• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Devils vs Sharks; HOME COOKING

Status
Not open for further replies.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Need that W. Don't want to let those first 3 games mean nothing by losing another. :suds:

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be there! Checked Stubhub this morning and cheapest tix are $88!! Anyone know why that is? Heard some 3D presentation pregame but damn. I went to the opener last year and spent only $50.

Havlat most likely out tonight which means Brunner.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yea, I saw that. Upstairs 87.50 is lowest, rest are over 100.
Cory has to bounce back with a very strong game, and Devils have to stay out of box. Good crowd. Hopefully they don't disappoint.

KingOfNJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Heading over there in a hour. They're telling everyone to be in there seats by 6:45 for the pre game show.

Should be a solid pre game outside on the plaza

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
That was a really rough one for Gelly. Was trying to do way too much. Might see him sit a game. We'll see.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That was a really rough one for Gelly. Was trying to do way too much. Might see him sit a game. We'll see.

Bad choice on that pass with Cory bolting for bench. One of those high risk plays where if that pass goes through, great chance other way.
Cory cannot give up goals like that 3rd one.
Glad team came back in 3rd. Sharks are good. Let's face it. Devils are up and coming. We will see mistakes especially on defense. But unlike last few years it's more fun to watch.

How about Camm. Great shot.

I thought Brunner brought some speed and a good game.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
It was a premier game so the Devils jacked up prices for it no one was taking a bath on stubhub on opening night. It was a legit sellout it looked on tv so that's good.

Thought the 3d was meh at best. Yeah they ripped off the Habs a bit but before everyone jumps on with this tech why not try and be original? Start doing something that other teams will copy us.

Pitchfork on fire would've been bad ass
Wasn't much 3d I thought nothing compared to the Habs.
Didn't have "Henrique it's over". They didn't play docs call.
I also get wanting your money's worth since this cost them millions but they are going to play that for every home game? 41x is going to bet boring fast. Make it just weekend games maybe having that play ona Tuesday night against the yotes in January is going to be a buzzkill with 12,000 there

Salvador wow he's bad watching him get trounced on the PK twice was funny. Couldn't take away the passing lane and kept getting spun around. Sure am glad we have Larson in the press box taking notes.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bad choice on that pass with Cory bolting for bench. One of those high risk plays where if that pass goes through, great chance other way.
Cory cannot give up goals like that 3rd one.
Glad team came back in 3rd. Sharks are good. Let's face it. Devils are up and coming. We will see mistakes especially on defense. But unlike last few years it's more fun to watch.

How about Camm. Great shot.

I thought Brunner brought some speed and a good game.

Yeah, but as great as his shot was and his one goal... he was the direct result of allowing the sharks to have two goals... it was his slash that allowed the PP and I believe it was his pass that went off the skate that started the empty net goal... it was his cross ice pass if I am not mistaken.... Zid looked bad as well tonight...

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That penalty has got to go. The sticks break so easily these days. Hate that if stick breaks its a penalty. What happened to old fashioned sherwoods?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought it was pretty funny how during the lineup intro for the Sharks the announcer didnt say the names so the fans cant chant "sucks"..the owners must realllly hate that word.

Also the goal song was BLASTING so loud to drown out the you suck chants which were picked up fairly fast after the 2nd goal. The speaker system there is terrible. Wayy too loud then way too low.

The new stuff around the arena is pretty cool. Little bit of Jersey stuff. Lots of new food places.

As for the game the Devils had a ton of chances but didnt play well at all overall in the first 2 periods. A shutout would not have surprised anyone in the arena.

Sharks PP is too good to give them that many chances. Niemi played pretty well. The Marleau goal looked like a softie. Was nice to see them make a game out of it after 3-0 and it looked for awhile like they were gonna tie it.

Get back on track against the Rags!

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Goal song fiasco still going strong I read lol

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8pSERIG9LU]Devils opening 3D projection show - YouTube[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.