• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Colin Cowherd makes his CFP predictions

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, I do not see anyone in the East that will give Georgia and real trouble with the exception of maybe Florida. The reason I mention Florida is because first, it is a rivalry game (the Oklahoma and Texas game is almost always interesting no matter where the teams are ranked and this seems to hold true for the Georgia/Florida game) and second it will depend on how ready Mullen gets Florida in his first year there. Auburn may give Georgia some trouble (Alabama too) but, Auburn is in the West.

Frankly, I think Alabama may have to watch out for a possible trap game against Mississippi State but, otherwise I agree with your assessment of their schedule. I do not think Jimbo Fisher is going to have A&M up and running at an SEC West competitive level in his first year.

So you actually just agreed with me...Auburn is indeed in the West, but SEC games are SEC games and West games count in the East standings. If they lose to Florida and Auburn and Florida beats Georgia, there is a good chance that Florida wins the East. Georgia also plays Mississippi State right before the Tennessee game, if you think it's a trap game for us after LSU, isn't it one for them before Tennessee?

I'm also not saying I don't think Georgia wins the East...I just don't think it's guaranteed. nor is it for us, I just think we have a better shot based on schedule than Georgia.

Bedlam131

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you actually just agreed with me...Auburn is indeed in the West, but SEC games are SEC games and West games count in the East standings. If they lose to Florida and Auburn and Florida beats Georgia, there is a good chance that Florida wins the East. Georgia also plays Mississippi State right before the Tennessee game, if you think it's a trap game for us after LSU, isn't it one for them before Tennessee?

Fair enough, I had an incorrect understanding of how the SEC scored their standings within the conference.

I'm also not saying I don't think Georgia wins the East...I just don't think it's guaranteed. nor is it for us, I just think we have a better shot based on schedule than Georgia

Now that I understand the standings better, it would seem that you and I do agree. :suds: