• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

calling it now 50 games MIN

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell, they will not even sniff any higher than the 4th seed and if they are even that good that guarantees them a date with the Warriors in round 2. Sweep. If they even make the playoffs at that, they have to contend with Warriors, Rockets, Pelicans, Spurs, Jazz, Blazers, T-Wolves, Thunder. That is 8 teams right there that could all very well finish above the Lakers and keep Bitchboy out of the playoffs entirely.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way in hell, they will not even sniff any higher than the 4th seed and if they are even that good that guarantees them a date with the Warriors in round 2. Sweep. If they even make the playoffs at that, they have to contend with Warriors, Rockets, Pelicans, Spurs, Jazz, Blazers, T-Wolves, Thunder. That is 8 teams right there that could all very well finish above the Lakers and keep Bitchboy out of the playoffs entirely.

Butthurt is strong with this one, so angry. Remind me, would a 4th seed guarantee a second round date vs the Warriors this past season?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lakers will win at least 50 games and they can beat houston and OKC. They are well coached (beyond okc and HOU), they have a better starting team than lebron has had in his career (barring maybe the Heat), They match up well, And they have the best player who came up short. Way better than last years Cavs. Look over that bench, its lit. Come at me bruhs.
The head coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves agrees with you. He says getting LeBron makes the Lakers instant contenders.

My thoughts is the Lakers won 35 games of so this last season - Everyone said over and over that the Lakers needed an all star player to do better. Well now they have one and I do think that should add 10 to 15 games to the 35 wins the should get without LeBron. We have three players who are up and coming in talent and I am looking forward to seeing what Ingram, Kuzma and Lonzo Ball can do. It would have been nice to have kept Randle though. I am sorry the Lakers let him walk, but they were making room for Leonard and that would have been a nice trade off. That still might work next year and that is one of those gambles the Lakers had to take

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Butthurt is strong with this one, so angry. Remind me, would a 4th seed guarantee a second round date vs the Warriors this past season?
I could understand the skepticism and their line of thinking it would be impossible for the Lakers to do better than the 4th seed, but to say that it's not even possible for that to happen is just totally ignorant

Shane_O_Mac812

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No butthurt at all. I just don't see it with this team. This will be arguably a worse team than the Cavs last year and they are in the West. It will be a tall order. Look at last years standings, from the 3 seed to the 9 or 10 it was only like 4 games difference. That makes it highly possible that the Lakers don't even make the playoffs, let alone a deep run. I say a best case scenario for the Lakers will be a second round exit. Based on the current roster at this moment, that would be a successful season.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No butthurt at all. I just don't see it with this team. This will be arguably a worse team than the Cavs last year and they are in the West. It will be a tall order. Look at last years standings, from the 3 seed to the 9 or 10 it was only like 4 games difference. That makes it highly possible that the Lakers don't even make the playoffs, let alone a deep run. I say a best case scenario for the Lakers will be a second round exit. Based on the current roster at this moment, that would be a successful season.

The butthurt comment was in reference to your Lebron nickname.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think you're giving the Lakers' defensive abilities enough credit, especially as they trend toward being able to switch at all positions (dammit Randle).
This.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland over achieved last season. They are likely to come back down in a tougher WC.

Butler declined signing an extension....he may be dealt by the trade deadline. If that happens, they likely miss the playoffs.

That's just 2 teams off the top of my head that may miss the playoffs and the Lakers make it.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bitchboy?

Yeah. No axe to grind here,huh?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The head coach of the Minnesota Timberwolves agrees with you. He says getting LeBron makes the Lakers instant contenders.

My thoughts is the Lakers won 35 games of so this last season - Everyone said over and over that the Lakers needed an all star player to do better. Well now they have one and I do think that should add 10 to 15 games to the 35 wins the should get without LeBron. We have three players who are up and coming in talent and I am looking forward to seeing what Ingram, Kuzma and Lonzo Ball can do. It would have been nice to have kept Randle though. I am sorry the Lakers let him walk, but they were making room for Leonard and that would have been a nice trade off. That still might work next year and that is one of those gambles the Lakers had to take
if LeBron only adds 10 wins then the entire coaching staff/front office should be razed to the ground. Well- as long as Lebron is healthy.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Portland over achieved last season. They are likely to come back down in a tougher WC.

Butler declined signing an extension....he may be dealt by the trade deadline. If that happens, they likely miss the playoffs.

That's just 2 teams off the top of my head that may miss the playoffs and the Lakers make it.
I just enjoy the fact that when the Heat got LeBron-all the talk was about winning titles--- when the Cavs got LeBron all the talk was about how loaded they were with Love and Kyrie. When the Lakers got LeBron we have you talking about their playoff chances. Makes it a LIL, just a LIL more tolerable. lol.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can lock in the Warriors and Rockets as better and sure-fire playoff teams obviously.

I personally think with a year of continuity on OKC, getting rid of Melo, and letting the guys gel, a healthy Roberson etc. that OKC will for sure be a playoff team. They dont have to worry about George's contract and will have a year together- thats big.

I also think that the Jazz- with Mitchell and Gobert a year older and more developed are a sure-fire playoff team. Jazzz missed Gobert quite a bit last year too and still were really good.....They have a deep team with obviously their 2 big guys but also Favors, Rubio, Ingles, Crowder, Burks, Exum --- Grayson Allen is actually fairly NBA ready even though he is not a high ceiling guy.

Those 4 I cant see missing the playoffs under pretty much any circumstances unless they are just slaughtered by injuries.

So that leaves 4 spots for the Blazers, Lakers, Pelicans, Spurs, Nuggets, Timberwolves. 2 good teams are gonna miss the playoffs.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We can lock in the Warriors and Rockets as better and sure-fire playoff teams obviously.

I personally think with a year of continuity on OKC, getting rid of Melo, and letting the guys gel, a healthy Roberson etc. that OKC will for sure be a playoff team. They dont have to worry about George's contract and will have a year together- thats big.

I also think that the Jazz- with Mitchell and Gobert a year older and more developed are a sure-fire playoff team. Jazzz missed Gobert quite a bit last year too and still were really good.....They have a deep team with obviously their 2 big guys but also Favors, Rubio, Ingles, Crowder, Burks, Exum --- Grayson Allen is actually fairly NBA ready even though he is not a high ceiling guy.

Those 4 I cant see missing the playoffs under pretty much any circumstances unless they are just slaughtered by injuries.

So that leaves 4 spots for the Blazers, Lakers, Pelicans, Spurs, Nuggets, Timberwolves. 2 good teams are gonna miss the playoffs.

I pretty much agree but I am tempted to put the Pelicans into that first group.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just enjoy the fact that when the Heat got LeBron-all the talk was about winning titles--- when the Cavs got LeBron all the talk was about how loaded they were with Love and Kyrie. When the Lakers got LeBron we have you talking about their playoff chances. Makes it a LIL, just a LIL more tolerable. lol.

You're not bitter about him leaving at all, are you?

True Lakers Fan

Los Angeles Lakers Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,454.21
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think most Lakers fans have a better understanding of the game in general and understand that winning another title won't be easy. Don't worry in 20 games or less there will few in here demanding that Luke Walton be fired and LeBron traded