• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Darien Stewart announces retirement

Red Snow

Hoopla Cash
$ 769.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DARIAN STEWARTDB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT

Ex-Broncos S Darian Stewart has announced his retirement after 11 seasons.​

The decision was sadly made for Stewart, as he failed to latch on anywhere this season after making 13 appearances for the 2019 Bucs. A 2010 UDFA, Stewart will be most remembered for his time with the Broncos, including a 2015-16 postseason run where he picked off Tom Brady in the AFC Championship Game and made plays all over the field in the Super Bowl. Now 32, Stewart hangs up his cleats as a one-time Pro Bowler.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A great career as a bronco. I felt on our Super Bowl defense he was the most underrated player.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many keyplayers on that team that have not done a lot since they left.
Malik Jackson went to Jacksonville with the big contract and is now on the Eagles.
TJ Ward went to the Bucs for a bit but not really a difference maker.
Demaryius Thomas went to Houston, New England, and the Jets but really never made an impact.
CJ Anderson had a moment with the Rams when they made their run to the Super Bowl, but very little else.

There are some that have had good careers like Danny Trevathon, Emmanuel Sanders, and Bradley Roby.

I am sure I am missing some.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D. Stew had a great Bronco's career - best to him.

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tip of the hat to Stew

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jess, we really have gotten the best out of those players in their prime no doubt.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many keyplayers on that team that have not done a lot since they left.
Malik Jackson went to Jacksonville with the big contract and is now on the Eagles.
TJ Ward went to the Bucs for a bit but not really a difference maker.
Demaryius Thomas went to Houston, New England, and the Jets but really never made an impact.
CJ Anderson had a moment with the Rams when they made their run to the Super Bowl, but very little else.

There are some that have had good careers like Danny Trevathon, Emmanuel Sanders, and Bradley Roby.

I am sure I am missing some.

It just sort of goes to show you how hard it is to win a Super Bowl and when it happens, think about all the right circumstances coming together at the right time and place. Sometimes that's the makeup of the roster. These guys were great together. Not a single one (save Miller) was the single best at his given position across the league, but on that team it seemed like EVERYONE was at least 2nd or 3rd best. The whole unit was ridiculous. And of course, they had the right guy calling the shots on Defense too.