• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chargers @ Redskins (Week 9)

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huge credit to the D for that goal line stand.

Agreed. I thought it was a fait accompli the Chargers would get the TD there with the ball on the 1-foot line and 1st down. That was an incredible goal line stand.

Overall, the defense gave up only 17 points and played a very solid game.

SkinFaninATL

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense started to scare me in the 4th quarter. I wished we couldn't gotten to Philip Rivers more for the game. He kept slipping by and completing passes. On the offensive side......bravo. RGIII looked damn good. He was 23-32. Four of those passes were tipped at the line of scrimmage. He made some very good throws. He just killed the middle. Pierre Garcon just straight balled. It's ironic that the very WR that called out RGIII, came out and caught everything. He caught 7-172. If the catches were not 30+ yards, they were close to it. He caught one-handers, two-handers, rather contested or wide open. That contested one-hander was a beauty.Wow! Of course, Alfred Morris was given the ball 25 times for 121 yards and a TD. Of course, we are now 10-0, when has at least those amount of carries. What took so long to give him that many carries a game? Lol

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A couple other kudos. once again, Reed stepped up. He is turning out to be the steal of the draft. Hankerson had some clutch plays. He caught everything thrown to him. Trent was a beast today.

On defense, our secondary played well. Amerson is getting better and better. DHall played very well. Cofield played well in stuffing the middle.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amerson has potential: great interception follows by boneheaded play for the td. You can't bite on a double move when you have safety help in the middle. Rookie mistake.

Reed looked great, as did garçon. Should've gone for the first down with 4:00 left in the game, when the skins threw incomplete to garçon on third. Play to win.

Also, screen passes continue to kill the skins.

Finally, I think Jerome bogar, is the worst official in the league, and calls a patently biased game vs the redskins. Every time they were approaching the red zone, he called the oline for holding, and called ZERO holding calls on the chargers despite Orakpo, baker, Kerrigan getting mugged.

I'd protest his officiating.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amerson may have saved the season for us

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great game today. The kind that could turn the season around. Goal line stand was huge.... ran the ball with authority. Huge win..one game at a time...Minnesota up next...

Kevin12773

Boomer Sooner
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I for one didn't expect the D to step up at the end like they odd and I agree that's the type of win that could turn the rest of the season around. Good win all in all and now on to stopping Peterson on Thursday night.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a day! What a win! Absolutely unbelievable!! Can't lie, was nervous as hell on that goal line stand. Couldn't believe the way that game played out.

Way to hold em D!!! Way to drive down and take the win O! Clutch win!!!!!!!!! Thrilled for this team and for us fans! HTTR!

CaptO

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a day! What a win! Absolutely unbelievable!! Can't lie, was nervous as hell on that goal line stand. Couldn't believe the way that game played out.

Way to hold em D!!! Way to drive down and take the win O! Clutch win!!!!!!!!! Thrilled for this team and for us fans! HTTR!

Great game Skins! Cant recall ever witnessing a team that couldnt make it over the goal line in 4 down attempts. Chargers are in deep shit - not only at QB but also RB. Wow

jimmigan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was so important for the Offense to carry the Defense. Maybe now we can get both of them going at the same time. Secondary needs to iron out some things.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
amerson may have saved the season for us

Both his youth and talent show. He made great plays on the pick and the tackle at the goal line but as many times as he has been told to maintain outside leverage he gets caught inside trying to jump routes a few times. He does have skills and he should get even better with experience.

apachef4

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,330.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Amerson has potential: great interception follows by boneheaded play for the td. You can't bite on a double move when you have safety help in the middle. Rookie mistake.

Reed looked great, as did garçon. Should've gone for the first down with 4:00 left in the game, when the skins threw incomplete to garçon on third. Play to win.

Also, screen passes continue to kill the skins.

Finally, I think Jerome bogar, is the worst official in the league, and calls a patently biased game vs the redskins. Every time they were approaching the red zone, he called the oline for holding, and called ZERO holding calls on the chargers despite Orakpo, baker, Kerrigan getting mugged.

I'd protest his officiating.

I'll meet you halfway on this one...Boger and his crew are awful, but it certainly wasn't against the Skins. I thought it was pretty evenly awful yesterday. I also agree with you on the holding calls. I don't understand how our guys can never draw a holding call week-in and week-out. I can see them, why can't the refs? :noidea:

But yeah, Boger sucks. The Lady's Man needs to lay off the courvoisier on game-day! ;)