• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Check Point #1 - 2018 - OTA's

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Organized Team Activities start next week. These are this first organized meetings and workouts for what remains of the team that lost Super Bowl LII and the new additions during the FA period.

According to BST (Boston Sports Tonight) the first thing that will be done is each player will get a physical. That includes all of the players who finished last year on IR.

The second thing will be physical testing to see what kind of shape each player is in and then the training staff will start putting together individual plans to get player where they need to be by the second OTA's and Mini Camps after the draft.

The third thing will be individual and group workouts to get the the potential offense and defense together and begin communication drills as well as positioning drills.

Finally, film sessions on all of the teams that they will play in 2018. Everyone knows that the teams that they see are not the teams that they will face, but most teams stay with their own systems while the players changes, the system does not.

The media will be allowed to sit in and film most of the OTA's at Gillette so we should have some idea of the veterans look like.

Check Point #2 will be OTA's after the draft, the second week of May.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see Antonio Garcia and how he looks.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Going to be interesting to see Antonio Garcia and how he looks.
I agree, I have high hopes and low expectations as it relates to him.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I have high hopes and low expectations as it relates to him.

He was a polarizing player in the draft last year. Lots of rumors that he was hated by teammates and coaches. Something like he has gone through though I wonder if that helped remind him of what is important to him and maybe humbled him a bit. Lots of talent for sure, but he is going to be one of the more interesting pieces heading into this next season.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really would've been great to be able to go into this draft with some sort of comfort level in what Garcia and Rivers will be able to provide this year and how close we are to being able to cross LT and pass rusher off the needs list.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really would've been great to be able to go into this draft with some sort of comfort level in what Garcia and Rivers will be able to provide this year and how close we are to being able to cross LT and pass rusher off the needs list.
Not sure about first needs at LT but a need for sure.

Shoeshine Boy

Humble & Lovable
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they've got a bunch of guys who could potentially be the starter there next year...Waddle, Garcia, Croston, Tobin...the perfect scenario would've been for Garcia to have been able to spend last year getting reps and developing as the swing tackle/3rd TE the same way Solder did during Light's last year. Losing that means we still don't know if the long-term answer is on the roster or not. Good teams don't draft just to fill holes, I don't want the Pats to draft a LT just to draft a LT. I'm just lamenting the loss of what could've been a really useful piece of information is all.

YankeeRebel

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,800.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean they've got a bunch of guys who could potentially be the starter there next year...Waddle, Garcia, Croston, Tobin...the perfect scenario would've been for Garcia to have been able to spend last year getting reps and developing as the swing tackle/3rd TE the same way Solder did during Light's last year. Losing that means we still don't know if the long-term answer is on the roster or not. Good teams don't draft just to fill holes, I don't want the Pats to draft a LT just to draft a LT. I'm just lamenting the loss of what could've been a really useful piece of information is all.
Yeah I get that, there is no way the Pats would pay Solder what the G-Men did, it was time to part ways. So long as Scar is there I have moderate confidence in the O-Line.

CreepCreep2014

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in the same boat that NE does not need a LT this yr. They have 4 guys who can play there, and only 1 person they want to win that job (Garcia). Waddle, if healthy, is more than capable of holding down that spot for the yr. Now they have options there in case he gets hurt, and this gives Garcia time to get into shape. Plus, with Allen still here, he can help out on that side if needed.

NOW, with them getting another 1st rd pick, maybe they look at LT, but I think this is for a 5 yr starter at LB.