• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cards sign DC Todd Bowles to 3 year extension

Arizona_Sting

GoldMember
Hoopla Cash
$ 811.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Accidentally posted this on the main NFL forum too, but oh well.

Really shocked by this, thought he was well on his way out this summer since he'll be one of the top targets to take over another team as a head coach.

This doesn't guarantee he won't take another job by any means, but he's now one of the highest paid assistant coaches and he has a great defense to work with (especially next year when they get Dock and D-Wash back) so he should be happy here. Looks to me like he'd only take another job if it's a good situation. Anyways, glad we were able to get this done. He's a wizard & what he's done with this defense despite all the injuries is incredible.

Last edited by a moderator:

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is the whole story from Kent Somers at azcentral.

The new contract runs through 2017 and boosts his pay to more than $1 million a year. It's unknown what Bowles was making under his original three-year deal with the team.

The extension, however, doesn't mean it's guaranteed Bowles would remain with the Cardinals beyond this season. He is expected to be a candidate for head-coaching positions and, under NFL rules, an assistant cannot be kept from interviewing for those positions.

DweeberAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 928.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It gives him a lot of room to be choosy on which head coaching job he might take. Most likely will up the pay offered to him as well. I think it was a good move.

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not count on D-Wash being around next year. Dockett, yes.

Love the move though. Cards just doing everything right.