• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burnett...SS or FS?

Ojb81

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Welcome-Aboard-Devid-Tennant-On-Doctor-Who.gif

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This might piss in some cheerios... But puts it into perspective. I'd love to see the coverage stats (PBUs, & Passer ratings when targeted)

This is kinda like the Troy vs Ed Reed thing...Mitchell was in a FS role here, Burnett was in a SS role in GB.

I still think Davis with his flaws is a better FS than Mitchell at this point...hopefully they still do draft a true FS type player and that will create some good competition back there.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bigger question a 3 year/14.5 million how does that fit under their cap?

If they retain Wilcox, we know it has to be back loaded as Face mentioned...else, Wilcox is gone unless something else is done for cap relief.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...we have several months for this to unfold, but I do understand that Burnett will indeed play the SS position and Davis is moving to FS.

Apparently, there are coaches on the staff that think FS is the best position for Davis...but regardless of position, he needs to have a good season.

This tells me for sure there will be a S in this draft and I think round 1 or 2 likely.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...we have several months for this to unfold, but I do understand that Burnett will indeed play the SS position and Davis is moving to FS.

Apparently, there are coaches on the staff that think FS is the best position for Davis...but regardless of position, he needs to have a good season.

This tells me for sure there will be a S in this draft and I think round 1 or 2 likely.
Yep they need to draft for the future of that position. But if Davis is really viewed as a FS then that would vault Ronnie Harrison up my draft board (behind Reid). Unless they think the transition for Davis is temporary? They cannot think they'll get too many seasons out of Morgan Burnett. He's 29 years old and has been playing like a LBer throughout his career in GB. Hard to imagine his body holding up much longer.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep they need to draft for the future of that position. But if Davis is really viewed as a FS then that would vault Ronnie Harrison up my draft board (behind Reid). Unless they think the transition for Davis is temporary? They cannot think they'll get too many seasons out of Morgan Burnett. He's 29 years old and has been playing like a LBer throughout his career in GB. Hard to imagine his body holding up much longer.

Yep...they have to be ready for a rookie contract to take over either SS or FS in '19. Barring injury, Tomlin is most likely going to give Burnett the '18 season for sure and probably the '19 season if his play is solid this season...so the opportunity for a S draft pick to get on the field might be nickel or dime or run out Davis at FS.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep...they have to be ready for a rookie contract to take over either SS or FS in '19. Barring injury, Tomlin is most likely going to give Burnett the '18 season for sure and probably the '19 season if his play is solid this season...so the opportunity for a S draft pick to get on the field might be nickel or dime or run out Davis at FS.
Davis' transition to FS also makes me want to draft Jessie Bates in the 2nd Rd that much more if we miss out on Evans! lol. He's much more of a SS anyways.