• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: Chargers reality check

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we gotta win these division games
I was messing around with the playoff machine over on ESPN this morning. The truth of the matter is that our division is a mess with injuries, weaknesses, under-production, youth, etc..... There is a little bit of everything going on and it makes the entire division vulnerable. And nobody has an easy schedule to close.

Anyway, by my calculations, the Bengals could win their two remaining games (home vs. Baltimore; @Cleveland), and they would likely be division champs at 9-8. This would mean that Baltimore takes a pretty big tumble, but look at that schedule and look at their injuries and tell me where they are winning more than one game. They close @Cleveland, vs. Green Bay, @Cin, vs. LA Rams, vs. Pit. Their best match-up is week 18, which could be Big Ben's final game.

DanBengalfan

Raving lunatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was messing around with the playoff machine over on ESPN this morning. The truth of the matter is that our division is a mess with injuries, weaknesses, under-production, youth, etc..... There is a little bit of everything going on and it makes the entire division vulnerable. And nobody has an easy schedule to close.

Anyway, by my calculations, the Bengals could win their two remaining games (home vs. Baltimore; @Cleveland), and they would likely be division champs at 9-8. This would mean that Baltimore takes a pretty big tumble, but look at that schedule and look at their injuries and tell me where they are winning more than one game. They close @Cleveland, vs. Green Bay, @Cin, vs. LA Rams, vs. Pit. Their best match-up is week 18, which could be Big Ben's final game.

if Joe stays healthy and our online doesn't turn to mush, we will be in the playoffs.

I think we can win our first playoff game since I was a kid, but it also depends on who we end up playing. this is not a SuperBowl team

Cincyfan78

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if Joe stays healthy and our online doesn't turn to mush, we will be in the playoffs.

I think we can win our first playoff game since I was a kid, but it also depends on who we end up playing. this is not a SuperBowl team
Here's the crazy thing...aren't they?

I mean, the answer is no...but they have an offense with enough talent that can win a few games in a row. The defense is good enough for stretches, if they can get the right matchup, or get hot....they can put something together.

The Bengals have the same issue as most teams, however. Consistency. Most teams look great on offense one week, and look terrible the next. Same on defense. Consistency is the key. The team that can find that, will win it all.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's the crazy thing...aren't they?

I mean, the answer is no...but they have an offense with enough talent that can win a few games in a row. The defense is good enough for stretches, if they can get the right matchup, or get hot....they can put something together.

The Bengals have the same issue as most teams, however. Consistency. Most teams look great on offense one week, and look terrible the next. Same on defense. Consistency is the key. The team that can find that, will win it all.
Yeah....Its hard to say you trust anyone in the AFC right now. I think if I was forced to put my money on one team it would be KC. That's mostly because they've done it before and they seem to be finding ways to win this season even though they haven't looked great. That said, I can also see them pissing away the football 3 or 4 times in a playoff game and losing.

The Patriots look terrific right now, but I would like to see them tested in a higher scoring game. If they play a hot QB and get behind they'll be playing a game that doesn't favor them.

The Bengals have as much potential as anyone currently in the conference. But their inconsistency is mind-boggling. At this point I don't think we can expect the turnovers to stop - It's just something that they either have to limit or fight through.

futballiscool

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Yeah....Its hard to say you trust anyone in the AFC right now. I think if I was forced to put my money on one team it would be KC. That's mostly because they've done it before and they seem to be finding ways to win this season even though they haven't looked great. That said, I can also see them pissing away the football 3 or 4 times in a playoff game and losing.

The Patriots look terrific right now, but I would like to see them tested in a higher scoring game. If they play a hot QB and get behind they'll be playing a game that doesn't favor them.

The Bengals have as much potential as anyone currently in the conference. But their inconsistency is mind-boggling. At this point I don't think we can expect the turnovers to stop - It's just something that they either have to limit or fight through.

It's weird saying this as the Bengals are on the fringe of playoffs contention but I honestly think they're the most complete team in the conference.
My biggest concerns are..
A. Making the Playoffs
B. Burrow's hand injury effecting his play down the stretch

This year you just need to sneak in as there's no dominant team or overwhelming favorite