• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ain't no party like a Burke GIF party

tumblr_lt548aDWrh1qal153.gif

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching the JT presser. Not gonna lie, I am tearing up. Could we finally after 51 years be finally getting close?

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
AM34 is our second line C, Kadri is our third line C.
The line combinations that could be rolled out are mind boggling. If one of the kids has a breakout year look out.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Watching the JT presser. Not gonna lie, I am tearing up. Could we finally after 51 years be finally getting close?

yes, yes you are.
the bad thing about that from my perspective, the leafs aren't even a detestable team anymore.
i could never have pictured myself cheering for the leafs in a playoff series, but there are a bunch of teams I'd choose them over.

stolen from the tweets (JPat probably) ... there are 8 centres that have 30+ goals in each of the past two seasons Leafs have 3 of them.

now you just need to go all in on Tanev.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Matt Martin seems to fit the off-season direction you guys are headed. But that isn’t enough. Will throw in Jeremy Bracco to make it fair. :thumb:

Man, I'm thinking the Canucks are going to offer Colton Orr a PTO.

:behindsofa:

mattola

Scotchy Scotch Scotch!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, yes you are.
the bad thing about that from my perspective, the leafs aren't even a detestable team anymore.
i could never have pictured myself cheering for the leafs in a playoff series, but there are a bunch of teams I'd choose them over.

stolen from the tweets (JPat probably) ... there are 8 centres that have 30+ goals in each of the past two seasons Leafs have 3 of them.

now you just need to go all in on Tanev.

What he said. I won't be rooting against them like i used too

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is notable to me because it reminded me of Christian Hanson's existence and also Phil Kessel had (has?) a goldendoodle whom he discussed his good or bad play with and also may have been responsible for the Boston Collapse by leaving the room.

For Toronto | By Tyler Bozak

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is notable to me because it reminded me of Christian Hanson's existence and also Phil Kessel had (has?) a goldendoodle whom he discussed his good or bad play with and also may have been responsible for the Boston Collapse by leaving the room.

For Toronto | By Tyler Bozak

Very nice, thanks for posting the link.

Did not recall the G-Man story. That is what its all about.

(and winning the Cup)

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving this to the proper thread

IMO, what the Leafs should have learned the last couple of playoffs is that their D-corps is marshmallow soft. They continually lost the puck battles in their own end and still struggle moving the puck out. A strong forecheck and they are in big trouble.

Is that better then saying they "Aren't tough enough"?

Not sure they will go out and get D from outside the organization. If they look internal, I think guys like Dermott, Borgman and Nielsen have it in them to fill this role.

If they can play tougher and more effective D in their own end, they should be a Cup favorite. And this is a part of Tavares' game that will really pay dividends for TOR. He truly has a strong 200 foot game, Matthews is getting there but having JT around to teach by example is going to be huge. If some of that can rub off on guys like Nylander, even better.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Moving this to the proper thread

IMO, what the Leafs should have learned the last couple of playoffs is that their D-corps is marshmallow soft. They continually lost the puck battles in their own end and still struggle moving the puck out. A strong forecheck and they are in big trouble.

Is that better then saying they "Aren't tough enough"?

Not sure they will go out and get D from outside the organization. If they look internal, I think guys like Dermott, Borgman and Nielsen have it in them to fill this role.

If they can play tougher and more effective D in their own end, they should be a Cup favorite. And this is a part of Tavares' game that will really pay dividends for TOR. He truly has a strong 200 foot game, Matthews is getting there but having JT around to teach by example is going to be huge. If some of that can rub off on guys like Nylander, even better.
Leaf leaders in turnover differential last season were Polak, Hainsey and Gardiner. Those first two were there for their “physical presence” and “ability to get the puck back”, and were Babcock faves. Neither attribute was necessarily true of either player.

With Gardiner, yeah, the turnovers are fucking mind-boggling sometimes but at least you get 50 pts out of it. The trick is only having one turnover machine (and making sure that one turnover machine rewards your patience in other ways) rather than literally half your blue line making a habit of gifting the puck to the opposition.

Dermott might be very good, but he’s still very young. Relying on Borglund isn’t going to get them far. I don’t really like Nielsen from what little I’ve seen and read. Have a feeling he’s headed down Stuart Percy Lane.

Which is all to say I think the Leafs’ blue line answer has to come from outside somehow.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leaf leaders in turnover differential last season were Polak, Hainsey and Gardiner. Those first two were there for their “physical presence” and “ability to get the puck back”, and were Babcock faves. Neither attribute was necessarily true of either player.

With Gardiner, yeah, the turnovers are fucking mind-boggling sometimes but at least you get 50 pts out of it. The trick is only having one turnover machine (and making sure that one turnover machine rewards your patience in other ways) rather than literally half your blue line making a habit of gifting the puck to the opposition.

Dermott might be very good, but he’s still very young. Relying on Borglund isn’t going to get them far. I don’t really like Nielsen from what little I’ve seen and read. Have a feeling he’s headed down Stuart Percy Lane.

Which is all to say I think the Leafs’ blue line answer has to come from outside somehow.

You don't know how to project like a casual Leaf fan. Every D on the Marlies is exactly the type of guy that the Leafs need and shouldn't be playing Gardiner over :wink:

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WHY DID THEY SEND JUSTIN HOLL BACK?!

I've heard that he's a big banger who will make forwards pay. I don't know why the people that actually watch the Marlies think that he's a puck mover but they need to start listening to these guys.