• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dos Anjos Training

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dos Anjos trains at Kings MMA. They have great coaching and great training partners. One of Dos Anjos' training partners is Lyoto Machida. I think that will help Dos Anjos a lot. Machida has a karate style. He uses movement very well. He is also a southpaw like McGregor. He also has as much reach as McGregor. Dos Anjos is a very well rounded fighter with the skill set, training, and size to give McGregor his first loss in the UFC. Dos Anjos seems to be dealing with the dispectful McGregor as well as possible. I don't think all of McGregor's talking will help him before or during the fight. He is just proving to the world that he's a classless guy unlike Dos Anjos.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I almost left out Evolve MMA. That is another team that Dos Anjos is a part of. It is another reason that Dos Anjos will be well prepared for the fight.

Last edited by a moderator:

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dos Anjos trains at Kings MMA. They have great coaching and great training partners. One of Dos Anjos' training partners is Lyoto Machida. I think that will help Dos Anjos a lot. Machida has a karate style. He uses movement very well. He is also a southpaw like McGregor. He also has as much reach as McGregor. Dos Anjos is a very well rounded fighter with the skill set, training, and size to give McGregor his first loss in the UFC. Dos Anjos seems to be dealing with the dispectful McGregor as well as possible. I don't think all of McGregor's talking will help him before or during the fight. He is just proving to the world that he's a classless guy unlike Dos Anjos.
I think this fight goes one of two ways.....RDA takes him down every round and grinds out a win or he tries to stand and bang with McGregor, in which case he gets planted just like Aldo did

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If RDA takes McGregor down every round the fight could end with a finish. Dos Anjos has 8 submission wins in his career compared to McGregor's 1. Dos Anjos is a 3rd degree Brazilian Black Belt. I think Dos Anjos is planning to ground and pound his way to victory and go for submissions after he has the fight already won. McGregor has 17 wins by KO. I agree he is very dangerous standing but I wouldn't discount Dos Anjos' punishing kicks as a factor in the fight. The fight could resemble the Nate Diaz fight. McGregor keeps saying that he will win within a minute. Reality could be very different for him on fight night. RDA doesn't have any delusions about a 1 minute fight. As the fight goes on I think the mental edge will go to Dos Anjos especially if he dictates where the fight goes.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RDA's main trainer is Nick Curson. He is one of those extreme stamina training guys. A Marinovich training system disciple.

They do some revolutionary scary shit. Lots of Strength & Conditioning, Plyometrics, Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, and Rehabilitative Exercise.

If you guys have never heard of Marinovich, I suggest you look him up.

RDA is going to steam roll McNugget. Unfortunately, I also said the same of Aldo...

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RDA's strength and conditioning training in a word is intense. His speed and endurance will be unbelievable in his fight with McGregor. Another factor in the fight will be RDA's defense. He keeps his chin tucked in well when he is striking. I think McGregor as a counter puncher will be surprised at how much damage RDA will be able to do to him without exposing his chin for the KO. McGregor will not be used to the power that RDA can generate with his strikes. McGregor has been fighting much smaller FW's in the UFC. In the Mendes fight two of the main factors were McGregor's kicks to the body and Mendes' lack of training and endurance. RDA is much better at defending kicks. RDA is much bigger than Mendes which will make it that much harder for McGregor to escape from the bottom when the fight goes there.

Yankee Traveler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RDA's main trainer is Nick Curson. He is one of those extreme stamina training guys. A Marinovich training system disciple.

They do some revolutionary scary shit. Lots of Strength & Conditioning, Plyometrics, Biomechanics, Exercise Physiology, and Rehabilitative Exercise.

If you guys have never heard of Marinovich, I suggest you look him up.

RDA is going to steam roll McNugget. Unfortunately, I also said the same of Aldo...

Yeah, like breaking RDA's foot.
No Red Panty night for RDA.

FanofPelicans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's disappointing but RDA will be back.