• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Don James statue dedication

TheDayMan

Day Butt Ass the sadgaydayboy
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,190.30
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They should have done it at 5 tomorrow. I'd stumble my drunk ass over and check it out.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone have any pictures of it?

I have to imagine by the time I stumble to the stadium I'll forget to check it out. Additionally, I'm not even entirely sure where it is.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ad48e6df-4e86-43e7-a0cc-31e0bda52019-large16x9_un3.jpg

la-sp-chris-petersen-washington-20161109

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amazing statue. I love it.

I think I love it more because we have our Don James right now in Chris Petersen. Similar coaching styles, both amazing coaches.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be honest I'm kinda shocked it's taken this long.....
It took this long because James wouldn't let them put one up. He didn't want one after his death either, but even his wife knew no one was going to be able to stop the inevitable. It was the players themselves that got together right after he passed and started the process immediately. Took a while for them to get all of the money and get the process completed.

Of course I visited it and got pictures taken next to it. What's hard to see in the above picture is just how tall it is. It's over 8 feet tall and towers over the square. When you stand next to it you are a midget.

There was quite a crowd around it Saturday for sure.

Obviously they talked to Petersen several times about this and I was a bit surprised to find he had only met coach James one time and barely spoke to him. He had of course wanted to talk to him more and now says he has read quite a bit about him and wants to do more reading on him.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It took this long because James wouldn't let them put one up. He didn't want one after his death either, but even his wife knew no one was going to be able to stop the inevitable. It was the players themselves that got together right after he passed and started the process immediately. Took a while for them to get all of the money and get the process completed.

Of course I visited it and got pictures taken next to it. What's hard to see in the above picture is just how tall it is. It's over 8 feet tall and towers over the square. When you stand next to it you are a midget.

There was quite a crowd around it Saturday for sure.

Obviously they talked to Petersen several times about this and I was a bit surprised to find he had only met coach James one time and barely spoke to him. He had of course wanted to talk to him more and now says he has read quite a bit about him and wants to do more reading on him.

Great testament to his impeccable character.