• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Cano to 1st base?

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Boston because of JD Martinez, I can't see the Astros or Yankees either, can't see the O's with the rebuild they are about to go through. The Indians are an interesting team and I would think the only other team that would possibly., The Twins I can't see because they finally spent decent money this offseason and have been the most disappointing team in baseball.

I guess we shall see.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't see Boston because of JD Martinez, I can't see the Astros or Yankees either, can't see the O's with the rebuild they are about to go through. The Indians are an interesting team and I would think the only other team that would possibly., The Twins I can't see because they finally spent decent money this offseason and have been the most disappointing team in baseball.

Indians have Encarnacion at DH and Alonso at first with an affordable ($9 million) team option for 2019.

Twins rarely spend money but they need a major upgrade at DH and if they think they are one bat away from a deep playoff run, they might bite. They also have about $70 million in payroll coming off the books in Hughes, Odorizzi, Mauer, Dozier, Lynn, Duke, Morrison, and Rodney.

Red Sox - I agree, with JDM being a brittle bitch, it's best to keep him off the field.

Yankees probably not. Stanton has DHed half of their games so they are probably trying to keep him off of the field to limit his opportunity of getting hurt. After all, he's another brittle bitch.

Orioles - Possible. It would be a PR move to put butts in seats and like Zona said, the move would help the fans forget about losing Machado. But I honestly Cruz would rather eat money than return there in the team's current situation

But the Astros? Absolutely. Gattis has been their DH this year and he is a pending free agent. He's having a good RBI year but that is mainly because he sees a lot of RBI opportunities. With that little park and hot lineup, Cruz might have 90 RBI by now if he was Houston's DH. Cruz signing with the Astros would really suck and it would serve dual purposes for the Astros. It would strengthen their team offense and remove the most intimidating bat from the lineup od their primary divisional competition at the same time.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe that means Healy can be a trade chip in the future.

Thinking about this I don't think we can reasonably expect much for him if hes the center piece in a deal. Theres a reason we were able to get him for a middle reliever. One trick pony guys (power or nothing) are becoming less and less valued. Look at Mike Moustakas (sp?), who everyone thought would get a huge deal last offseason and then was only able to get a minimal one year deal.

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Complacent. Maybe he's satisfied being a career minor leaguer, where he can close the bars every night and still be a productive player.
Usually before Vogelbach gets a shot I wonder why it hasn't happened sooner. Then after 2 or 3 ABs I get my answer. Besides the obvious of not looking the part, if you just watch him in the batters box he doesn't look comfortable or confident. Guy supposedly has a keen eye in the minors but then gets up here and its a different story. Something just isn't there upstairs with him.

mcnabb7542

Resident Fake Asian!
Hoopla Cash
$ 3.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My wife and I both noticed that Vogelbach has gotten even fatter since the last time up. His gut is hanging lower than before...sad.

I caught a Rainers game couple weeks ago, and my oldest made the comment, " they got big man listed at 250!" We both laughed as waddled out of the dug out.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Usually before Vogelbach gets a shot I wonder why it hasn't happened sooner. Then after 2 or 3 ABs I get my answer. Besides the obvious of not looking the part, if you just watch him in the batters box he doesn't look comfortable or confident. Guy supposedly has a keen eye in the minors but then gets up here and its a different story. Something just isn't there upstairs with him.

baseball is 90 pct mental..the other half is physical..yogi bera

many guy's are trying so hard to get to mlb..that they stop working on the mental side of the game
that.... i think has to do with coaching...and as with edgar a mental approach........

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Indians have Encarnacion at DH and Alonso at first with an affordable ($9 million) team option for 2019.

Twins rarely spend money but they need a major upgrade at DH and if they think they are one bat away from a deep playoff run, they might bite. They also have about $70 million in payroll coming off the books in Hughes, Odorizzi, Mauer, Dozier, Lynn, Duke, Morrison, and Rodney.

Red Sox - I agree, with JDM being a brittle bitch, it's best to keep him off the field.

Yankees probably not. Stanton has DHed half of their games so they are probably trying to keep him off of the field to limit his opportunity of getting hurt. After all, he's another brittle bitch.

Orioles - Possible. It would be a PR move to put butts in seats and like Zona said, the move would help the fans forget about losing Machado. But I honestly Cruz would rather eat money than return there in the team's current situation

But the Astros? Absolutely. Gattis has been their DH this year and he is a pending free agent. He's having a good RBI year but that is mainly because he sees a lot of RBI opportunities. With that little park and hot lineup, Cruz might have 90 RBI by now if he was Houston's DH. Cruz signing with the Astros would really suck and it would serve dual purposes for the Astros. It would strengthen their team offense and remove the most intimidating bat from the lineup od their primary divisional competition at the same time.

I guess Houston but Gattis is more valuable (IMO) than a guy who can only DH. My main point was that I don't think Cruz is going to get $14 million plus this offseason and $10 would be a very reasonable offer the Mariners could make. A one year $10 million with a player option is around the ballpark I think he would take.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about this I don't think we can reasonably expect much for him if hes the center piece in a deal. Theres a reason we were able to get him for a middle reliever. One trick pony guys (power or nothing) are becoming less and less valued. Look at Mike Moustakas (sp?), who everyone thought would get a huge deal last offseason and then was only able to get a minimal one year deal.

I'm not sure what Healy's value would be but if they are really interested in upgrading their staff, with the lack of prospects they have I think he'd be a decent piece in a trade, not sure what Baltimore's 1B situation is but I think that's be a nice spot for Jones since Baltimore is a solid park for a guy like Healy to hit in.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw this which is funny because I had a dream last night we sent Healy to KC in a deal for Whit Merrifield and used him as our new CF.

I also thought Duffy was a possibility a couple months back and he has started pitching better of late.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just saw this which is funny because I had a dream last night we sent Healy to KC in a deal for Whit Merrifield and used him as our new CF.

I also thought Duffy was a possibility a couple months back and he has started pitching better of late.

Gordon, Merrifield, and Segura at the top of the lineup? That would drive pitchers nutz and Cruz would see a lot of fastballs.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon, Merrifield, and Segura at the top of the lineup? That would drive pitchers nutz and Cruz would see a lot of fastballs.

That is exactly how I see it. Take Duffy and his contract as well and throw in some minor leaguers with Healy and Games if that is what it takes. If KC really wants to go younger and cheaper throw in Zunino for Perez and really make me happy.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
image001.jpg

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vogelbach reminds me of Bucky Jacobsen. If this was 2004 and the team was on its way to a 63-99 record, he would probably get an extended shot at first base or DH.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And Eddy says it all.…..

Shitters Full.jpg

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interested in the Official MLB rules?
I used this when Ichiro was caught in the dugout and when Cano got put on ice to see what the actual rules called for.

Official Rules

SeattleCoug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Foot meet mouth LOL

But seriously if you can get either of these guys in a Healy deal, do that trade yesterday

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 homers and 6 RBIs Healy crushed for us the other night

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2 homers and 6 RBIs Healy crushed for us the other night

I really like Healy, but let that production continue over the next couple of days to drive his value in trade.

It's inevitable that Robbie will become our everyday first base man, and Im starting to think this should be the case as early as next year. The range that we gain with Gordon at 2nd and the upgraded bat with Robbie at first could turn Healy for a solid centerfielder. I say we make this transition as soon as Robbie is off of suspension.

Anointed One

Gone Country!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,716.70
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems like this is what Healy does tho. Goes off for a game then goes 0 for his next 12

Part of that is he seemingly swings at everything resulting in walking in 1 out of every 25 AB's... Just for example, Haniger walks 1 out of every 7 AB's... Healy won't ever be a productive hitter unless he an get his average up a bit to offset the low walk totals...