• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Doc RIvers says Clippers need to run more learn how to close game space offensivley

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,643.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Los Angeles Clippers have two perennial All-NBA players in Chris Paul and Blake Griffin, and now have one of the best coaches in the league in Doc Rivers.

"The expectations are great," said Rivers. "I don't want us to shrink from that at all. I don't want us to run from that, but what we've got to get our guys to understand is expectations are one thing. Realization is a whole different thing, and just because you're expected to do anything doesn't mean you've arrived.

"We have not arrived. We didn't win a playoff series last year. So we have a lot of work to do as a group. We should expect to do that work. We have to expect that it's going to be much harder and we have to embrace it and do it."

Source: Real GM

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Doc teaches Blake Griffin how to man up, watch out.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fan of the team Doc used to coach here.

Rivers has many good points but underestimates the importance of defensive rebounding.

Hopefully he learned from the problems lack of rebounding caused for my Celtics the last 2-3 seasons. If he has
you should enjoy the results.

Brahmsian

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fan of the team Doc used to coach here.

Rivers has many good points but underestimates the importance of defensive rebounding.

Hopefully he learned from the problems lack of rebounding caused for my Celtics the last 2-3 seasons. If he has
you should enjoy the results.
Slight amendment to my previous post.

I'll agree with Rivers that DEFENSIVE rebounding is more valuable than offensive rebounding, but I vakue BOTH of them more than Doc seems to.