• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

David Pinto: writes about baseball but apparently doesn't actually follow the game

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
David Pinto at Baseball Musings has a Rookie of the Year Vote:

NL Rookie of the Year Vote

Sunday night I sent my ballots to the Internet Baseball Writers Association of America (IBWAA). Here are my votes for NL Rookie:

1. Jason Heyward
2. Jaime Garcia
3. Starlin Castro

You could flip a coin between Heyward and Garcia and get the answer right. Heyward’s season produced more value, and it was more dramatic. He hit the big home run in his first at bat. He made a great catch in the playoff-clinching game. In between, he showed he could hit, get on base, slug and run. All that playing at seasonal age 20. He should have a great career ahead of him.

Update: Someone notes that I left Buster Posey off the list. When I looked at the rookie list on ESPN, I just didn’t see his name there. Of course, Buster should be in the top three and I apologize for leaving him off the list.

Update: Because no post season games were played, I was able to change my vote to 1. Heyward, 2. Posey, 3. Garcia.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we now see the mental power of those who put Heyward first. And these idiots get a vote. Posey's gonna get writerjacked.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OK. This guy doesn't have an official vote. Thank god.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And we now see the mental power of those who put Heyward first. And these idiots get a vote. Posey's gonna get writerjacked.

The comments really skewer Pinto. His excuse? He was burned out and just forgot about Posey. Unbelievable. But, you know there going to be some equally dumb-ass real voters out there. Reminds of the guy who left Ricky Henderson off of his HOF ballot.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Posey's got an uphill battle to win it.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As one of the commentors stated, I am cool if someone votes for Heyward over Posey for a reason, but the vote for one over the other due to ignorance or laziness is simply unacceptable.

This is the exact definition of East Coast Bias. These guys "already stay up late at night to watch the Giants". Anything west of the Mississippi is an after-thought and anything we get we should be thankful for.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, that guy just lost all credibility as a baseball writer. I mean when your job actually revolves around writing for baseball and you just "forget" about Buster Posey then you have some issues..........then you factor in that his team is in the playoffs and he's a huge reason and you realize the tool just belongs on Eastern Sports Network Program.

SFGRTB

Superstitious Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, I knew they were stupid, but not THIS stupid. Plus, Buster had a 4-hit game in his first 2 games and hit a HR on the last day of the year that all but sealed the division.

Tool.

gp956

The Hammer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
LOL, that guy just lost all credibility as a baseball writer. I mean when your job actually revolves around writing for baseball and you just "forget" about Buster Posey then you have some issues..........then you factor in that his team is in the playoffs and he's a huge reason and you realize the tool just belongs on Eastern Sports Network Program.

I love the guy's apology, "I just forgot - it was a mistake". That just doesn't cut it. Better would have been a serious mea culpa, and a promise to close down his blog - that would be a gesture on a par with the level of disservice he just did to Buster and all Giants fans .