• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Dave Roberts is worse than DM already

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fucking douche bag

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm ready to go back to Verizon

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate our bullpen already.

Thanks Front Office for not really doing anything. This is the reason why Cotton and Montas need to be relief pitchers. We just don't have a solid pen and they cannot be counted on.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you expected Roberts to do there. Kid is coming off TJ, had just thrown pitch #100 and was losing his control.

Blame your FO for not having a better bully, but that move was not Roberts' fault.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can't complain too much. He is a rookie who was at 100 pitches & just walked the lead-off hitter, totaling 4 walks in the game. 9/10, that was the right call. Had that been a veteran SP, then the move is questionable.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure what you expected Roberts to do there. Kid is coming off TJ, had just thrown pitch #100 and was losing his control.

Blame your FO for not having a better bully, but that move was not Roberts' fault.

I agree with you. No need to ruin his career to get a "no-no". I agree with pulling him.

What I don't agree with was the front office doing nothing to build the pen except signing Joey Pancakes and a AAAA pitcher in Coleman. Perhaps they think some of our minor leaguers will be good? They did try to get Chapman as well.

I am just not sold on Hatcher, but the Front Office loves the guy.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you. No need to ruin his career to get a "no-no". I agree with pulling him.

What I don't agree with was the front office doing nothing to build the pen except signing Joey Pancakes and a AAAA pitcher in Coleman. Perhaps they think some of our minor leaguers will be good? They did try to get Chapman as well.

I am just not sold on Hatcher, but the Front Office loves the guy.
Ok, I understand all of that. But none of that is on DR.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I understand all of that. But none of that is on DR.
True

I never said this was DR fault. I simply said that the Dodgers do not understand the importance of having a superior pen. There is a reason the Royals have been to back to back World Series. You figure the team would have figured that out by now.

pete6835

Buuuuuurp!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you all on crack? Let the rookie fuck it up, don't take that away from him.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you all on crack? Let the rookie fuck it up, don't take that away from him.
He was throwing 89 mph and was done. The win and his health is more important than a potential no-hitter. The likelihood of a no hitter with a top fastball of 89 mph is slim to none.

There again, we might have the worst bullpen in the league so what would have been the difference?

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Roberts made the call, an extremely tough call to make. It was raining, pitch count was elevated, he was losing velocity and command.

I believe debating the validity of the call is all in good fun. But to be emphatic about one decision or the other is absurd. It was a tough spot for anyone, that's the reason so many people are debating it.

Giants are incredibly good. More complete than the Dodgers if healthy.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, it was not Roberts fault, they said before the game that the guy was on a 100 pitch count, they stuck to it! I think the guy threw like 70 innings last year after being out all of 2014, no need to push the fact.
That being said, I would have been fine letting him face at least one more batter, he couldn't lose the game even if he gave up a homer, but as I said I'm fine with Robets decision, and I already think he is better than Donnie baseball, no matter what he does this year!
Still, the kid pitched a great game, good chance it will be the best game he ever pitches in the bigs, to bad we couldn't get the win for him. Sadly, it was a great missed opportunity for the Dodgers, can't afford to waste quality starts like that from your
number 5 guy, even if the season is still early?

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate this thread and all of you.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good grief

Delete your account
This is why I rarely have "meaningful" baseball discussions in person and I usually have to mute the announcers (who aren't named Vin Scully) when I'm watching the games on TV. I don't have the patience for it.

I get a headache listening to peoples' HAWT TAKEZ and end up walking out of the room. I don't mind answering questions or having some thoughtful back-and-forth (actually learn a lot that way), but it's when people are like this "OMG DIZ BULLPEN IS A JOKE THIS FO DOESNT HAVE A CLUE. WHY DIDNT THEY SIGN MORE PITCHERS?"

If I can't let it go, I usually look at the person and ask a question like "who won the Cy Young for the American League last year?" or some other super basic trivia like that. Mr. Armchair GM gets stumped and I roll my eyes and then they stop for a bit.

That's way more effective than trying to bring people to insight, because frankly, Mr. Armchair GM usually doesn't want to hear the insight anyways.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why I rarely have "meaningful" baseball discussions in person and I usually have to mute the announcers (who aren't named Vin Scully) when I'm watching the games on TV. I don't have the patience for it.

I get a headache listening to peoples' HAWT TAKEZ and end up walking out of the room. I don't mind answering questions or having some thoughtful back-and-forth (actually learn a lot that way), but it's when people are like this "OMG DIZ BULLPEN IS A JOKE THIS FO DOESNT HAVE A CLUE. WHY DIDNT THEY SIGN MORE PITCHERS?"

If I can't let it go, I usually look at the person and ask a question like "who won the Cy Young for the American League last year?" or some other super basic trivia like that. Mr. Armchair GM gets stumped and I roll my eyes and then they stop for a bit.

That's way more effective than trying to bring people to insight, because frankly, Mr. Armchair GM usually doesn't want to hear the insight anyways.

If the board is giving you road rage and anger issues, why just not leave?

Just a suggestion. If none of us are on your same intellectual level, why waste time with us simpletons and dolts?

Seriously dude, you are only here to antagonize people and argue. Not sure this is the right fit for you. I am sure you can find a better spot to post than here.

You can "google" some other sights....LOL

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the board is giving you road rage and anger issues, why just not leave?

Just a suggestion. If none of us are on your same intellectual level, why waste time with us simpletons and dolts?

Seriously dude, you are only here to antagonize people and argue. Not sure this is the right fit for you. I am sure you can find a better spot to post than here.

You can "google" some other sights....LOL
This is exactly why I come here. I can unload my aggression on dummies like you! You're the punching bag because you don't know me.