• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Cincinnatti Reds against Blue Dodgers

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Dodgers didn't win a single game last week. The number one culprit was obviously the slumping offense. Now, the team is in Cincinnati and just had a much-needed day off. Cincinnati is a disaster right now, and GABP is a hitter's haven. Is this the recipe for the team to get back on track?

Tuesday: Alex Wood versus John Lamb (rookie)
Wednesday: Brett Anderson versus David Holmberg (got rocked by Dodgers earlier in the season)
Thursday: Zack Greinke versus Anthony DeSclafani (gave up 2 home runs - including one to Grienke - earlier this year)

Alex Wood and Brett Anderson are both above-average groundball pitchers. That will be sorely needed in Cincy. Zack Greinke is just plain better than most pitchers so nothing really needs to be said there. Joc Pederson made this stadium like a launching pad in the Home Run Derby. The Dodgers' three starters are all more capable than what the Reds are throwing out there. Hopefully this series works out in reality as well as it looks like it should on paper.

duke1861

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope so, we need to get on a roll. We can't slump this late in the season. You can't slump at all in September. The teams that are the hottest going into the playoffs typically win.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There go the Dodgers with their hapless hitters.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers go for the sweep tomorrow. I hope Greinke goes all 9 innings or the offense pounds DeSclafani because the bullpen will be kind of thin. Don't be surprised by a Latos relief appearance.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dodgers go for the sweep tomorrow. I hope Greinke goes all 9 innings or the offense pounds DeSclafani because the bullpen will be kind of thin. Don't be surprised by a Latos relief appearance.

That would be a complete surprise, since Latos DIDN'T make the trip to Cincinnati !!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Much needed day off? They've had ten days off since the Allstar break. And three days off from the 17th to the 24th of this month.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they "need" the rest.
It worked, didn't it? It's not just about being physically tired. Getting a day off after an extremely painful sweep can't be a bad thing. Except in your world.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It worked, didn't it? It's not just about being physically tired. Getting a day off after an extremely painful sweep can't be a bad thing. Except in your world.

These are supposedly the best athletes baseball has to offer. The guys are tired or whatever is a poor excuse, they have maybe 4 at bats a game and maybe have to run a couple of those times, for the most part they stand around when they are in the field, with the exception of a few plays. They usually play late games and I'm sure they get their 8 hours of sleep.

These guys can "rest" all winter!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Extremely painful sweep? Not really, they were still in first and heading to Cincy. They lost to a good team. I think they are pros and can move on (which they did). That said, your logic fails when considering the recent Oakland series and the Houston series. They had days off before both series started.

Villain

#VillainYourFriend
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Extremely painful sweep? Not really, they were still in first and heading to Cincy. They lost to a good team. I think they are pros and can move on (which they did). That said, your logic fails when considering the recent Oakland series and the Houston series. They had days off before both series started.
I think you're making a way bigger deal out of that comment than is necessary. I said it was "much-needed" because of the way the Dodgers were swept. They were really painful losses in extra innings. Close games that could've been won. I know for me, if I'm playing games in my life where I feel like I let a win get away, it's a bummer and it can be difficult to shake it off. Having a day off to clear that out of your head can't be a bad thing, in my opinion. I wasn't talking about them being physically tired.

I mean, if you want to run into the ground that they're all millionaire crybabies and they should never take a break ever then fine. I don't really care. I also don't know why you care. I'm not interested in sabermetrically proving or disproving the necessity of a day off.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think you're making a way bigger deal out of that comment than is necessary. I said it was "much-needed" because of the way the Dodgers were swept. They were really painful losses in extra innings. Close games that could've been won. I know for me, if I'm playing games in my life where I feel like I let a win get away, it's a bummer and it can be difficult to shake it off. Having a day off to clear that out of your head can't be a bad thing, in my opinion. I wasn't talking about them being physically tired.

I mean, if you want to run into the ground that they're all millionaire crybabies and they should never take a break ever then fine. I don't really care. I also don't know why you care. I'm not interested in sabermetrically proving or disproving the necessity of a day off.

Lol, that's a good one! Yes you are, you are all about Sabermetrics!

lasportzphan

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Did I say anything about being million dollar cry babies? I don't care if the Dodgers spend $10 or 10 billion on payroll. I just want them to win a World Series.

Your narrative was weak, that's all.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did I say anything about being million dollar cry babies? I don't care if the Dodgers spend $10 or 10 billion on payroll. I just want them to win a World Series.

Your narrative was weak, that's all.

Alot of his comments are weak!