• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

CFP Rankings

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Penn State comes in at a good spot, #7. Committee chairman said 3-7 were vry close, so we aren't trying to chase down the impossible like last year where that drubbing from UM killed us. You know some teams ahead of us will lose, we just need to keep on winning, blow the doors of the last few after this week and watch some chaos insue.....it always does.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I agree and that losing may include OSU and many others. We shall see LBU.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea, I agree and that losing may include OSU and many others. We shall see LBU.

OSU losing 1 game would probably be bad for us. either need them to win out or lose 2. they'll use some bullshit like we didn't beat an oklahoma like them last year to justify throwing them into the playoff over us as conference champ with 2 losses to our 1.

I can see Clemson, ND, oklahoma taking an L and of course 1 of the SEC teams has to lose if they eventually play head to head. could see UGA dropping another as well.

Ritzarmy

RIP WLK Loving father, husband, & friend to ALL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see us winning out and getting fucked over again. Karma would be OSU winning Big10 championship and PSU getting into the playoffs and not them.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can win out and still need things to happen for us. If they don't happen, only people who would have fucked us over in that case is ourselves. Had the win and let it slip away.

AlistairChiss

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think us winning out and the teams ahead of us losing will be enough. Michigan State is our last ranked team of the season so we need to win and win big. If we don't win big I fully expect to be leapfrogged by some of the teams behind us if they beat some ranked teams.

If Miami wins out they move ahead of us. They have to get through VTech and Notre Dame, both of which are ranked and Notre Dame would be a clear signature win whether I want to admit it or not.
If Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma this weekend they move ahead of us.
If TCU beats Oklahoma while winning out, they move ahead of us.
If an undefeated Wisconsin beats Ohio State in the title game or loses a very close one then I think its POSSIBLE they move ahead of us.

Basically we need ALOT of teams losing ahead and behind us to get into the playoffs this year. Best case is somehow Ohio State drops two of their remaining games to get us to the Big Ten title game where we get a rematch with Wisconsin to get a signature win if the other teams don't start dropping off.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Honestly I don't think us winning out and the teams ahead of us losing will be enough. Michigan State is our last ranked team of the season so we need to win and win big. If we don't win big I fully expect to be leapfrogged by some of the teams behind us if they beat some ranked teams.

If Miami wins out they move ahead of us. They have to get through VTech and Notre Dame, both of which are ranked and Notre Dame would be a clear signature win whether I want to admit it or not.
If Oklahoma State beats Oklahoma this weekend they move ahead of us.
If TCU beats Oklahoma while winning out, they move ahead of us.
If an undefeated Wisconsin beats Ohio State in the title game or loses a very close one then I think its POSSIBLE they move ahead of us.

Basically we need ALOT of teams losing ahead and behind us to get into the playoffs this year. Best case is somehow Ohio State drops two of their remaining games to get us to the Big Ten title game where we get a rematch with Wisconsin to get a signature win if the other teams don't start dropping off.

Miami will lose, they have been skating by as it is....thsu why they are ranked so low even undefeated, OU, Okie st, TCU will take care of themselves, If Wisky goes undefeated and beats OSU, they deserve to go, but that's only way they have a chance to jump us, it would also put OSU below us though.

Committee chair said there is very little difference between 3-7 and they were very aware of how close the PSU game was and how well we played in it for our only loss at a 1 Pt loss

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks muddled for sure but stranger things have happened.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We Are....done in this mix. In fact, unless Wisky can run table and win B1G title game, I think our conference is out already. We have had to make 3 plays this year to win games and only made 1, vs Iowa. Couldn't make a play against OSU or MSU to close out, nobody's fault but our own. Fortunately, this team's nbest years are still ahead of it. So much talent coming in last few years and this will be our best class yet under Franklin

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not get a chance to watch the game yesterday but what we know is we beat Michigan and not much of anyone else that was important. I have the following take aways:

What is the OL so bad this many years into Franklin's time as HC?
Why does Franklin go into a protective shell when he has games won?
How could the coaching staff not do more to get Barkley more involved in the offense? He is a generational RB.
I loved JoMo last year but was disappointed in him this year. He had no answers for teams taking Barkley away.
I love McSorely but clearly he is a good player not a great player. I hope they have a competition next year between he and Stevens.

I think we are a perennial 8-4 to 11-1 team. Not bad. Pretty much what we had with JoePa. Franklin is an awesome recruiter and I like him. I thought when he was here at MD he was not a good in game coach. My opinion has not change. To be a top ranked team he is going to have to have good assistants.

Lets go 10-2 and get a nice bowl game. It isn't the season I was hoping for but it doesn't suck.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did not get a chance to watch the game yesterday but what we know is we beat Michigan and not much of anyone else that was important. I have the following take aways:

What is the OL so bad this many years into Franklin's time as HC?
Why does Franklin go into a protective shell when he has games won?
How could the coaching staff not do more to get Barkley more involved in the offense? He is a generational RB.
I loved JoMo last year but was disappointed in him this year. He had no answers for teams taking Barkley away.
I love McSorely but clearly he is a good player not a great player. I hope they have a competition next year between he and Stevens.

I think we are a perennial 8-4 to 11-1 team. Not bad. Pretty much what we had with JoePa. Franklin is an awesome recruiter and I like him. I thought when he was here at MD he was not a good in game coach. My opinion has not change. To be a top ranked team he is going to have to have good assistants.

Lets go 10-2 and get a nice bowl game. It isn't the season I was hoping for but it doesn't suck.

We had an absolute bare cupboard on OL when Franklin arrived. He's been recruiting and trying to create a 2-3 deep with some actual talent. Its not an overnight process.

joMo has guys in positions to succeed, they need to make the plays. He can't catch a ball for someone or make the throw to an open guy.

If we go 10-2, we would have back to back double digit win seasons while being thin and inexperienced across both lines, not sure how you can say coaching is subpar if we pull that off in our only 2 sanction free seasons. Recruiting is continuing on upward trend and talent is what wins games more than anything else. We are still years ahead of where anyone thought we;d be. We are on an incredible trajectory as a program.

As for yesterday, hard to prepare for a 3.5 hour delay and playing on a field that wasn't fit to let cattle graze on.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had an absolute bare cupboard on OL when Franklin arrived. He's been recruiting and trying to create a 2-3 deep with some actual talent. Its not an overnight process.

joMo has guys in positions to succeed, they need to make the plays. He can't catch a ball for someone or make the throw to an open guy.

If we go 10-2, we would have back to back double digit win seasons while being thin and inexperienced across both lines, not sure how you can say coaching is subpar if we pull that off in our only 2 sanction free seasons. Recruiting is continuing on upward trend and talent is what wins games more than anything else. We are still years ahead of where anyone thought we;d be. We are on an incredible trajectory as a program.

As for yesterday, hard to prepare for a 3.5 hour delay and playing on a field that wasn't fit to let cattle graze on.

This is year four and yes I am aware of sanctions. He should have a better OL by now. This line is sub par.

Because of poor line play and opposing teams trying to take Barkley away it has been a difficult situation. I have stated on more than one occasion that the read option plays were getting killed and several weeks ago asked where are the quicker hitting plays. We still haven't seen them. That suggests a failure to adapt.

True JoMo can't make the plays, I put some heat on Trace too.

If you read my post and thought about what I said I was mostly positive. I detailed the week areas in this years team. I am not backing down from those comments. As for yesterday both teams played on the same field so I would not suggest that as a problem.

I am happy to be a perennial 10 win team. I think Franklin as an overseer and a recruiter is doing very well. You yourself agreed that Franklin lost the bowl game and Ohio State game. He went too conservative. Bad in game coaching.

I know you are Mr. Positive and actually I am being pretty damned positive too. Sorry if you don't like my analysis but it isn't going to change. I said lets win out and get a good bowl game. Most schools would love a 10 win team, I know I do.

I am disappointed we aren't getting more but a part of me is happy for Wisconsin (this year) because one of our kids in starting corner for them. If it can't be us then I hope they do well.

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry if you do not like my reply to your analysis, but it won't change either. In the end we are still young and trying to cover up deficiencies created by sanctions. We are well ahead of where anyone thought we'd be and we're loading up with talent. I wouldn't trade this staff for anyone right now. Hell, they certainly weren't playing not to lose this week. They could've pooched a punt down inside the 10 and played for OT, they went for 4th down, had perfect play call, ball hit WR in hands and the rest is history. The OSU game we were hanging on for dear life because DL was gassed after losing Bates and playing some young guys way too much in rotation....it is what it is. We are winning 10 games with big holes. Staff is filling those holes, but its not waving a magic wand.

Watching these last 2 games, I rally hope we end up with Parsons. He could be an instant impact getting to the QB from a variety of spots, even in a limited role. The OL, well, I just hope we see a lineup of left to Right...Bates-Menet/Miranda-Mcgovern-Thorpe/Miranda-Fries. That's a far more athletic and talented group and guys like Miranda and Thorpe play MEAN. Gonzo is just too slow, we get killed when he tries to pull and Mahon in same boat.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No worries, I don't much care about your reply. I have played the game, coached the game etc. I am secure in my opinion.

I still think you haven't understood what I said. I too am happy with 10 wins. I just pointed out some areas that need work.

As for recruiting I have also said I think Franklin is doing a great job.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I do believe Spartans also had the same 3.5 hr delay and instead of throwing food into the stud running backs mouth showing off his many talents the Spartans came up with a game plan that worked.

Last edited:

linebackeru

Caught in a Mosh
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do believe Spartans also had the same 3.5 hr delay and instead of throwing food into the stud running backs mouth showing off his many talents the Spartans came up with a game plan that worked.

So, just to clarify, your gameplan would be keep doing something that wasn't working and abandon what was working? sounds like a great idea. We threw for 381 and easily left 100 yards on the field with dropped passes that were great throws. Coaches can't catch the ball for players, including Saquon who had a big drop.

Ritzarmy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,145.45
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, just to clarify, your gameplan would be keep doing something that wasn't working and abandon what was working? sounds like a great idea. We threw for 381 and easily left 100 yards on the field with dropped passes that were great throws. Coaches can't catch the ball for players, including Saquon who had a big drop.

I'm saying staying focus during the rain delay