• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carson Wentz Time-Table

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just listened to Sal Paolantonio's interview on ESPN this morning and if you read between the lines it doesn't seem to me that we will see Carson Wentz play in the first few games of the season. He is in tune with the Eagles better than most and he is especially tight with Wentz. He said that there is "significantly" more chance of re-tearing those ligaments between the time frame of 9-10 months than after the 12 month recovery period. Considering the Eagles have Foles ready to go and coming off of a Super Bowl MVP performance ... I can't see the Eagles risking their Franchise guy at this point. It would not shock me at all if the Eagles hold out Wentz the first 6 games of the season to make sure he's near that 12 month recovery period prior to activating him. Hell, it would not shock me if this end up being a lost season for him playing wise in order to assure his future health.

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a possibility, but I hope that he is 100% by the 5th game. At worst, after the bye week. But, it is best to err on the side of caution. If this is the case, then I hope that they work out a deal to keep Foles for a long time, barring an unbelievable offer, and I don't mean one 1st round pick, but a lot more. That most unlikely will not happen. I know that Nick wants to be a starter and it's not the money, but he is a competitor. It will be interesting to see what happens, but I will hate to see Nick leave next year.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’ve had this in the back of my mind for months. Some might call me a worrier....but I’ve seen clearly in the past that ACL needs at least 12 months to be solid.

He’s the future. If they put him out early season I’m going to sweat hard each week. Later in the season not so much. With a backup like Foles there feels no reason to push it.

I want to win again now. But, more than that I want to win for a long time.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we sit Wentz... I think the REAL QB controversy is going to be Foles vs Sudfeld. Foles looked horrible this past week, while Sudfeld actually looked descent and moved the team when Foles could not. Kinda reminds me of the DAL game last year. It might have been meaningless to the season at that point, but they were trying to get their 'new' starting QB up to speed and wanted to see them succeed.

Foles has earned that starting spot, and there is 0% chance he doesn't start. And I support that. However, if we lose week 1 with Foles, and by halftime, we are looking bad with Foles at the helm.... there is going to be pressure to see what Sudfeld can do, and I would not blame Doug for a QB switch at halftime so you can see what both do against the same team/defense for better film study/comparisons. And if Sudfeld again, moves the team where Foles couldn't - SB MVP or not - your going to have a legitimate QB controversy (until Wentz gets back - which I think should be week 3. I'd like to see Wentz come back against a weaker defense and have some success building up confidence and getting practice in).

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference was Nick played against the starters, and got beat up due to our OL inefficiency. Sudsy played mostly against NE's backups when he started to shine.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The difference was Nick played against the starters, and got beat up due to our OL inefficiency. Sudsy played mostly against NE's backups when he started to shine.

people forget about the weakness of our OL at times last year. Wentz really helped a lot in that, and the OL looked better in run blocking, especially pulling. how quick we forget, wentz was one of the most knocked down players in the league last year. OL is arguably the biggest weakness on the offense, imho.

There is still no excuse for 1 for 9 out of Foles. And how did Brady do against our starters?? And when Foles got hurt, sudfeld did go against the starters for at least 1 series as well. Just saying, Sudfeld has looked good and moved this offense multiple times now when Foles could not. Of course, Doug doesn't have the offense geared around just Foles right now either.

Rey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleared for 11 on 11 drills

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cleared for 11 on 11 drills

That is great news! I hope that he is cleared to start the season! Atlanta is going to be REAL good!

Not ready for predictions, but I see us going 12-4. I said that last year also, and we could have gone 14-2, if we played the starters v.s Dallas. Now we are a target and the schedule is hard. I see Jacksonville (in London), the Saints, Atlanta, and the Rams being very difficult.

HuskerNGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 990.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I am not sure he starts week one I like to read into the coaches points. I think it was Groh that stated there is no 'Well he is cleared but...' He stated once he is cleared he will play and they won't hold him out just because. So I don't think he misses games once cleared to protect him or anything. Now who knows when he is actually cleared for contact....

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Though I am not sure he starts week one I like to read into the coaches points. I think it was Groh that stated there is no 'Well he is cleared but...' He stated once he is cleared he will play and they won't hold him out just because. So I don't think he misses games once cleared to protect him or anything. Now who knows when he is actually cleared for contact....

do they ever take off the red shirt in practice... or is that just cleared for games?

Iggloo

Fly, Eagles Fly
Hoopla Cash
$ 150.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think there is a shot that they hold him out of regular season games. We shall see.

Darth Dawkins

kffl trev
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am really hoping he is 100% when he comes back, I understand windows of opportunity but we have hit on a franchise QB and I would rather be good for the next ten years than have the next RG3. Let the man heal, it worries me that he's doing 11vs11 right now.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
some good news.... with a data chip they have been monitoring Wentz and his recovery with....

The data collected from that technology revealed Wentz isn't just back to his old ways since tearing the ACL and LCL in his left knee. He has actually taken it up a notch.

"Those are things we track actually with the footballs and things that we have. We can monitor that stuff," Eagles coach Doug Pederson said. "Velocity has been up, accuracy has been up. Those are the things he's been able to work on over the course of the year."

mall3013

SportsHoopla's #1 Bucknut
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is cleared for contact and will start Sunday vs the Colts. Wallace is done with a broken fibula. I think Howie is gonna seek a trade very soon or contact a FA WR.. will be interesting to see who the Eagles reach out to?

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz is cleared for contact and will start Sunday vs the Colts. Wallace is done with a broken fibula. I think Howie is gonna seek a trade very soon or contact a FA WR.. will be interesting to see who the Eagles reach out to?
Bring in Dez. You know he will want to scorch the cowturds everytime they play.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bring in Dez. You know he will want to scorch the cowturds everytime they play.

That's true.

The question is...can he? And if he can.....is that worth all else?
Oh...and also...is he willing to come cheap enough to fit what the Eagles can offer? He has shown no budge on that with any other teams.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's true.

The question is...can he? And if he can.....is that worth all else?
Oh...and also...is he willing to come cheap enough to fit what the Eagles can offer? He has shown no budge on that with any other teams.
Eagles are SB champs and have a decent chance to repeat.