• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Meets Jerry

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True, but if he were considered a legit #1, he would be signed now as well. He was getting paid top 3 WR money..Imagine if Julio, OBJ or Antonio Brown were cut tomorrow...31 teams would be lined up, no matter their cap situation. Either way, he will be playing for about half what he was scheduled to make. I believe if his initial response to a pay cut weren't ''no, Hell no'', he'd still be here too.
I agree he was over paid, but this should have been settled much sooner than it was. Hell it's possible Watkins would have signed if Dez was already out of the picture. I fully believe the full FO wanted to release Dez from the jump, but Jerry dug in and said no until the end.
The good sign is I think this shows Jerry, while still has final say is at least listening and relenting to saner voices.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree he was over paid, but this should have been settled much sooner than it was. Hell it's possible Watkins would have signed if Dez was already out of the picture. I fully believe the full FO wanted to release Dez from the jump, but Jerry dug in and said no until the end.
The good sign is I think this shows Jerry, while still has final say is at least listening and relenting to saner voices.
He was 100% gone if Watkins signed. Jerry knew it, Watkins knew it and everyone involved knew it so I don't think that had any bearing on the situation. Seems Dallas already went higher than they should have for Watkins so I'm happy they went no higher. Ultimately I think Jerry too agreed he needed to be gone, but wanted to play it off to Dez like he didn't. I think he gave him the old "Hey Dez, you know I want you here, but those guys over there...". I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry himself brought up the players and started this whole "Garrett guys" Bull shit too.

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if he realizes that by ranting as he has he's making it more difficult for himself to find a team that will want him at all. Everyone saw how TO was, I and think the league took notice that those are not the kind of players to bring in. Dez can be a quality receiver if he would put his money to work on his skills rather than his mouth to work on his ego.

It's just that kind of nonsense that made him - for a long time now - not as productive as he is disruptive.

cowboycolors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey Dez
Let me give you some advice that is sound simple and oh so true.
" Honey draws more flies than vinegar"
"When life gives you lemons make some lemonade"
"Pettiness does not look good on anybody"
While you might be moping around and wallowing in a pity party you are doing yourself no favors in acquiring a new job.As Cowboy fans we enjoyed your accomplishments and cheered for you to do well and most of us want you to do well
moving forward with the rest of your career and eventually your transition into the after football life. But bichin about fans wont do you any more good than pizzing in the wind.
Good Luck it looks like your going to need some.

JMHO

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man that Romo contract was handled horribly. One of the worst ever. It wasn't a bad deal for Dallas in terms of total $'s of course, but the way we restructured it screwed us for years and still is
Disagree. If you have a $20M salary cap to account for you can account for it as $20M in 1 year or $4M per year for 5 years. Neither screws you but paying it over time gives you greater flexibility. What hurt the Cowboys was:
1) Signing and keeping other players that weren't worth their annual salaries.
2) Overspending the cap every year, (in real terms), without accepting the need for a salary cap dump year somewhere down the line.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cutting Bryant was absolutely the right thing to do, even if it impacts the Cowboys chances of being a contender in the short term. His $12.5M salary was likely $6M higher than his true value to the team. Maybe a bad or desperate team, (which the Cowboys are not), will offer him a $6.5M contract but until he calms down no-one is going to want to talk to him. My guess is he pouts for a long time and ends up having to accept a much lower deal in August.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, it looks like Irving will be facing a suspension for beating up his girlfriend. Good thing it's a deep draft for DT.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating a dead horse. Dez is gone. Move on.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
images

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Beating a dead horse. Dez is gone. Move on.
Article from yesterday. Biggest Cowboy news of the offseason unless Witten leaves. Cowboy board to talk all things Cowboys. Topic isn't going to go away any time soon. Quite sure we are going to read about him the first time (and everytime) Dez has a big game. Maybe just get used to seeing it.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Article from yesterday. Biggest Cowboy news of the offseason unless Witten leaves. Cowboy board to talk all things Cowboys. Topic isn't going to go away any time soon. Quite sure we are going to read about him the first time (and everytime) Dez has a big game. Maybe just get used to seeing it.
I am talking about reasons for getting rid of Dez. Not news of him signing with a team or playing next season. The dead horse is the Cowboys keep putting out stories on why they cut Dez.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am talking about reasons for getting rid of Dez. Not news of him signing with a team or playing next season. The dead horse is the Cowboys keep putting out stories on why they cut Dez.
I don't know the context, but I doubt it was the Cowboys or McClay bringing it up. I'm guessing the reporters brought it up, but I could be wrong. I suspect this continues all year as situations arise

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think what was very important (IMO at least) about the statement was it came from a guy whose role is not to judge how players interact off the field or how much they get paid or how they act on the sideline. It was strictly about how he played on the field after watching tape and whether the team is better with him or without him. This shoots down (at least in how I read it) the whole idea about "Garrett guys" and that he was cut for any reason other than his play on the field. Of all the good and bad Dez had last year the thing that stood out to me the most was him running down the sideline on a "go" route and just getting sealed off one on one and not being able to come up with a 50/50 ball and not really even coming close so many times. The "old" Dez performed differently ion those situations from my recollection.:2cents:

McClay pointed to what the Cowboys saw on tape from Bryant during the 2017 season as reasons for his departure.

“It was a collective deal,” McClay said. “The (inability) to win one-on-one, to win down field. There was inconsistency as well as some huge things in his play. So what’s best moving forward for Dez Bryant the Cowboys, we just made that decision. It’s a production-based business.”

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I think what was very important (IMO at least) about the statement was it came from a guy whose role is not to judge how players interact off the field or how much they get paid or how they act on the sideline. It was strictly about how he played on the field after watching tape and whether the team is better with him or without him. This shoots down (at least in how I read it) the whole idea about "Garrett guys" and that he was cut for any reason other than his play on the field. Of all the good and bad Dez had last year the thing that stood out to me the most was him running down the sideline on a "go" route and just getting sealed off one on one and not being able to come up with a 50/50 ball and not really even coming close so many times. The "old" Dez performed differently ion those situations from my recollection.:2cents:

McClay pointed to what the Cowboys saw on tape from Bryant during the 2017 season as reasons for his departure.

“It was a collective deal,” McClay said. “The (inability) to win one-on-one, to win down field. There was inconsistency as well as some huge things in his play. So what’s best moving forward for Dez Bryant the Cowboys, we just made that decision. It’s a production-based business.”

I see what your saying. No problem. I am so over DEZ being a Cowboy. Yes it took me a while LOL, but I am good with it. He is dead to me now LOL

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I see what your saying. No problem. I am so over DEZ being a Cowboy. Yes it took me a while LOL, but I am good with it. He is dead to me now LOL
I honestly wish him well. I get that even though he may excel elsewhere it just wasn't looking like it was going to happen here so I'm not nervously waiting to see where he does or how he does this year. I was really pissed off at the BS he pulled after he left like a hurt little child, but now that he has stopped I can get back to wishing him the best. I hope he signs soon because if not I think it is going to mentally affect him.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly wish him well. I get that even though he may excel elsewhere it just wasn't looking like it was going to happen here so I'm not nervously waiting to see where he does or how he does this year. I was really pissed off at the BS he pulled after he left like a hurt little child, but now that he has stopped I can get back to wishing him the best. I hope he signs soon because if not I think it is going to mentally affect him.
I

I agree. He acted like a child when released. I am excited to see the new guys. I can't wait!! They filled some of the pressing needs except safety, but if the pass rush improves, it can help mask some weaknesses in the secondary. I think our corners wil, be fine. Frazier and Heath have me concerned.

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, this comment doesn't seem accurate, but I guess it's a little misleading. Doesn't say there are a few more team that would do something like what Balt allegedly offered. Maybe he should have taken it.

Dez Bryant - WR - Free Agent
According to ESPN's Adam Schefter, there are "far more" teams not willing to pay free agent Dez Bryant at the league minimum than there are teams that would even sign Bryant to any contract.

Bryant has been on the open market for close to three weeks now, and that market has been pretty icy. Only the Ravens have been known to offer him a deal, one that was reportedly a three-year, $21 million pact that Bryant turned down before the Ravens then moved on to Willie Snead. Per Schefter, the NFC East isn't at all interested in Bryant. It's difficult to even find a suitor.