• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

calling it now 50 games MIN

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The lakers will win at least 50 games and they can beat houston and OKC. They are well coached (beyond okc and HOU), they have a better starting team than lebron has had in his career (barring maybe the Heat), They match up well, And they have the best player who came up short. Way better than last years Cavs. Look over that bench, its lit. Come at me bruhs.

Homer-ism 101.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No it isn't. I actually have the Lakers winning about 50 games this year. Saying that is the minimum they will win seems a little bold.

Inimical has been on a tear for a little while.

A little bold perhaps, but certainly not "ridiculous homerism".

Depending on the improvement of the kids, health and how much Lebron plays...I can see anywhere from 47-55 wins and most likely a 2nd round exit depending on how the seeding works out.

As for coaching, I'd take Luke over Donovan or D'Antoni.

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was going to be about Minnesota.

:scratch:

DJ

Hoopla Cash
$ 12,946.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Depending on the improvement of the kids, health and how much Lebron plays...I can see anywhere from 47-55 wins and most likely a 2nd round exit depending on how the seeding works out.

Saying they can beat Houston......yeah, that's redunkulous.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought this thread was going to be about Minnesota.

:scratch:

It was the entire reason that I clicked on the link.

For the Wolves, I predict that they are on a 60 game pace for the first half of the season, then all 5 starters entire bodies will disintegrate as they are some how all playing 32 more minutes per game than actual minutes in the game.

Unfortunately the bonus of not having Teague play is not greater than the loss of KAT and Butler....but it is close.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying they can beat Houston......yeah, that's redunkulous.

Not necessarily.

If Houston still had the same roster, I'd agree. But they got worse, especially on defense, and the Lakers would have the best player on the floor.

We also don't know what CP3 has left, but we know he's likely to get hurt at some point.

Not saying it wouldn't be a fairly sizable upset if the Lakers beat them, but it's not crazy to say they could.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In itself, isn't a big deal. But starting a thread claiming that the Lakers will win a minimum of 50 games is a sign of things to come.

As for coaching, I'd take Luke over Donovan or D'Antoni.

That seems to be a pretty accurate win band for the Lakers. Fewer than 47 wins would likely mean that Lebron missed significant time.

Luke looks promising but he still has a lot to prove.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That seems to be a pretty accurate win band for the Lakers. Fewer than 47 wins would likely mean that Lebron missed significant time.

Yeah, he's unlikely to play the minutes he did last year. I expect he'll take a game off here and there. At least I hope he does. Agree about less than 47 wins. It would likely mean that he missed games due to some type of injury.

Luke looks promising but he still has a lot to prove.

No doubt. He's done a nice job bringing along the kids. Now he has the kids, Lebron and some veteran "characters" to deal with. It's going to be interesting to see how he handles all of that.

A lot of this season is going to be about seeing which of the kids are going to be on the team going forward and I expect that to some extent, that includes the coaches too.

Magic has said he really likes Luke, but he also wasn't hired by him. So he isn't invested in him like he would be if Luke was his hire.

It'll be interesting to see if Magic shows the same patience with Luke that Riley showed with Spoelstra when Lebron was in Miami.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No doubt. He's done a nice job bringing along the kids. Now he has the kids, Lebron and some veteran "characters" to deal with. It's going to be interesting to see how he handles all of that.

A lot of this season is going to be about seeing which of the kids are going to be on the team going forward and I expect that to some extent, that includes the coaches too.

Magic has said he really likes Luke, but he also wasn't hired by him. So he isn't invested in him like he would be if Luke was his hire.

It'll be interesting to see if Magic shows the same patience with Luke that Riley showed with Spoelstra when Lebron was in Miami.

Yeah. This is going to be a much different challenge. And the fact that he is only a few years older than Lebron will also make this interesting. Corralling Lebron has been a quick way to get a coach fired but I think that Walton is going to need to do it to some degree.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah. This is going to be a much different challenge. And the fact that he is only a few years older than Lebron will also make this interesting. Corralling Lebron has been a quick way to get a coach fired but I think that Walton is going to need to do it to some degree.

For Luke, I think it's going to be about how confident he is that Magic and Pelinka have his back.

I thought Spoelstra did a nice job of "managing" Lebron. But he knew that Riley was firmly in his corner. Obviously, he had to make some concessions to Lebron, any coach has to with star players. But he was largely able to coach the team his way.

I think Luke just needs to be Luke and see what happens.

Bolts

Depressed Sports Fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 10,019.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Lakers

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck the Lakers

2002WCF2.gif

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have between 47-52 wins for the Lakers this year. If they are on the lower end of that they are probably looking at a 6-8 seed. If they are on the higher end probably a 3-5 seed. Very little difference between 3-9 in the West. And teams like Memphis, Dallas and Phoenix should be significantly better.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think guys like Rondo and Stephenson will be the biggest challenges.

They may feel entitled to minutes.