• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Do you believe that your team could ever win an NBA championship? Title teams STAY OUT.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. Let's just conveniently ignore the fact that the Lakers keeping their name after moving from Minneapolis to L.A. made them perhaps the most improperly named team in pro sports. lol.
well Utah Jazz is pretty bad too....lol....those 2 teams- Lakers and Jazz.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Raptors had it in them to win a title with Lowry/Derozan, now that Derozan's gone I can't see the Raptors winning a title.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the Raptors had it in them to win a title with Lowry/Derozan, now that Derozan's gone I can't see the Raptors winning a title.

Thryre better now but they have 2 years left with Lowry.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thryre better now but they have 2 years left with Lowry.
If Kawhi is healthy, I put them behind Boston and ahead of Philly.

But, It wouldn't be a huge shock if they beat both.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Kawhi is healthy, I put them behind Boston and ahead of Philly.

But, It wouldn't be a huge shock if they beat both.

No question but he said the old Toronto vs the new Toronto.

My only points

1) no more Lebron
2) this team is better on paper

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No question but he said the old Toronto vs the new Toronto.

My only points

1) no more Lebron
2) this team is better on paper
Oh, yeah.....

I totally agree with you.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously?

They have much more upside now with Kawhi and Green. They had a 0% chance with last year's roster.

jontaejones

Hoopla Cash
$ 149.32
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Close to half of the 30 current NBA teams have never won a title, or have a title wins(s) that were strictly from previous locations of the franchise. My Minnesota Timberwolves are one of those teams. Feel free to include your thoughts on your own team if it has only 1 or 2 titles. Fans of teams with several titles feel free to add your thoughts on the teams of us who suffer title droughts.

As much as I want to believe, when I look at it logically, I just don't see an NBA title coming to Minnesota. Whereas it's at least feasible with the Vikings in the NFL if they could get over their choking ways, the culture of the NBA makes it almost impossible for small market teams like Minnesota to do anything. Anytime we draft or even trade for a high quality talent, they all eventually bail for teams and markets with legitimate chances to compete for championships, so we're constantly restarting anything good that does happen to occur here. The culture of the NBA is simply too heavily focused on name brands for the top superstars, and hardly any of them will pick a place like Minnesota over a place like L.A., Boston, etc. regardless of whether or not Minnesota could afford their NBA salary demands. This problem branches beyond trying to form a title contending core of players into making it difficult to attract legitimate coaching leadership, and it seems to require a local billionaire owner to even keep them in the state in the first place.

If only we had offered up Andrew Wiggins to Cleveland last year for Kyrie after Kyrie mentioned Minnesota as a preferred landing spot, maybe we could have had a big 3 of KAT, Kyrie and Butler to build on. Wouldn't have propelled them past the Warriors on its own, but now it's looking like Butler will bail, Wiggins probably won't ever live up to his hype, and who knows if KAT will even want to stay long-term whether or not his development continues.

*shrugs* I guess we can still blindly hold out hope that they get it together enough next season to convince Butler to stay and that a legit big 3 can come of KAT/Wiggins/Butler. I don't see it, though. Probably back to square one within a couple of years.

They definitely will.

It will just be after I'm dead...