• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Could MM be gone soon?

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read that too. They know each other well and if MM really believes Ball is hindering player acquisition I could see it.

RP-29

xⁿ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Packers falter again, who's left to take the blame? McCarthy. It's a simple process of elimination until all of the pieces are inevitably gone.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Ball is the one with the tight wallet, I'm not sure I want him as GM.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many directions to go here, where the hell do I start?

I'm good with the GM switch, although I was a little surprised. I liked TT because of his steady hand, although with the way the salary cap has been increasing the last 5 or so years I agree he's been a little tight fisted when it comes to the FA market.

I like the idea of a young mind, either Gutekunst or Wolf, and I won't pretend to know which is better suited for the role. We were going to lose one or both of them eventually anyway, although I will say I'm preferential to that Wolf name.

As far as MM, I've been a fan of his since he and TT got that piece of crap 2005 team to 8-8 in 2006 and won a Super Bowl, etc etc. Sometimes coaches become stale but I think McCarthy has always done a great job of reading the locker room and adjusting accordingly.

All I can do is see what happens.

rtfgbfan

Hoopla Cash
$ 700.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt there's anything to the story. If MM would quit if Ball got the job, Ball won't get the job. There's no way they'd risk having him quit.

I agree, especially for a salary cap guy. We'd be the Jets when they hired Tannenbaum to the GM role.

Mack

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So many directions to go here, where the hell do I start?

I'm good with the GM switch, although I was a little surprised. I liked TT because of his steady hand, although with the way the salary cap has been increasing the last 5 or so years I agree he's been a little tight fisted when it comes to the FA market.

I like the idea of a young mind, either Gutekunst or Wolf, and I won't pretend to know which is better suited for the role. We were going to lose one or both of them eventually anyway, although I will say I'm preferential to that Wolf name.

As far as MM, I've been a fan of his since he and TT got that piece of crap 2005 team to 8-8 in 2006 and won a Super Bowl, etc etc. Sometimes coaches become stale but I think McCarthy has always done a great job of reading the locker room and adjusting accordingly.

All I can do is see what happens.

I will say I think MM is predictable which makes it easier for defenses to game plan him. If you have the horses, then predictable isn’t as bad. The defenses have to stop you. I also believe MM hurt his credibility this year sticking with Huntley even when he was horrible and everybody and their grandmother could see it. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and admit your mistakes for the good of the team.

I have a feeling that MM will need to at least make it to the Super Bowl next season to stay in GB.

SeizeTheCarp

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will say I think MM is predictable which makes it easier for defenses to game plan him. If you have the horses, then predictable isn’t as bad. The defenses have to stop you. I also believe MM hurt his credibility this year sticking with Huntley even when he was horrible and everybody and their grandmother could see it. Sometimes you have to swallow your pride and admit your mistakes for the good of the team.

I have a feeling that MM will need to at least make it to the Super Bowl next season to stay in GB.
IMO, Hundley has all the physical tools to be a successful starting QB in the league. What he is lacking is the ability to read defensive adjustments and make decisions accordingly. The best way to resolve that issue is by playing meaningful snaps.

By playing Hundley most of the last two games meant one of two things for the Packers. Either 1) Hundley would continue to struggle and improve the Packers' draft position, or 2) He would show notable progress which would make him a valuable trade commodity. Either outcome would help the Packers in the long run, and what do you really gain by giving Callahan all those snaps? Probably not enough to prove himself as the front-runner for the #2 QB spot next year.