• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chiefs @ Bengals

NCBengal

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
did I really just watch that? Brandon Tate diving catch and have the presence of mind to get up and go into the end zone??? Wow.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
this is the most rigged piece of crap I've ever watched. Expect the Bengals to lose. So it is written.

redseat

Hoopla Cash
$ 943.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was not a fumble there. His elbow was down and the ball was still in his hands. But I guess the official didn't think it was 100% clear to overturn.

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Thank Gawd for replay. We're getting hosed

JBUCK66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
zebras cooking our mush. Never seen anything like it

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great win, and new Andy continues to play lights out.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice that we beat 4 AFC teams.... Every year when we start messing with the playoff machine on ESPN it seems like San Diego and KC are involved. These wins will be important for tie-breakers.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I logged into my phone at KI to see the score 14-9, then it updated to 14-12. when I log off the Bengals start kicking butt. so, you can thank my inattention for the win.

So did they carry Andy Dalton, or did he give us a little Cayenne Peppa?

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I logged into my phone at KI to see the score 14-9, then it updated to 14-12. when I log off the Bengals start kicking butt. so, you can thank my inattention for the win.

So did they carry Andy Dalton, or did he give us a little Cayenne Peppa?

Dalton was money. Passing, running, directing the offense. It's a little strange..... We're definitely overdue for a bad Andy showing.

BKBroiler9000

Glass Eater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here knows I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to this team. But I have to admit, I think this team is legit. The best Bengals team we've ever had quite possibly from top to bottom.

The defense is getting better and should get a boost if Burfict can come back and solidify the LB core. LBs are really the only weak position group on this team at the moment. Atkins is back to his old self, and MJ is starting to get it going. Only weakness is Peko (shocker) he's atrocious. We can't stop the run when he's in there.

The offense has been great so far. Efficient, aggressive, and creative. Dalton has been outstanding through 4 games. He's doing things I've never seen him do. He's aggressive, decisive and gets through his reads with precision and poise. He's making checks at the line and putting the offense in the right looks presnap. Very unexpected but a welcome surprise. Is it sustainable? Time will tell. With all the weapons around him, we could be in for a special season if everyone is healthy.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone here knows I'm a huge skeptic when it comes to this team. But I have to admit, I think this team is legit. The best Bengals team we've ever had quite possibly from top to bottom.

The defense is getting better and should get a boost if Burfict can come back and solidify the LB core. LBs are really the only weak position group on this team at the moment. Atkins is back to his old self, and MJ is starting to get it going. Only weakness is Peko (shocker) he's atrocious. We can't stop the run when he's in there.

The offense has been great so far. Efficient, aggressive, and creative. Dalton has been outstanding through 4 games. He's doing things I've never seen him do. He's aggressive, decisive and gets through his reads with precision and poise. He's making checks at the line and putting the offense in the right looks presnap. Very unexpected but a welcome surprise. Is it sustainable? Time will tell. With all the weapons around him, we could be in for a special season if everyone is healthy.

I can't remember another Bengal team with more talent. Our third running back and our forth receiver both made huge plays today in the offense. The level of talent on offense is absurd. Two terrific tackles, terrific receivers, one of the best running combos in the league and a tight end with ridiculous talent. Obviously all of this goes to shit if Dalton starts playing poorly, but for now it looks legit.

The defense bothers me a little at times.... Dominant line. Smart defensive backs. But it seems like a guy like Brady would just kill us with the intermediate stuff - Same way Flacco had success and same way Smith did today. Only difference is that Brady would finish drives with touchdowns. We have to figure that out.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been shocked with Andy's play so far this year. Offense seems to be running very well, and good to see Geno back. I'd echo what you all have said - we need Burfict back and to play like the Burfict of a couple years ago. Brady would eat us

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was floored to see the play where it was a piss poor snap, Dalton bobbles the ball on the ground, has the presence of mind to pick it up, with blitzers right in his face and just place the ball in the most perfect location to Green ON THE RUN 30 yards down field. Old Andy would have just dove on the football and waited for someone to tag him.

Then the pass to Tate for the TD. Andy Dalton flushed out of the pocket, hot pursuit on his ass, looking down field, and then throws a laser DURING A FLAT OUT SPRINT to the sidelines where only his guy could even make a play 50 yards in the air. I was like WTF?? Who is this guy?

Then how about the play where it is 3rd and 6, nobody open, pass rush closing in, Dalton taking off, putting his shoulder into a would be LB tackle, spins a little away from it, and falls forward for about a 10 yard gain. He gets up and shows some attitude with first down hand signal with a serious look on his face while looking at the Chiefs, or was it the Bengals sidelines? I thought it was the Chiefs but it might have been Bengals. Anyway, how about the cockiness and the attitude after a big time play?

Dalton is flashing some signs that he may have turned the corner this year. I will hold off anointing him anything until we see how he does in prime time games and the playoffs if we even make it there.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what was up with the lack of targets for Marvin Jones today? I thought against the wort pass d in the league he would get looks.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what was up with the lack of targets for Marvin Jones today? I thought against the wort pass d in the league he would get looks.

Marvin Jones fantasy stats have never been consistent. drop him.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He had a big gain bounce off his hands.... Only one football. Lots of good receivers.

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was pulled shortly after dropping a TD pass and committing a penalty right after that, from what I saw on the twitter feed from one of the media guys.

As for Dalton, easy to feel confident when you know you can check down from Green and know that you have outstanding options behind him. Health will be the key, as it is with almost all teams.

CrashDavisSports

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The play right before Tate had the 55 yard TD, Marvin Jones was thrown the ball that would have been a 50 yard catch or 55 yard TD, he let the ball bound off his shoulder pad. He basically accelerated too hard at the end, out ran the ball by just a touch and tried to reach back and make the catch off his back shoulder pad which he was unable to do. Then he had a penalty, so they benched him for a play in favor of Tate who then came in and caught a 55 yard TD pass from Dalton.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sometimes the game plan favors other players on the offense. did I just say that?

wow.

Brees#1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay. Thanks for clearing that up.