• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doug's Championship Offense: Pass Early. Win.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh... Dude made McNabb look like a good QB while he was here.

That may be so but he was a nutcase that destroyed the Eagles. With him here the Eagles could and should have won a couple Superbowls but he was too much of a whining nut case to make that happen. Of course those that blindly follow Reid blame McNabb for that which I find laughable to be honest. In order for McNabb to NOT throw T.O. under the bus he would have had to turn on Reid and there is no way remotely that McNabb was going to turn on Reid. Almost all of Reids players were completely loyal to him T.O. was one of the exceptions. He can rot in hell for all I care.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That may be so but he was a nutcase that destroyed the Eagles. With him here the Eagles could and should have won a couple Superbowls but he was too much of a whining nut case to make that happen. Of course those that blindly follow Reid blame McNabb for that which I find laughable to be honest. In order for McNabb to NOT throw T.O. under the bus he would have had to turn on Reid and there is no way remotely that McNabb was going to turn on Reid. Almost all of Reids players were completely loyal to him T.O. was one of the exceptions. He can rot in hell for all I care.

He is a headcase that Reid didn't know how to manage. Don't bring the guy in if you're not prepared for it.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a headcase that Reid didn't know how to manage. Don't bring the guy in if you're not prepared for it.

Exactly! Reid couldn't handle a HOF prima donna, and Kelly couldn't handle DJAX. I think Doug could have handled both. You have to give a little levity to super talented players, IMO. That's what great coaches can do.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not this tired, decade old argument again.

They won last year not because they were past happy. They won because they were balanced. They were not predictable. How many times did we see a run on 3rd and 5 or more. Enough to keep defenses guessing. Doug got ripped at the start of the season for being too pass happy. He adjusted after the loss to k.c. and balanced the offense and they went on a run.

It was nice to see a coach able to adjust in game. Make quick decisions to not waste time outs. Taylor the offense to his players not try to fit a player into his offense. Stuff we didn't see out of Reid or kelly.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doug has that go big or go home mentality ... not just the Philly Special, but there were several plays in the Super Bowl where he took chances and it paid off. Dude has some brass ones ... it's a game of inches; we could very easily have spent this past off-season debating some of those calls and labeled Doug too much of a gambler to win anything. I'm extremely happy we have a head coach who isn't afraid to go for it ... if not, we may still be chasing that trophy instead of holding it.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They won last year not because they were past happy. They won because they were balanced. They were not predictable. How many times did we see a run on 3rd and 5 or more. Enough to keep defenses guessing. Doug got ripped at the start of the season for being too pass happy. He adjusted after the loss to k.c. and balanced the offense and they went on a run.

It was nice to see a coach able to adjust in game. Make quick decisions to not waste time outs. Taylor the offense to his players not try to fit a player into his offense. Stuff we didn't see out of Reid or kelly.

Yup.... What I found laughable was the intent to try to give some of the credit for the Eagles Super Bowl to Andy Reid. That alone was one of the most ridiculous obvervations I have ever seen.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The pass sets up the run.

This is fact.

And we just won it all doing that better than anyone else.

Appreciate it.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is fact.

Appreciate it.

You still on this? How about you back this up with some facts? I already debunked your bullshit with actual numbers.

EKA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is fact.

Appreciate it.

you do realize the offense we ran was predicated a lot on how a defense reacts to a possible run. The RPO's the league will now copy are actually called run plays with a pass option depending on how the LBers and D-line react. The QB has to read it and has the option to hand the ball off as called, or pull it back and let it fly. That is the real fact.

So we just won it all with a run play setting up the pass better than anyone else.

Appreciate it.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you do realize the offense we ran was predicated a lot on how a defense reacts to a possible run. The RPO's the league will now copy are actually called run plays with a pass option depending on how the LBers and D-line react. The QB has to read it and has the option to hand the ball off as called, or pull it back and let it fly. That is the real fact.

So we just won it all with a run play setting up the pass better than anyone else.

Appreciate it.

but its the threat of the pass that makes the LBs move the wrong direction at the snap, opening up running lanes...

:)

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You still on this? How about you back this up with some facts? I already debunked your bullshit with actual numbers.
You did not.

You ignored the actual facts and tried to reinterpret to conform to your warped view.

The pass sets up the run as Doug did more and better than anyone else leading us to our first Super Bowl Championship.

This was shown to you. Clearly.

You aren't lacking the facts you are lacking the brain to accurately analyze them.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did not.

You ignored the actual facts and tried to reinterpret to conform to your warped view.

The pass sets up the run as Doug did more and better than anyone else leading us to our first Super Bowl Championship.

This was shown to you. Clearly.

You aren't lacking the facts you are lacking the brain to accurately analyze them.

ROFL. You are funny I will give you that. The deflect bullshit will not work. I listed fact with verifiable numbers. Prove they are innaccurate. I have shown the Eagles run as much on first down as they throw. You have yet to show otherwise. You posted some image that does not even show where the information is obtained.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but its the threat of the pass that makes the LBs move the wrong direction at the snap, opening up running lanes...

:)

umm.... that is not how the RPO works. It actually is designed to look like a running play and handoff is simulated. That forces the LB's to move forward not back.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
umm.... that is not how the RPO works. It actually is designed to look like a running play and handoff is simulated. That forces the LB's to move forward not back.

giphy.gif

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ROFL. You are funny I will give you that. The deflect bullshit will not work. I listed fact with verifiable numbers. Prove they are innaccurate. I have shown the Eagles run as much on first down as they throw. You have yet to show otherwise. You posted some image that does not even show where the information is obtained.

I included every team, every down, every quarter. You didn't do shit. You didn't even take the 4th quarter out of the singular piece of (useless) information you did provide.

The Eagles consistently pass more than the other teams on 1st down until the 4th quarter. That is a mother fucking fact.

You should eat that fact instead of spitting it up all over yourself.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I included every team, every down, every quarter. You did no comparisons.

The Eagles consistently pass more than the other teams on 1st down until the 4th quarter. That is a mother fucking fact.

You should eat that fact instead of spitting it up all over yourself.

That is just flat fucking stupid. The Eagles have as many rush attempts on first down as pass attempts. That does not mean the pass early then only run the ball on first down late. Did you watch any of the Eagles games at all last year? You must not have becuase I can't think of anything that would make you believe something so utterly stupid.