• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Burfict

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Understanding the guy is usually cool and collected, but seeing what your teammates can get away with may also dictate how any player on this team, or any team for that fact, can react to any situation.
Thus far we've seen kicking a guy in the helmet cleats up is acceptable, now we've seen grabbing and individual in a choke hold from behind is acceptable. Where does the NFL draw the line??
I believe in the movie the longest yard, brass knuckles were used by inmates. Is this the next step, or does it go farther.
Its very difficult to draw the line. Definitely feels more individually based, but not when you consider how Burfict "got away" with the recent kick to Rosie's helmet. Yes he was fined, but a larger fine or even a suspension seemed more warranted given Burfict's history.

I'm ok with Green getting off the hook. He doesn't have a history and I'd be willing to bet my life's savings that it would never happen again. Don't know why they chose to suspend Evans though. Don't recall him ever having any history with these sort of incidents? Burfict on the other hand has proven he gives zero fucks about fines or suspensions.

So yea... It's like being asked to decipher the written chinese language. Good luck

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cincygrad

Tad bit ridiculous that he got ejected over this. But like we've been saying, repeat offender on a short leash won't get the leniency from the NFL.

Psych-Ward

Padded cells optional
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cincygrad

Tad bit ridiculous that he got ejected over this. But like we've been saying, repeat offender on a short leash won't get the leniency from the NFL.

That was one of the more docile things he has done, but at this point I'm sure if he sneezes in the direction of an official they have been told to toss him.
It's a tough lesson but he'll learn or he'll be on the outside looking in.

cincygrad

Offensive Line Consultant
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@cincygrad

Nail on the head.

This is his life. He either changes or he doesn't play. He got called for a bullshit personal foul a few plays before, but he didn't need to "run into" the guy out of bounds. He just does this shit because it's what he does.

NorthCoastSteelersFan

Sleep...now.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if you can't say something nice about someone.........

...you're probably talking about Vontaze Burfict.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vid won't play for me and I only know what they said on the NFL Network last night, so I don't know if audio caught anything or not but cincygrad may know. Did he say anything to the official as he pushed his arm/hand away? Could it be a carryover from that earlier personnel foul call???

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The vid won't play for me and I only know what they said on the NFL Network last night, so I don't know if audio caught anything or not but cincygrad may know. Did he say anything to the official as he pushed his arm/hand away? Could it be a carryover from that earlier personnel foul call???

I haven't heard anything about audio. I think the refs were pretty jumpy about the personal foul and obviously about the ejection.

That said, Burfict didn't need to bump the guy on the personal foul. Those that are apologizing for him on that play are ignoring that reality. It was one of his 'oops, I bumped into the guy' bullshit moves.

Ewa PGH Fan

Glade City, PA
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't heard anything about audio. I think the refs were pretty jumpy about the personal foul and obviously about the ejection.

That said, Burfict didn't need to bump the guy on the personal foul. Those that are apologizing for him on that play are ignoring that reality. It was one of his 'oops, I bumped into the guy' bullshit moves.
OK. Just wild speculating on his maybe saying something to the ref on my part. He should realize by now that the ref's are on to his 'oops' moves but it doesn't seem that he is. I wonder if there will be any additional punishment by the league office (fine and/or suspension). You'd think he'd get a one game suspension like Beast Mode did for bumping a ref but league discipline is so hit or miss that you never know what they'll do.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Slurp Juice"

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get the point of the article. He's saying he took drugs to help with a concussion. He did have a concussion (its illegal that he did so he will be suspended). I haven't seen any sort of quote from Burfict calling JuJu out or anything.

BTW -- JuJu is going to get himself or another teammate hurt. I'm not saying it's right, but you guys know how Burfict behaves. He'll be headhunting next fall.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really get the point of the article. He's saying he took drugs to help with a concussion. He did have a concussion (its illegal that he did so he will be suspended). I haven't seen any sort of quote from Burfict calling JuJu out or anything.

BTW -- JuJu is going to get himself or another teammate hurt. I'm not saying it's right, but you guys know how Burfict behaves. He'll be headhunting next fall.
Well it was an indirect implication of sorts. He didn't straight up say JuJu's name, but the concussion was from him so he was implicated.

I agree. Not smart to poke the bear & give him ulterior motives when he already has plenty to hate the Steelers for.

Side note... After the suspension nullified his contract guarantees, do you think Cincy takes the out? Heard the Raiders were interested but talks have stalled after the suspension hit the media.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it was an indirect implication of sorts. He didn't straight up say JuJu's name, but the concussion was from him so he was implicated.

I agree. Not smart to poke the bear & give him ulterior motives when he already has plenty to hate the Steelers for.

Side note... After the suspension nullified his contract guarantees, do you think Cincy takes the out? Heard the Raiders were interested but talks have stalled after the suspension hit the media.

I don't believe there was anything to the rumor to begin with.... The Bengals writers said that the twitter "report" was basically all bullshit - Made up by a news guy looking for attention. Marvin is a Burfict apologist. If a new coach were here, I'd buy the idea that they want to get rid of him. Given that Marvin forgives him time and again, I think they plan to keep him.

I do think Burfict is going to do something cheap (even by his standards) against the Steelers next year if given the chance. That should get him thrown out of the league for the rest of the 12 games he's eligible.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't believe there was anything to the rumor to begin with.... The Bengals writers said that the twitter "report" was basically all bullshit - Made up by a news guy looking for attention. Marvin is a Burfict apologist. If a new coach were here, I'd buy the idea that they want to get rid of him. Given that Marvin forgives him time and again, I think they plan to keep him.

I do think Burfict is going to do something cheap (even by his standards) against the Steelers next year if given the chance. That should get him thrown out of the league for the rest of the 12 games he's eligible.
At the rate he's been going I could see that happening. And after the cheapshot embarrassment from JuJu I'm sure he's going to be out for blood this year. The fuse has already been lit, now it's only a matter of time before he does something to get himself kicked out of the league. I'll pray that he doesn't severely injure anyone, Steeler or not.

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note... his 4 game suspension, if it stands, will forfeit him nearly $1.7mil. His base salary this season is $3.8mil. That's almost half his base salary this year. However it pales in comparison when you account for $4.86mil in bonuses this season (signing, roster & workout incentives). Still that's nearly 20% of his total income this year.

cincygrad

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note... his 4 game suspension, if it stands, will forfeit him nearly $1.7mil. His base salary this season is $3.8mil. That's almost half his base salary this year. However it pales in comparison when you account for $4.86mil in bonuses this season (signing, roster & workout incentives). Still that's nearly 20% of his total income this year.

I suppose it's tax deductable.... The NFL donates the money - This should count as a charitable donation, no? LOL!

FaCe-LeE-uS

ΔΣΦ
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,513.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I suppose it's tax deductable.... The NFL donates the money - This should count as a charitable donation, no? LOL!
Now there's an optimistic take... Burfict doesn't mind getting suspended w/o pay because he wants to donate to charity.

:lol: