• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could OU become Bama's 2010 Michigan St?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not saying it will happen because OU has been there, done that and has tradition. I think OU has to much pride to let an SEC team, after Stoops has insulted the league on several occasions, totally destroy them. (Oops, I guess A&M did last year.) On the other hand I look at the talent and it's not even close. Could this be total domination like when the SEC 5th team Bama exercised on co-Big Champ Michigan St in 2010 Capital One Bowl?

If Bama comes to play and prove something like 2010, and not going through the motions, from losing out on NC like 2008, this could get real ugly. I realize games are not played on paper but Alabama is bigger, stronger and faster. I am looking forward to this game, if nothing else, because Alabama is across one jersey and OU is across the other. That is a hell of a lot of tradition!

What do OU fans think? Bama fans? Others? :suds:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is OU posters aren't jumping on avatar bets to begin with, much less unless they get a ton of points. Not sure I understand that? If I give an OU poster 15 points and Bama wins by 14, I have to carry an OU avatar like a badge of shame BUT Alabama won? :doh: Make sense to you? This is OU right? Pride! Tradition! Championships!

If roles were reversed I would NEVER ask for points. OU sure as hell had a huge advantage in early 2000's in H&H series while they were #1 and Alabama had about 65 scholarship players from probation YET played them toe to toe and had very good chance to win late in the game! I would of worn an OU avatar and felt much better about that then wearing my own although we lost. :scratch:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My personal prediction:

Alabama 34
OU 17

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even sure what OU is good at? Call it ignorance because I'm not trying to be a smartass. They were just a very quiet 10-2 team. All you heard was how bad they were but 10-2 and win over their rival at OSU? Can they run against Bama? Will they be able to pass on them? Consistently? Will Bama be able to just man handle them? With their talent be too much? Will Bama be flat like 2008 Utah? They already have injuries and players suspended for game. Bama's been vulnerable too the pass with early season losses of Vinnie Sunseri and Nick Perry. Clinton Dix has been banged up a lot. Having to shift players from their natural position. Starting guard Anthony Steen is out. Often used DL Ed Stinson suspended for team rules. Lots of questions...

I'm not seeing any threads or talk on this game yet too traditional powerhouses? :noidea:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...two(not too) traditional powers

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why did that go to the toilet bowl - am I missing something?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stuck in here so i thought i would start a thread on the game! OU fans do not seem to confident in this game. :whistle:

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm stuck in here so i thought i would start a thread on the game! OU fans do not seem to confident in this game. :whistle:

Oh, are you banned or suspended from the other forums?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be a yes. I was a bad boy and didn't let people walk on me so the west coast bias won out! They can't seem to win on the field though. :laugh3: I have to say I'm kidding or they will take it personally. :rollseyes:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my notorious post that got me put in here. Now remember after i made this WizardHawk went on and on and on about Team SEC, homer, troll, called me names, got personal yet he was pulling for Team PAC which he went on and on about did not exist. I would only reply to his rhetoric mumbo jumbo. So ready for my bad post in a PAC game thread that gets you in here?

Who knows who will win this game but the PAC has one easy ass bowl schedule set up for them.

There it is. They will say I was on their radar because I challenge people when those posters basically lie.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Just realized what you were actually asking. I don't know? Been in here a week. The worst troll ever was in here for that time then got out but he's got connections and is from the west so who knows? :noidea:

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think we have that good of a team this year. I think 10-2 is deceptive. Hell, I'm not sure we know who our QB will even be for the Alabama game and that will make a world of difference in how our offense plays.

Alabama shouldn't have any problem with this game. I know Saban pulls back the reigns when a game is in hand so I don't think the score will be outrageous.

But you can never tell when it comes to Bowl Games. Which teams want to be there, what's gone on in the down time and the holidays, which guys broke up with their girlfriends and all that other stuff. You never know if a team is ready to show up and play. I've seen all the bowl games so far, and most teams look like they don't give a shit.

There's also the NFL factor. You know, the guys that are entering the draft. It's more important for them to get thru the game healthy than it is to win it. Alabama has more of this than Oklahoma does.

In the end.
Alabama = 31
Oklahoma=21

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama could come in flat. It's happened a few times this season.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think both posts are right on. I have to figure if an OU fan isn't sure what they'll get it's ok for me not to know either. Maybe that's my intrigue with this game besides Alabama is in it. I still like playing a traditional power. That might help Bama not come in flat. Many intangibles with this game.

outofyourmind

Oklahoma Sooners
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me this game is a win/win no matter the outcome.
Oklahoma win, great, didn't expect it.
Oklahoma close hard fought loss, great, maybe things are shaping up.
Oklahoma gets blown out, great, maybe it will light a fire under Bob's ass and get back to work, something that I think has been lacking for a few years now.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For me this game is a win/win no matter the outcome.
Oklahoma win, great, didn't expect it.
Oklahoma close hard fought loss, great, maybe things are shaping up.
Oklahoma gets blown out, great, maybe it will light a fire under Bob's ass and get back to work, something that I think has been lacking for a few years now.

Now that's being optimistic! :suds:

bamafan4evr12

Rising Tide
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it could be like MSU 2010, especially given the way we lost to our rivals at the last second. At the same time I could see us coming out flat not playing in the BCS NCG (while our rival is) and OU playing in another BCS bowl might be a bit of surprise to them and they'll be fired up. I thought Bama would pull away in the second half against Auburn so don't put any faith in my pick. But I'll say....

OU 17
Bama 37

BubbaGump

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Oklahoma be Bama's Utah? I understand what you are saying, but they play the games for a reason!

My heart says OU 24 Bama 21
My head says Bama 34 OU 17

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could Oklahoma be Bama's Utah? I understand what you are saying, but they play the games for a reason!

My heart says OU 24 Bama 21
My head says Bama 34 OU 17

I agree and although I didn't flat out say it that's the other side of the coin. Lots of side stories in this one!