• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cingrani wins in debut

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cingrani got his first ML win tonight.:yahoo:
It did take him 102 pitches to get through 5 frames and he did issue 3 free passes and give up 1 HR, but he brought his strikeouts with him from the minors as he fanned 8.

His next start should be Tuesday vs the Cubs followed by an afternoon game at Washington. Couldn't ask for better opponents for his first two games and a great park for his third. If he does in the next two games what he did in his first and Leake springs a leak, he could win himself a permanent rotation spot.

I just hope Dusty Baker doesn't break his new toy

redsfan03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cingrani thrived when he got himself in jams. He showed a lot of poise making his first career start. I think he relied too much on his fastball (seemed like 95% of his pitches were fastballs), but he did well with his locations with the exception of the home run. Ultimately, I think he needs to develop that slider to compliment his fastball, but it was a great start for him and just a great game in general.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be the fastball was what was being called from the bench.
The versatility of the bullpen behind him ought to be a confidence booster. Plus scoring runs is always a nice way to start.

Reverend Jim

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,275.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cingrani thrived when he got himself in jams. He showed a lot of poise making his first career start.

He was like that in the minors as well. I'm looking forward to his next start.

Beggs

Nipples of a God
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
82 fastballs, 8 changeup, and 11 sliders

tlakes20

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man the Marlins are bad. I feel bad for their fans, their owner makes Mike Brown look like Jesus. I'd be mad though too if my owner said he would increase payroll in exchange for a new stadium funded through public tax dollars and then just dumps all the salaries the year after he gets what he wants. What a scum, shows how much he cares about his people. Reds are lucky to have the ownership group they have now and we should be very appreciative of that as fans, I know I am.

Any who, can't really complain about tonight's game. I love Shin Soo Choo, he's been the key pickup for them this year and it's showing. The offense looks better with him in there starting things off at the top. Frazier is making us forget about Rolen pretty quick, already got 5 homers. I heard people saying he was going to have a sophomore slump, certainly doesn't look like it right now.

As long as the pitching can stay healthy, I think the Reds are in good shape. Zingrani showed tonight he can be called upon when needed and LeCure is always there to make a start as well if needed.

Smoke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not putting too much stock into it. The Marlins are fucking horrid.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Marlins are bad. I like Fernandez mechanics and stuff better than Cingrani's, but Fernandez isn't going to win many getting 1 run and a couple of errors behind him.

Glad Cingrani won, his stats weren't shabby other than too many pitches... However, I suspect that his (too) high 91 mph cheese he was throwing to the Miami Minnows last night isn't going to work as well against real MLB hitters, especially when the scouting report is out...and it gets around faster than a Kardashian. Hopefully, Bryan Price can get him a better groundball pitch soon...I like the lefty in the rotation though.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose I could invoke my annual adage about beating bad baseball teams. Most of you know that.
Cingrani's biggest problem last night and was one that Homer Bailey endured for most of 2011, was his inability to get people out with his own stuff. That plays into the thinking about the Marlins.
Part of that was probably nerves, getting used to the mound, how to set up the hitters he has never really faced ... and maybe a little bit of the umpire not giving in.

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't argue with a "W" under any circumstances.

Any team hitting Placido Polanco in the cleanup spot is in deep doo-doo. I always liked Chris Valaika's makeup and wish him well, but he couldn't stick on the Reds 25 man roster, even with guys like Renteria and Rolen doing their Mendoza impersonation. He's got a starting gig right now with the Miami Minnows.

Anyway, if the Marlins really AREN'T a MLB team, that's Bud Selig's fault, not the Reds.

He doesn't look like much right now, but I'd take Stanton as a Reds leftfielder, if they are wanting to get rid of the rest of the MLB players for similar cheap "prospects" and old players to be released later like they are currently staffing the roster with....and we think Joey Votto isn't getting anything to hit...I'm shocked Stanton even gets a pitch close enough to swing at....maybe his .190 BA is evidence he doesn't ?

Ryanballa

Reds Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Marlins are horrible, but it was a good 1st start for Cingrani.He had a few innings where he was in trouble but he handled himself well and worked out of it.Congrats to Cingrani and hopefully this is the start of something great.

redlegs@hokies

Trout Fishing Aficionado
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perfect team to make your first start against. I'm not sure the marlins qualify as a aaaa team right now.