• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Comedy Platinum out of Toronto - "Canada's Team" quest for the Cup

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love him as Matthews' winger.

I think he's left a lot to be desired when he's been apart from Matthews.

I think he's dominated and controlled the puck in multiple games while playing centre, even if he not scoring goals. You don't think so?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he's dominated and controlled the puck in multiple games while playing centre, even if he not scoring goals. You don't think so?
In a few games. He was brutal against Pittsburgh and TB. He was better against Buffalo and Florida.

Two of those games tell me much more than the other two.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a few games. He was brutal against Pittsburgh and TB. He was better against Buffalo and Florida.

Two of those games tell me much more than the other two.

If having trouble with Tampa and Boston in single games is all it takes to write a guy off as a centre there might only be 5 guys in the whole league left playing the position.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If having trouble with Tampa and Boston in single games is all it takes to write a guy off as a centre there might only be 5 guys in the whole league left playing the position.
I don’t think leaving a lot to be desired against those teams is the equivalent of writing him off. The only games fresh in my mind where he played C was the last few and those just happened to be the teams he played, along with the two other bad teams.

Just working with what I’ve been given :yo:

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who was the better deadline pickup, Brian "No Goals" Boyle16-17 or Plekanec 17-18?

Or should we just take Lou's phone away from him in February?
I guess it's divine justice that they gave away two 2nd rounders for Boyle and Plekanec after getting two 2nd rounders from SJ for Roman Polak lol

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t think leaving a lot to be desired against those teams is the equivalent of writing him off. The only games fresh in my mind where he played C was the last few and those just happened to be the teams he played, along with the two other bad teams.

Just working with what I’ve been given :yo:

Right I get that. But I think it's also worth considering that the role he'd theoretically be playing next year (sheltered 3rd line centre) is also not really the role he's been playing in that small sample.

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right I get that. But I think it's also worth considering that the role he'd theoretically be playing next year (sheltered 3rd line centre) is also not really the role he's been playing in that small sample.

What's the going rate for a sheltered 3rd line centre? Kinda concerned from a Cap perspective that his RFA contract might not match up with that role. :noidea:

sbb122

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the Habs. They fucking fleeced us on Plekanec.

Pens fan chiming in to remind everyone that the Leafs fleeced Pittsburgh on Alexei Ponifuckingkarovsky.

/Fleeced is too strong of a word since PGH gave up jackshit to get him, but i always was a fan of his, but my God he was terrible in Pittsburgh.

DragonfromTO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What's the going rate for a sheltered 3rd line centre? Kinda concerned from a Cap perspective that his RFA contract might not match up with that role. :noidea:

Sheltered 3rd line centre is not his upside though, it's just a starting point. And that's just describing his usage anyway, not his production.

Who have you got as the 3rd centre next year if not Nylander?

BGDave

Grumpy Old Man
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sheltered 3rd line centre is not his upside though, it's just a starting point. And that's just describing his usage anyway, not his production.

Who have you got as the 3rd centre next year if not Nylander?

In my Pollyanna world, it is Kadri because we sign John T :D

I see your point, but does it make sense to pay Nylander $6-7M if that is his role? Developmental centre? If that was the plan, it would have been better cap management to put him at C for the last two years and develop him at a reasonable cost.

But it does make sense, given the relative depth of the current players in the organization