• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cooks trade to Rams

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Patriots have traded Brandin Cooks to the Rams for a 1st and a 4th round picks in this year's draft. The Rams are out of the OBJ rumors. OBJ is demanding a minimum of $18M/year contract. Glad we don't want that headache!

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats are unfair. They got a year of Cooks @ ~$1.5M for basically nothing.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked the Rams gave up a 1st (and 4th) for Cooks ... kudo's to the Pats who just know how to play the game. Rams obviously going for the gusto ... dream team 2? lol

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All they need is Nmamdi Asomugha to complete this dream team! I hear he is eating lunch in his car as we speak.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Pats are unfair. They got a year of Cooks @ ~$1.5M for basically nothing.
Moved up 9 spots in the draft and got him for a year. Rams are dumb.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moved up 9 spots in the draft and got him for a year. Rams are dumb.
The trade charts are mixed, which is why I said "basically". Moving up 9 spots isn't accurate as there is a a devaluation for the difference in draft years.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm shocked the Rams gave up a 1st (and 4th) for Cooks ... kudo's to the Pats who just know how to play the game. Rams obviously going for the gusto ... dream team 2? lol

Cooks is no OBJ. that's what I was concerned about if the Rams got him. Great deal for the patsies.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember all the years it was us lamenting we were not the ones to get such a receiver? Ahhhhhh

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We got Alshon, and a good "group" of WR's that play very well as a team. I cannot wait to see if Alshon plays even better this year getting past his shoulder injury. Thank goodness Algholor turned out to be so good AND such a team player. We got a good journeyman replacement for Smith and I love how physical Hollins plays. I think we are great at WR. The only receiving issue we are missing - which is a "HUGE" missing piece, imho, is Burton. We desperately need to get a 2nd physical receiving TE. And even a great rookie, is going to take a little time to get up to speed. We need a quality rookie AND a vet, imho. If ertz gets hurt - we are in huge trouble right now. TE's were used a lot, and helped this OL tremendously as well. But overall, we are still very much built to compete again this year.

The Rams are definitely going for broke. I'm far more afraid of them this year than last as a challenger. And I want some payback for hurting Wentz!!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The trade charts are mixed, which is why I said "basically". Moving up 9 spots isn't accurate as there is a a devaluation for the difference in draft years.
While that's true in trade value theory's narrow definition of pick value, the Patriots actually had a 32nd pick value player for a year in addition to the 23rd pick value player this year.

The devaluation of picks over time is due to not getting any immediate utility when acquiring a future pick.

So the Patriots didn't just trade the 32nd for the 23rd a year later. They got utility out of that 32nd pick as well.

LegoDoom

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While that's true in trade value theory's narrow definition of pick value, the Patriots actually had a 32nd pick value player for a year in addition to the 23rd pick value player this year.

The devaluation of picks over time is due to not getting any immediate utility when acquiring a future pick.

So the Patriots didn't just trade the 32nd for the 23rd a year later. They got utility out of that 32nd pick as well.
Dude, what are you talking about? I specifically said they gave up basically nothing for a year of Cooks. However, they didn't move up 9 spots and get Cooks. They made an neutral trade per draft charts (#32 last year for #23 this year and other parts) and got Cooks. Which is what I said.