• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Coach moorhead

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Coach Moorhead is a serious candidate for the HC vacancy at Mississippi State. It looks like he’s one of their top choices so it wouldn’t be surprising to see him leave at this point, which obviously sucks. If he does leave who does the staff go after as the new OC? Hopefully if he does leave they can make a good hire because Moorhead has really been the catalyst behind this great offense.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears that Coach Moorhead is a serious candidate for the HC vacancy at Mississippi State. It looks like he’s one of their top choices so it wouldn’t be surprising to see him leave at this point, which obviously sucks. If he does leave who does the staff go after as the new OC? Hopefully if he does leave they can make a good hire because Moorhead has really been the catalyst behind this great offense.

I saw this and feared for this day. Hope he turns them down. Maybe we can spread the rumor every coach at PSU before Sandusky or after knew of his behavior. :dhd: Seriously if he ever hires Moorehead would be getting 1 hell of a coach. No clue who we should replace him with.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well fuck he signed as their coach. I wish him the very best except in recruiting the guys we want.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is their a chance QB Stevens leaves with Moorehead to Miss St?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured he'd stay one more year then jump, but so many high profile jobs opened this year, he was bound to get some serious offers at solid programs. Happy for JoMo, he turned our offense around, groomed Rahne for 2 years, if that's indeed who gets the job (he'd be my odds on favorite to land it now, and made PSU football fun to watch again.

If its not Rahne, i think its fordham coach Andrew Breiner, who was JoMo OC there and replaced him as HC....he has PA roots as well.

is there a chance Stevens leaves? i suppose, but does he want to go to MSU and they have a very good dual threat guy who fits JoMo offense there already.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Although I like the job Moorehead did you have to factor in the talent he had also. I think he is replaceable. If Franklin is successful this won't be the last time. (Actually I think it is the second time) he will see an assistant move to a HC job. His job now is to find a good replacement. Tons of people run a RO offense.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Figured he'd stay one more year then jump, but so many high profile jobs opened this year, he was bound to get some serious offers at solid programs. Happy for JoMo, he turned our offense around, groomed Rahne for 2 years, if that's indeed who gets the job (he'd be my odds on favorite to land it now, and made PSU football fun to watch again.

If its not Rahne, i think its fordham coach Andrew Breiner, who was JoMo OC there and replaced him as HC....he has PA roots as well.

is there a chance Stevens leaves? i suppose, but does he want to go to MSU and they have a very good dual threat guy who fits JoMo offense there already.

Stevens might choose another school. Michigan has lost 3 players so far to transfer.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stevens might choose another school. Michigan has lost 3 players so far to transfer.

I think stevens sticks around. He seems to really like PSU and willing to wait his turn. No inside info, just gut feeling.

As for next OC, sounds like Billy Napier picking up steam. Most of staff and our recruits along with some current players following him on twitter now

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lots of smoke around Rahne being promoted now.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of us promoting from within for coordinator level positions. I'd much rather we hire a proven entity given that we are back at the top again. I'd rather see us start acting like Alabama and Ohio State who routinely go out and hire proven coordinator and/or former head coaches to be our coordinators.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not a fan of us promoting from within for coordinator level positions. I'd much rather we hire a proven entity given that we are back at the top again. I'd rather see us start acting like Alabama and Ohio State who routinely go out and hire proven coordinator and/or former head coaches to be our coordinators.

Arguably urban's best OC was a promotion from within, Dan Mullen. Rahne is an excellent coach and if JFF thinks he's ready, I'm good with it. Rahne seems very popular among the players and recruits.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Arguably urban's best OC was a promotion from within, Dan Mullen. Rahne is an excellent coach and if JFF thinks he's ready, I'm good with it. Rahne seems very popular among the players and recruits.

Hear Charles Huff is following Moorhead to Miss st as his co-offensive coordinator.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hear Charles Huff is following Moorhead to Miss st as his co-offensive coordinator.

Yeah, not sure what that job will really cover, Moorhead will probably call his own plays. Guessing he gets a raise along with the title though. Good for him

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, not sure what that job will really cover, Moorhead will probably call his own plays. Guessing he gets a raise along with the title though. Good for him

Got a few holes to fill. Does any of these departures effect any recruit and how we looking on the remaining stud recruits (think Enis, Walker and defensive guys)?

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got a few holes to fill. Does any of these departures effect any recruit and how we looking on the remaining stud recruits (think Enis, Walker and defensive guys)?

Only one i was remotely worried about was Slade and he's already said he's 100% in and its not changing. He nad Huff were close. This staff recruits as a staff and doesn't stress a one on one relationship with a particular recruiter. The kids get to know the entire staff and choose them as a whole. Also has no baring on remaining guys as they are all defensive or have position coaches that are still there. We have so many excellent recruiters, they can weather guys leaving. I know Moorhead offered 3 others, but only Huff chose to follow.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Franklin will hire Tyler Bowen, current OL coach at Maryland, as TE coach. He worked under moorhead, knows our offense and is a very good recruiter. As a bonus, its an extra kick in nuts to Terps as he is an alum there.

He's also lead recruiter and very well liked by Rasheed Walker and Jaylen duncan

Here's his bio

Tyler Bowen Bio

thehobocop

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now Pry is being mentioned as a top candidate for the job at ULL. Would really suck to lose him after we already lost Moorhead and Huff.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pry has been mentioned as a leading candidate for an HC job every year he's been here