• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dead Zone Poll

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
God I hate this time of year. Crickets on this message board and everywhere else for that matter. For the few poor souls who are still checking this site, I'll propose a couple of questions. Which is a more intriguing question for Broncos fans?

1. Will Montee Ball become the starter by week 1?
  2. Who will be the Broncos fourth receiver behind Thomas, Decker and Welker?
  3. Will Derek Wolfe develop into a force on the D-line or will Ayers finally deliver?
  4. How does Sylvester William's rookie season pan out?
  5. What is the final score in game 1 against the Baltimore Ravens?

I'll check back in a month or two and see if anyone has read or responded to this yet.....

Go Broncos!!

MH64

:rollseyes:

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will Montee Ball become the starter by week 1?

I don't see anyone else getting the starting nod right now, but we'll probably continue going by committee.

Who will be the Broncos fourth receiver behind Thomas, Decker and Welker?
Good question. For now, I'll just say the rookie Tavarres King.

Will Derek Wolfe develop into a force on the D-line or will Ayers finally deliver?
10 sacks each would be very nice.

How does Sylvester William's rookie season pan out?
Quite successfully, I hope.

What is the final score in game 1 against the Baltimore Ravens?
Denver 50 Baltimore 0 at the very least.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think it matters. I think he will contribute right off the bat but it may flip flop as to whether he is the starter.

Probably a speedster. King is suppose to be fast if I remember correctly and has shown some promise. I don't see us going 4 wide so it might be moot unless there is injury. It does sound like we are developing some younger receivers.

Will Derek Wolfe develop into a force on the D-line or will Ayers finally deliver?

I Derek Wolfe will do well at end. I see us keeping Ayers in a more reserved role. He does well in run support and I think that is where Fox and Del Rio keep him.

I think he does very well and allows Wolfe and Miller to get after the QB. Maybe grab 3-4 sacks himself. I am hoping Williams and Knighton bring some much needed interior pressure.

I don't think the Ravens have lost as much talent as it initially looked like but it will take time for their new guys to gel into the system. I don't see Flacco having the success he did in the playoffs, without Boldin. I see the defense making a few mistakes mainly because half of them will be new and not quite experts at their individual roles. All that combined with opening on the road in Denver, I think the final score will be 31-17

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So far between megalodon and broncosrok, the score of the Baltimore game is 81 to 17 in favor of the Broncos. I'm happy....

Go Broncos!

MH64

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also appreciate the other thoughts, guys! This is going to be a long 6 weeks!

Broncos6482

Troll Boy Extraordinaire
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I believe so.

This is probably cheating, but I think the 4th receiving threat will be tight end Julius Thomas.

I've given up on Ayers, but I think Wolfe will have a very nice season.

I'm hoping for the best, but that's usually a tough transition. If he can get to 5 sacks I'll be happy.

I think we win 38-20.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think they Broncos should be trying to sign Koppen right away. The last thing we need is Manny Ramirez to be our starting center this season.

braves66boy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree Rambizzle and Miked. I hope we win our first game by a final score of 42 - 10. I will go with King as our 4th WR.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must have to get to 40 or 50 to be able to post new threads. It is kind of annoying since we were able to do it initially.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Guess we will have to throw up some meaningless posts to get there.

Miked383

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like I can post new threads now, maybe it was just a glitch with the site.

Orange-and-Blue

Go Broncos!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah Mike.....I wrote to the admins today asking them why I couldn't create threads. I can now so it must have been a glitch.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To the original post, I think questions 2 and 3 are the most intriguing. I would expand the question to, "How will our entire D-line production shake down, and where will all of the sacks come from?" Derek Wolfe will probably end up with the most sacks from the line, and Robert Ayers is better at run support, so I don't expect much from him in the way of sacks. It will be interesting to see how Sly produces in year 1. JDR will no doubt find a way to use him, but it may take a few weeks to half a season of learning from the sidelines before we see much of him. This is just speculation on my part based on what we usually see out of D-linemen.

Montee Ball has a great chance to step in and take the starting role in the backfield within the first few weeks, if not in Week 1. I expect big things from him this season. 1000+ yards.

Thomas, Decker, and Welker will take so much of the production that there won't be much left for anyone else. The only possible exception I can see to this is Welker becoming the #2 producer, and Decker and a TE being in the same range of production as 3rd and 4th options. But we have multiple developing TEs, so it's really hard to see how this will all pan out. This is good, because if we can't figure out who will be getting the ball, then opposing defenses are going to have the same problem. We have a lot of weapons on offense. Very nice.

I hope we punk the shit out the Ravens.

DownSetHutch

d-_-b
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, meant questions 3 and 4....