you so desperately wanted to believe but in the end it still does not pass muster.

In your original post you said the plan was to run on 2nd and 3rd downs but the numbers do not show that. I took the very same 4 games that I used to show 1st down pass/run ration in the 1st quarter and ran the numbers for what the pass/run ratio was for 2nd down and this is what I came up with.

vs. Giants: 2 run - 2 pass
vs. Chargers: 5 pass - 1 run
vs. Cardinals: 3 pass - 2 run
vs. Panthers: 4 pass - 2 run

Again, the numbers do not lie. All you have is an image that was created by someone without any verifiable information. You spew some bullshit about it is analysis of the entire NFL but it still does not pass muster. The Eagles are not running the offense you are claiming they run. They are not passing up early to set up the run and then running on 2nd downs. The numbers do not lie. You image is nothing but bullshit. Where is the data the person used to come up with the list of rankings?

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Put the numbers aside; when Doug runs the football, it's part of the offense, done with an actual purpose. Doug talks repeatedly about the importance of running the football and making it a part of the game plan.

When Reid ran the ball, it was a decoy to get to the pass. I remember he had a quote where he said more or less that if he could pass on every down and get away with it, he would. That kind of mentality told me he never used the run game properly because he didn't believe in it, and it showed. Goal-line and short yardage runs when Reid was in charge was an embarrassment many times, it always looked like they never practiced that enough.

I think we have a QB now in Wentz that is more precise in those short/intermediate throwing windows that was not a strength of McNabb's game. Plus Wentz has better targets to throw to than McNabb ever had in his first 5 years in the league. Thus our passing game looks better as it compliments the run game and vice versa.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabby was always inconsistent with accuracy. One game he was on the money and then the next game it was worm burners and throwing behind guys. Wentz is much more consistent with his ball placement from game to game. If health isn't a factor moving forward with Wentz I think he will have a HOF career.

and while I do not disagree about McNabb.... duce staley was even MORE inconsistent. He might get 200 yards in 1 game, but then 4 games he can't get more than 50, and that is while being the primary RB. Yet Duce was loved, and McNabb hated. More of the hate has a lot more to do with many PHI fans infatuation with the backup QB position.

Bottom line, mcnabb had a lot of faults, but if he had better receivers and coaching, we could have won 1 or 2 SB's with him. Joe Flacco has a SB for pete's sake. You don't have to have the best QB in the league to win a SB. SB MVP Foles just went 1 for 9, and was still throwing to better WR's than McNabb had. The 1 year we got a read receiver, we go to the SB and set franchise records. McNabb's entire playoff QB rating and stats was better than Peyton Mannings in the year that Manning actually won the SB. The McNabb hate is just ignorant hate. He was flawed, but we could have won a SB with him. Reid's biggest problem is "NOT" simply his pass/run ratio.. it's his predictability, inability to adjust to what is going on in a game, and inability to game plan against the team he is playing. But hey, he is a good coach. :scratch: Wait a minute, I forgot about inability to manage the clock. Or draft for actual need instead of making left field head scratchers. Or, (for those mcnabb haters) ability to change QB's when needed. However you want to look at it, Reid is the #1 reason we were not going to go anywhere. I started as a big Reid supported, saw by year 3, he would not go anywhere. Most see it now. But there are still that simply cannot admit they were wrong.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and while I do not disagree about McNabb.... duce staley was even MORE inconsistent. He might get 200 yards in 1 game, but then 4 games he can't get more than 50, and that is while being the primary RB. Yet Duce was loved, and McNabb hated. More of the hate has a lot more to do with many PHI fans infatuation with the backup QB position.

Bottom line, mcnabb had a lot of faults, but if he had better receivers and coaching, we could have won 1 or 2 SB's with him. Joe Flacco has a SB for pete's sake. You don't have to have the best QB in the league to win a SB. SB MVP Foles just went 1 for 9, and was still throwing to better WR's than McNabb had. The 1 year we got a read receiver, we go to the SB and set franchise records. McNabb's entire playoff QB rating and stats was better than Peyton Mannings in the year that Manning actually won the SB. The McNabb hate is just ignorant hate. He was flawed, but we could have won a SB with him. Reid's biggest problem is "NOT" simply his pass/run ratio.. it's his predictability, inability to adjust to what is going on in a game, and inability to game plan against the team he is playing. But hey, he is a good coach. :scratch: Wait a minute, I forgot about inability to manage the clock. Or draft for actual need instead of making left field head scratchers. Or, (for those mcnabb haters) ability to change QB's when needed. However you want to look at it, Reid is the #1 reason we were not going to go anywhere. I started as a big Reid supported, saw by year 3, he would not go anywhere. Most see it now. But there are still that simply cannot admit they were wrong.

I don't understand how Reid is still a head coach.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand how Reid is still a head coach.

because he wins enough to be better than average. His weakness on defense will eventually change that as well tho. Then it will be time to move on again.

credit where credit is due... I think he is one of the very best QB coaches in the entire league. But like most places.. you keep moving forward, or you get sent packing.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. He should be a QB coach, or an OC. Not a great HC.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When things do indeed fade out in KC Reid will find a job if he still wants to coach. I don’t fully get it either.

But there will be a team with an above average defense and need for help on offense and he will be seen as a savior again.

And it will be a trap again.

I read something the other day that he might be the only coach ever that can’t change his playoff history with one super bowl win.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nabby was always inconsistent with accuracy. One game he was on the money and then the next game it was worm burners and throwing behind guys. Wentz is much more consistent with his ball placement from game to game. If health isn't a factor moving forward with Wentz I think he will have a HOF career.

Ahhhhh....there it is. Worm burners.

I do not miss those days at all....