• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colts fans talking about Free Agency...

MrNLM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets discuss what positions need to be addressed and what Free Agents we would like to address them.

If you want to throw in some names from the draft that is fine but, I am just gonna stick to the FA.

Positions that I think we need to address:

• Center
  • Nose Tackle
  • Safety
  • Right Guard
  • Inside Linebacker
  • Wide Receiver

My Position Possibilities:

Brian De La Puente - Center - I don't see the Browns letting go of Mack so... out of the two that remain... De La Puente is the guy I want. If he can help Brees break records by keeping him upright then that is good enough for me. If Mack were available for some reason then I would choose him for his small bit of familiarity with TRich.

Linval Joseph - Nose Tackle - He is young, productive,and ready for a payday. Its known he would like to stay with the Giants, though. If we go after him... THATS GREAT! A nice alternative would be Randy Starks. He can also play defensive end. I like that he can do both and I am certain he would like to move on from Miami.

Jairus Byrd - Safety - He is ready to get out of town and has shown to be productive. I feel like the chances are slim here but, I give it an edge over others like T.J. Ward due to the fact that Byrd is not playing nice with the Bills. I would be happy with Bernard Pollard as a consolation prize.

Jon Asamoah - Right Guard - Not a lot of YOUNG and talented RGs out there. Just so long as it is not Mike McGlynn(who showed well as a fill-in Center). I wouldn't mind seeing John Jerry as a fallback option.

Brandon Spikes - Inside Linebacker - He is young and a good run-stopper. Colts need players who can play out Pagano's mantra... Stop the run and run the ball. If he were to land elsewhere I would be OK with taking Karlos Dansby off the Cardinals hands.

Eric Decker - Wide Reciever - Peyton needs to share his toys. Decker is young, tall, and ready to stand out. With Decker and Hilton on the field together... who cares who is WR1. Fallback options for me would be Hakeem Nicks or Kenny Britt. They are both young, tall, would come cheaper, and both have potential if they get their heads out of their asses.

Also, Cornerback is a need that has to be addressed. Vontae better be coming back! Toler can get out of town with his injury history. I doubt the Colts would want another pricey CB but if they did... Alteraun Verner would be nice. Fallback option would be Mike Jenkins just because he has been mentioned as a suitor in the past.

Feel free to add what you think the Colts need and who it should be to fill those needs.