• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

By definition.........Insanity!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take a team that finished 3-13, convince yourself and others that the issue is the head coach and he's replaced. You're convinced that your team which outside of a 7 game run 2 seasons ago has the chops to perform in a manner unlike anytime beyond that 7 game run. So, what gets you over the top with this juggernaut? You've decided that the team needs tweaking so you add a few "nice" pieces (Hatcher, DJax and Roberts) then take away any advantage that they might give you by adding payday merchants (Clark, Biggers, and Lavaou). You then insist that your franchise QB ruined in prior efforts is the man to lead your team Forgetting the prior 3-13 effort you ride into the new season believing like the battered wife that, this time things will be different. Unfortunately, doing the same thing with the same people (mostly) and expecting a different result, is by definition.....insanity!!!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most everyone on this board was calling for shanahans head and now we get buyers remorse ?

anyone here think that in one off season the skins would be 11-5 and we would be singing kum baya?

if you had those expectations then you were foolish

i was one of the few who predicted a losing record (6-10) and was mocked for it

again i will say this over again , you guys hate snyder but you would run the team just like him

out with allen and gruden after one year and in with a new regime

dont go hog wild over Fa's yet advocate every flavor of the day FA be signed in DC

most forget what they say a year ago

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was talking to a guy today, and he said..."Do you think that Snyder doesn't KNOW that you build a team with a good O-line and D-Line first? He's a billionare with a least some football knowledge"

He was attempting to convince me to believe that his franchise is making so much money, win or lose, that he could care less about what happens. Snyder is never apologizing for performances or in a rush to upgrade personnel positions.
Whoever looks good on paper, is who he'll get.

...As various ex-players will mention, this place is not built for winning "seasons".
I'm not sure the owner can ever fix that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
most everyone on this board was calling for shanahans head and now we get buyers remorse ?

anyone here think that in one off season the skins would be 11-5 and we would be singing kum baya?

if you had those expectations then you were foolish

i was one of the few who predicted a losing record (6-10) and was mocked for it

again i will say this over again , you guys hate snyder but you would run the team just like him

out with allen and gruden after one year and in with a new regime

dont go hog wild over Fa's yet advocate every flavor of the day FA be signed in DC

most forget what they say a year ago

The issue that I have with this is the conflation of the first year of Gruden with the supposed first year of Allen. For the record Allen was named Executive vice president/General manager on December 17, 2009 .

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The issue that I have with this is the conflation of the first year of Gruden with the supposed first year of Allen. For the record Allen was named Executive vice president/General manager on December 17, 2009 .

Sty... that didnt REALLY count because Mike Shanahan had complete and total control. The four years Bruce was here, all he did was play PR front man. He had NOTHING to do with the trade or the mistakes of the Shanahan era. that was all on Mike. Bruce and Dan were just innocent bystanders.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty... that didnt REALLY count because Mike Shanahan had complete and total control. The four years Bruce was here, all he did was play PR front man. He had NOTHING to do with the trade or the mistakes of the Shanahan era. that was all on Mike. Bruce and Dan were just innocent bystanders.

:pound:

Just to be clear, Bruce pulled a Haynesworth on Snyder, when he took the pay and didn't do jack to earn it........classic!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

Just to be clear, Bruce pulled a Haynesworth on Snyder, when he took the pay and didn't do jack to earn it........classic!

He served a very important role those first four years.

Bdorric.jpg

And NOW his role has been increased to this

Ventriloquist_Ramdas_Padhye_with_his_Puppet_Ardhavatrao.jpg

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know what's worse? At every turn where there is a public relations issue to be addressed, the team, especially the GM has no issues making or issuing a public statement, yet in the midst of the on going upheaval, all we get is crickets!!!

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He served a very important role those first four years.

Bdorric.jpg

And NOW his role has been increased to this

Ventriloquist_Ramdas_Padhye_with_his_Puppet_Ardhavatrao.jpg
You know that the "hater" comments are coming. I see it as a fairness issue. That being if it's ok to point out players and their weaknesses then those allowing that, should be able to face that same glaring spotlight.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
can anyone deny that allen did very well with the cap ?

and we will see about puppets soon enough :suds:

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Know what's worse? At every turn where there is a public relations issue to be addressed, the team, especially the GM has no issues making or issuing a public statement, yet in the midst of the on going upheaval, all we get is crickets!!!

Sty, I know you have a real hard on for Allen and I honestly find it difficult to defend him on some things, but it is not unusual for the FO to stay silent during the season about on field decisions by the HC. To speak out would only serve to undermine that HC. While everyone wants to hear from Allen/Snyder about the state of the team, the QB controversy, the status of Gruden, but what could they possibly say during this season that would make things better? All it would do is feed the media as they analyze every word to determine who they support and who is getting the axe. It would just spark a whole new round of gossip, rumors and arm chair QBs second guessing every move. It is best they stay quiet to the public until after the season.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty, I know you have a real hard on for Allen and I honestly find it difficult to defend him on some things, but it is not unusual for the FO to stay silent during the season about on field decisions by the HC. To speak out would only serve to undermine that HC. While everyone wants to hear from Allen/Snyder about the state of the team, the QB controversy, the status of Gruden, but what could they possibly say during this season that would make things better? All it would do is feed the media as they analyze every word to determine who they support and who is getting the axe. It would just spark a whole new round of gossip, rumors and arm chair QBs second guessing every move. It is best they stay quiet to the public until after the season.

This is not the first time that you've made a reference to my anatomical reactions toward Bruce Allen. As simplistic as that is, my issues with him has more to do with the harm that he's causing my hometown team than anything at such a visceral level.

In defense of the name....Snyder/Allen each made public pronouncements which elicited both pro and con responses.

During the turmoil of a season ago Allen made public announcements in order to give the public a sense that the ship was not rudderless.

There was a "Homecoming" ceremony well publicized and promoted by this front office.

Many many reports that the meddling continued this season around the QB and denials from the same.

I could go on and with this group, however, even if you discounted everything that I've just listed, there is one overwhelming reason that we should hear from B.A, D.S. or both. Last season the team finished 3-13 and seem well on the way to repeat that dubious feat. Attendance is down and the resale of home ticket prices could be had for less than the price of a happy meal. Confidence is approaching an all time low, a magnificent achievement given the history of this ownership group. Nationally, they are, as we speak, totally irrelevant and spoken of as punchlines in jokes.

So why should they speak now? Because for those in the public eye, they cannot afford the cost of allowing others to define them. Their silence leaves a void that like it or not will be filled by others. In Snyder terms the future is at stake. Kids who will grow to be paying customers are currently finding it comfortable to align themselves with winning programs now and will remain loyal to those teams in time. This team is bleeding fan loyalty, even among the die hards. Someone has to step forward to take responsibility, reassure the public and yes, be willing to withstand the blowback. Just as in the name change debate he defended his brand, he or his representative must answer the call again. As I said the future is at stake.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is not the first time that you've made a reference to my anatomical reactions toward Bruce Allen. As simplistic as that is, my issues with him has more to do with the harm that he's causing my hometown team than anything at such a visceral level.

In defense of the name....Snyder/Allen each made public pronouncements which elicited both pro and con responses.

During the turmoil of a season ago Allen made public announcements in order to give the public a sense that the ship was not rudderless.

There was a "Homecoming" ceremony well publicized and promoted by this front office.

Many many reports that the meddling continued this season around the QB and denials from the same.

I could go on and with this group, however, even if you discounted everything that I've just listed, there is one overwhelming reason that we should hear from B.A, D.S. or both. Last season the team finished 3-13 and seem well on the way to repeat that dubious feat. Attendance is down and the resale of home ticket prices could be had for less than the price of a happy meal. Confidence is approaching an all time low, a magnificent achievement given the history of this ownership group. Nationally, they are, as we speak, totally irrelevant and spoken of as punchlines in jokes.

So why should they speak now? Because for those in the public eye, they cannot afford the cost of allowing others to define them. Their silence leaves a void that like it or not will be filled by others. In Snyder terms the future is at stake. Kids who will grow to be paying customers are currently finding it comfortable to align themselves with winning programs now and will remain loyal to those teams in time. This team is bleeding fan loyalty, even among the die hards. Someone has to step forward to take responsibility, reassure the public and yes, be willing to withstand the blowback. Just as in the name change debate he defended his brand, he or his representative must answer the call again. As I said the future is at stake.
Q
And if you were him, what would you say?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Q
And if you were him, what would you say?

For the record.....I'm not him, that said, there comes a time in every man's life where reality trumps idealism. We often rail against our fathers and the old way of doing things only to realize where applicable that they didn't do things their way either but rather because through trail and error an inevitable conclusion was reached. That in effect is where Dan Snyder finds himself. He has tried gallantly to win in all ways except the tried and true.

This is what the public is waiting for him to say......"I've done my best to be a good steward of this once proud franchise. I have come to the realization that a new but time tested approach to winning must be instituted and that begins effective immediately. I have begun the restructuring of my organizations beginning with myself. Where before my love for this team caused me to react, that will henceforth be responsibility of those that I hire and trust to do the work. Further, I am conferring with and studying the programs of two organizations that have used this approach with great success, the New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers. In the coming days and weeks ahead there is much work to be done. We ask for our loyal fans to be a bit more patient with us, in return we pledge to rebuild and return this franchise in a manner befitting our fans loyalty throughout the years. We will consider changes at every level and aspects relating to Washington football. "

Something like that.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the record.....I'm not him, that said, there comes a time in every man's life where reality trumps idealism. We often rail against our fathers and the old way of doing things only to realize where applicable that they didn't do things their way either but rather because through trail and error an inevitable conclusion was reached. That in effect is where Dan Snyder finds himself. He has tried gallantly to win in all ways except the tried and true.

This is what the public is waiting for him to say......"I've done my best to be a good steward of this once proud franchise. I have come to the realization that a new but time tested approach to winning must be instituted and that begins effective immediately. I have begun the restructuring of my organizations beginning with myself. Where before my love for this team caused me to react, that will henceforth be responsibility of those that I hire and trust to do the work. Further, I am conferring with and studying the programs of two organizations that have used this approach with great success, the New England Patriots and the Pittsburgh Steelers. In the coming days and weeks ahead there is much work to be done. We ask for our loyal fans to be a bit more patient with us, in return we pledge to rebuild and return this franchise in a manner befitting our fans loyalty throughout the years. We will consider changes at every level and aspects relating to Washington football. "

Something like that.
Id have no problem with that statement, in fact I would welcome it. But there is the issue of timing. Gruden is still trying to win games (theoretically). My point is that any talk of restructuring (and that is basically what you propose) needs to wait until after the season. Otherwise it only will serve to distract and be a disservice to your HC. This would bring more scrutiny around Snyder and the team as to what were snyders motivations for doing this now, etc....

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id have no problem with that statement, in fact I would welcome it. But there is the issue of timing. Gruden is still trying to win games (theoretically). My point is that any talk of restructuring (and that is basically what you propose) needs to wait until after the season. Otherwise it only will serve to distract and be a disservice to your HC. This would bring more scrutiny around Snyder and the team as to what were snyders motivations for doing this now, etc....

Under ordinary circumstances I would agree with you, however, nearly two consecutive 3-13 seasons flies in the face of ordinary. The time for this has long passed, and any talk of distraction must answer the question........from what, more of the same? Nope, sometimes distractions are healthy, no more so than in this case where continued futility is replaced with a glimmer of hope.