• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

D1 Waiver/Free agency period during off-season poll

Draft to Draft free agency window

• Total voters

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe make a HFA clause... HFA meaning Hot Free agent... if a free agents role changes before the draft and is seen to now be a potential Fantasy starter, then that player CANNOT be taken in the off season free agency...

the rule could be amended for agreement...

I just don't want significant players to be taken in this Free agency... I don't think it is the purpose...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Free Agency during the offseason. Prior to the draft.

If there ever was a reason, it was Bandit taking over a team that was sabotaged strategically. And that was shot down.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If changed, Any playoff team should be excluded from participation in the FA offseason dealy imo.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'd be Riddick.

Or a coin flip between the defenses. Or Mitch.

Anybody want one of those three?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On fantrax, you can just limit (or not limit) each individual teams' abilities. Would just have to leave their ability to "add/claim" unmarked
Wow. That's pretty awesome. It's a decent option to help competitive balance.

I should prolly check the stuff a commissioner can do on Fantrax. Since Im a commissioner on Fantrax.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, this discussion has gotten completely freaking crazy at this point. So Milk wants a "hot free agent" which I'm only guessing we would have to vote on to see if they qualify, so that would be fun with every free agent. And now we might open this up to non-playoff teams because for some reason because teams were good enough to be in the playoffs they shouldn't be able to improve their teams in the off-season. You guys have officially gone off the deep end. I'm just changing my vote to no if this is the crazy shit we're coming up with.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, this discussion has gotten completely freaking crazy at this point. So Milk wants a "hot free agent" which I'm only guessing we would have to vote on to see if they qualify, so that would be fun with every free agent. And now we might open this up to non-playoff teams because for some reason because teams were good enough to be in the playoffs they shouldn't be able to improve their teams in the off-season. You guys have officially gone off the deep end. I'm just changing my vote to no if this is the crazy shit we're coming up with.
As usual you vote on something simple, then others start up with a bunch of twists that just derail the original idea so the vote goes no, because it becomes apparent that the discussion is entering the twilight zone. Then they wonder why change never happens.:gaah:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh crap..well, for me, I was just saying it was possible, not that we should do it

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get the worrying about someone like Lynch unretiring. Besides Lynch name another example. It just doesn’t happen. Besides Lynch really wasn’t all that last year .....was he?

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t get the worrying about someone like Lynch unretiring. Besides Lynch name another example. It just doesn’t happen. Besides Lynch really wasn’t all that last year .....was he?
As a Raider fan, no, no he wasnt

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

obxyankeefan

Hoopla Cash
$ 63,137.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now my vote is a no. Mainly for the Lynch reason, but also because of the strategy involved.

I would be open to changing my vote if it was a WW thing to fix trades.

Or another option is doing away with the keeping a complete lineup between the end of the season and the end of the draft. But with more of a penalty for after the draft.