• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Clippers coach Doc Rivers says players were angered,distracted by Donald Sterling ordeal

Sportsguy9695

Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 14,143.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Los Angeles Clippers coach Doc Rivers said the team was distracted and angered by the racist comments made by owner Donald Sterling.

"This was a distraction," Rivers said in an interview Sunday with ESPN's Michael Wilbon. "In our first meeting after the tapes came out and we had a meeting before practice, and when I walked in that room and looked at [the players'] faces, it was bothering them. They were angry. They wanted to DO something.

"As a coach, I had to think about it. I'm not going to kid you. I walked out with my gear on, because I needed the players to see me with the gear on, but it wasn't easy to do it on that day. Because at that moment, at that time, you're representing something else, and you didn't want to and that was hard."

Source: ESPN LA

RickRude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That explains a lot. I was wondering if the distraction was going to derail the Clippers. I was hoping it wouldn't but it did.

There is two things the NBA wanted:

1. To send a stern warning to the Sterlings while letting possible future owners know that the Clippers are available for pennies on the dollar.

2. Advance the MVP,Kevin Durant,to the WCF. It would look bad if the MVP's team go eliminated.