• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D2

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure I have a smart phone.
But my time to check news etc is very very very very limited.
Technically I shouldn't even be on it.
Frankly everyone depends on the smart phone and don’t give me that stuff that you can’t check it. It only takes seconds, you can literally check while on the stool, you can check it when you ever you pause for anything, like the moment after you stuff a mailbox. Just click on Roto world player news, might take 5 seconds. You don’t have to check it hourly, doubt anyone here does that while working. So IMO your argument is invalid. We are all on the same level when it comes to news, because we all depend on smart phones to keep us up to date. If you choice not to, that’s on you.

Last edited:

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait.

Off season pickups are not allowed? Is that for real? Pretty sure they were last season

Between the 17th week of the NFL season and our draft only trades are allowed. Once our draft is over it is free season until right before the regular season.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Busted IMO. Frankly everyone depends on the smart phone and don’t give me that shit that you can’t check it. It only takes seconds, you can literally check while on the stool, you can check it when you ever you pause for anything, like the moment after you stuff a mailbox. Just click on Roto world player news, might take 5 seconds. You don’t have to check it hourly, doubt anyone here does that while working. So IMO your argument is invalid. We are all on the same level when it comes to news, because we all depend on smart phones to keep us up to date. If you choice not to, that’s on you.
It's not that simple.
Some days are much busier than others.
The bosses check on us on the street.
Plus my day isn't always 8 hours.
Especially in November and December.
And if the temperature drops below freezing, reaching for my phone is a little more complicated than simply reaching into a pocket.
I did dynasty to have some fun.
What is being suggested turns this into less fun.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not that simple.
Some days are much busier than others.
The bosses check on us on the street.
Plus my day isn't always 8 hours.
Especially in November and December.
And if the temperature drops below freezing, reaching for my phone is a little more complicated than simply reaching into a pocket.
I did dynasty to have some fun.
What is being suggested turns this into less fun.

OK Joe. Don’t want this to be less fun for you.

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubt anyone here does that while working

tenor.gif

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No smart phone Joe? That's really all you need to keep abreast of happenings in the FF world. I doubt anyone carries his computer to work here. As for work computers, ours is a slug, blocks tons of sites, carefully monitors usuage and sends out a memo to be signed saying no personal use of the internet or you well get penalized upto being discharged. Shoot my smart phone works way better anyhow.
i cant use a smart phone while driving most of the day and im sure Joe cant even while walking

doesnt look good when the Postie or Fedexer is on his phone while you wait for your delivery....

i think if we insist on adds in off season than it should be WW and back to the bottom you go

anyhow i was and am against adds

Last edited:

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Frankly everyone depends on the smart phone and don’t give me that stuff that you can’t check it. It only takes seconds, you can literally check while on the stool, you can check it when you ever you pause for anything, like the moment after you stuff a mailbox. Just click on Roto world player news, might take 5 seconds. You don’t have to check it hourly, doubt anyone here does that while working. So IMO your argument is invalid. We are all on the same level when it comes to news, because we all depend on smart phones to keep us up to date. If you choice not to, that’s on you.
Harold i see you as a level headed guy and i know you are in the same age group

i must admit im surprised that you would make an assumption on what Joe may or may not be allowed to do

trust me i have seen guys disciplined and suspended for being on smart phones during the time we should be delivering.....

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if we've talked about it before and I'm guessing most would be against it but we could go to a a waiver wire budget system.

Waivers clear every Wednesday or something and players go to the highest bidder. You get say $500 (not real $ obviously) to spend from the beginning of the league year to the end.

Gives everybody a fair shot at players as long as they can get online before waivers clear that week and adds an extra element of trying to figure out what to bid.

And you could bid $0 on a player if you don't want to spend on them - you just risk being outbid.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Inthe offseason it could be permanently a waiver system where as soon as waivers are processed, the new waiver claim period begins so that owners who can't be online as often aren't at a disadvantage. And in the regular season it can be how it normally is where it becomes simple FA pickups for the week until waivers start again after games have been played.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harold i see you as a level headed guy and i know you are in the same age group

i must admit im surprised that you would make an assumption on what Joe may or may not be allowed to do

trust me i have seen guys disciplined and suspended for being on smart phones during the time we should be delivering.....

Barilko, pretty sure being on your smart phone is frowned upon whatever your job, unless it’s job related. Nobody can in good faith say it’s harder for them then the others in the league, because nobody really can know that is the case.

Barilko

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barilko, pretty sure being on your smart phone is frowned upon whatever your job, unless it’s job related. Nobody can in good faith say it’s harder for them then the others in the league, because nobody really can know that is the case.
well i cant argue that

except

driving and smartphone no thanks

and walking as a postie in public

well

thats a little different than hiding at a desk

anyhow......

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well i cant argue that

except

driving and smartphone no thanks

and walking as a postie in public

well

thats a little different than hiding at a desk

anyhow......

Who is hiding at a desk?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its gotta be harder for a lot of than it is me. So long as the owner of the company isn't on site, I've got preety free reign in the field.. So as long I'm ahead of schedule, I'll bust that sucker out all day ling

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know its gotta be harder for a lot of than it is me. So long as the owner of the company isn't on site, I've got preety free reign in the field.. So as long I'm ahead of schedule, I'll bust that sucker out all day ling
And if your behind schedule or the boss is on site and bending your ear? You might miss out on breaking news.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Slowly raises hand while looking for boss
Probably harder avoiding bosses indoor vs being away from said building, don't you think? I work in a warehouse with at least a half a dozen individuals who consider themselves chiefs.
Just don't think anyone should vote on a assumsion that others have it easier, given the fact they actually have no idea if that is valid.