• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dixon to Transfer

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://oregon.247sports.com/Bolt/Issac-Dixon-Transfers-from-Oregon-35735844

Oregon safety Issac Dixon will not be a part of the Oregon program next season. The redshirt junior recorded 10 tackles in seven appearances in the 2013 season.
Oregon's communications department was able to confirm Dixon's departure, and said Dixon is on track to graduate from the UO this spring. Upon graduating, he will then use the graduation exemption to look for a school to play at next fall.
Dixon recorded one interception and 14 tackles in his career at Oregon.
Dixon says he will visit Portland State this weekend on his Facebook account.

WhiteMamba

John: 8:36
Hoopla Cash
$ 61.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck to him.

I saw yesterday on ESPNU that 3 Stanford guys transferred.

I guess when you start building a program that wins guys start transferring after getting buried on depth chart.

Don't blame them. Nothing but wishing the best for all of Em.

TDs3nOut

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck to him.

I guess when you start building a program that wins guys start transferring after getting buried on depth chart.

Hope you get your wish with the WR who transferred from Oregon to Houston (I think his name is Chance Allen). He never produced much at Oregon, but I think was a pretty highly regarded recruit. Also think he might be eligible to play this season.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hope you get your wish with the WR who transferred from Oregon to Houston (I think his name is Chance Allen). He never produced much at Oregon, but I think was a pretty highly regarded recruit. Also think he might be eligible to play this season.
He was pretty highly regarded when he came in. Houston is getting a good player.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Best of luck to him.

This happened to SC towards the end of PC's tenure. We had a corral of stud RBs and Emmanuel Moody, who was actually on the cover of SI's college preview issue, left and transferred to Florida. I think it's the natural ebb and flow of CFB. Once your team puts a string of great teams together like Oregon, Stanford and SC have, everyone wants to play and be a star. But suddenly these star HS players come into college and realize there are three or four other position players that are just as good, if not better, than they are. They see their playing time limited and decide to look for greener pastures.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This happened to SC towards the end of PC's tenure. We had a corral of stud RBs and Emmanuel Moody, who was actually on the cover of SI's college preview issue, left and transferred to Florida. I think it's the natural ebb and flow of CFB. Once your team puts a string of great teams together like Oregon, Stanford and SC have, everyone wants to play and be a star. But suddenly these star HS players come into college and realize there are three or four other position players that are just as good, if not better, than they are. They see their playing time limited and decide to look for greener pastures.
It is definitely a byproduct of a successful program. This has been happening for a few years now. Brian Bennett is actually at the NFL Combine after transferring to SE Louisiana after being beaten out by Mariota. I think he has a real shot at getting drafted.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One QB who had a ton of early season hype this past season, Brett Hundley, has been virtually ignored in the QB draft talk. I know he's not at the level of Mariotta or Winston, but I think he has good potential and I'm surprised he has not been spoken of more highly in the pre-draft discussions.

RaidaDave

Devourer of Souls
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,331.25
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One QB who had a ton of early season hype this past season, Brett Hundley, has been virtually ignored in the QB draft talk. I know he's not at the level of Mariotta or Winston, but I think he has good potential and I'm surprised he has not been spoken of more highly in the pre-draft discussions.
That one surprises me a bit too. I am sure that it will probably put a huge chip on his shoulder for being overlooked.

LucklessPadresFan

Creedence Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady knows a thing or two about lower draft picks creating a chip on the shoulder.