• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dez Meets Jerry

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not like his parting shot at Witten. Rejection is a hard thing to deal with, but there are ways to handle it and he did it poorly. I still want LB or DT first. And my Get a room love for James Washington lol
Washington at 50 would be fine with me. I hope we get one of the top 5 receivers in this draft. I would be OK with ridley at 19,but we have gaping hole at LB. Lee can't stay on the field and while Jaylon has improved there are no guarantee he ever returns to form. It could be argued that we have needs in the secondary as well. Can't never have enough good corners or safties and I don't see any good safties on the roster

jarntt

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thisis where all our trouble started last season, the inability of our WR's to get open. that put more strain on the OL because it resulted in Dak having to hold onto the ball longer and that leads to sacks and forced passes
Absolutely, but to be fair the OL was not good enough (and not just Green and Cooper) and Dak needs to be better too.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely, but to be fair the OL was not good enough (and not just Green and Cooper) and Dak needs to be better too.
no argument about Green and Cooper they just couldn't sustain their blocks which allowed sacks

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
our OL weakness last season was centered around Collins and our backups (Cooper, Bell and Green) those 4 allowed 16 sacks. getting rid of Bell, Cooper and hopefully Green and moving Collins back to guard and adding Fleming and M. Martin improves our OL. add another backup OLman and I think we are a whole lot better

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
thisis where all our trouble started last season, the inability of our WR's to get open. that put more strain on the OL because it resulted in Dak having to hold onto the ball longer and that leads to sacks and forced passes
You may be right, but I think it was also Dak being too indecisive at times and got happy feet.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You may be right, but I think it was also Dak being too indecisive at times and got happy feet.
I agree but the happy feet were caused by being under pressure because the OL couldn't slow anyone down

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why cant you just move on?? You got your wish Dez is gone. No use of more Dez bashing.
I will if you will. Get off Dak, quit making excuses for Dez, and I'll gladly let him go be the lead WR for the Ravens

Eiknarflin

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of positions and lots of people share responsibility for the reduction in production that we suffered last year. IMO, the buck has to stop with the coaches, especially JG. He simply has to become more flexible in his approach to running the offense, as in running the same obvious plays over and over again while expecting different results simply doesn't work in a league where parity reigns supreme.

If he can't make adjustments to the offensive scheme, we will continue to see the same results.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of positions and lots of people share responsibility for the reduction in production that we suffered last year. IMO, the buck has to stop with the coaches, especially JG. He simply has to become more flexible in his approach to running the offense, as in running the same obvious plays over and over again while expecting different results simply doesn't work in a league where parity reigns supreme.

If he can't make adjustments to the offensive scheme, we will continue to see the same results.
That is true. This coaching staff has to be more creative. How many games did this offense stutter in the second half??? Too many. They scare me more then any team.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really don't get why the Cowboys waited as long as they did to cut Dez. It just looks bad to me. Yeah, I have been all over the place on the pick at 19. If we want the offense to return to 2016 level then that starts up front. Hernandez would look damn good at LG and I got a 1st round grade on him. Hernandez is a beast

DALLAScornhusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to believe the wait to release Dez was the struggle within the front office to get Jerry on board with the move. Initially Stephen publicly lobbied for a pay cut. That changed somewhere near the start of FA. Dez was "out of town" and not meeting the route guru which delayed it further. IMO Jerry drug his feet - thus the delay.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he had happy feet against Atlanta last year....most woulda

Yup. LT was an issue that game.

DOeAQDiVwAAcQso.jpg

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to believe the wait to release Dez was the struggle within the front office to get Jerry on board with the move. Initially Stephen publicly lobbied for a pay cut. That changed somewhere near the start of FA. Dez was "out of town" and not meeting the route guru which delayed it further. IMO Jerry drug his feet - thus the delay.
This makes a lot of sense, and who knows, if Dez actually started working with his Route Coach maybe Jerry fights harder to keep him.
I'm convinced it was more than just money for the release.

tomodach10

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This makes a lot of sense, and who knows, if Dez actually started working with his Route Coach maybe Jerry fights harder to keep him.
I'm convinced it was more than just money for the release.

That is a stretch suggesting because Dez did not see a Route Coach, Jerry would have fought harder for him. The organization had already made up their mind. The meeting was just to tell Dez face to face. IMO that had nothing to do with it. When you don't even ask a player to take a pay cut, it means you don't want them at all.

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is a stretch suggesting because Dez did not see a Route Coach, Jerry would have fought harder for him. The organization had already made up their mind. The meeting was just to tell Dez face to face. IMO that had nothing to do with it. When you don't even ask a player to take a pay cut, it means you don't want them at all.
I think Jerry fought for him anyway, Dez gave him nothing to take to the fight.
I fully believe if it was only $$$ Dez would still be a Cowboy

Manster7588

Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it wasn't, if so Dez would have been released early March. If you don't think Jerry fought to keep Dez up until the end, you don't know Jerry.

ROMOTOOWENS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JJ has always had a thing for Star Power. Dez had that at one time. Might still have it. Probably the right move for the organization in the long run. It had to be tough on JJ though. Dez said Garrett guys. Dez was definitely a JJ guy.