• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Castro in the 2 Spot

herky

YEAH JEETS!!!!!!111
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Castro looks likely to hit in No. 2 spot - Chicago Cubs Blog - ESPN Chicago

I personally like him hitting #2. With him, Rizzo, and Soriano until the trade deadline, that's a decent middle of the order. The best part of the article was the end.

Castro envisions himself as a great player and an All-Star every season.

“I want to be the best player in the game and the best teammate,” he said. “That is what drives me now with no other distractions.”

Castro also will take on the role of adviser for the young players who make their way to the major leagues. He has taken Cuban outfielder Jorge Soler under his wing this spring.

“Soler will be a great player,” he said. “I must help him and other young players get used to this lifestyle on and off the field. (Alfonso) Soriano did that for me and he told me that I must start doing that for others.”

Soriano had Castro live with him in Chicago when Castro first broke in to the major leagues.

“We have to help each other, that is what I told Starlin.” Soriano said. “(Derek) Jeter and Bernie Williams did that for me when I broke in with the Yankees. That is how you take care of teammates.”

It's great to see that he's taking being the cornerstone for the team seriously, especially since he's so young.