• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buffaloes resume play today.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Buffaloes are off to a 2-0 start, and while there is reason for optimism, fans know to manage expectations. The game with Fresno State was cancelled due to the floods, so the Buffs pick up today with Oregon State who comes in at 2-1.

Now Fresno State put a hurtin' on Colorado last year with a final score of 69-14. The fact they scored such a "low" number of points is a testament to the sportsmanship of the Fresno State coaching staff. They could have easily rolled up 90+ in that one. But this year's team went into that game with a lot of confidence, only to have the game postponed. It is questionable the Buffs are even going to get to make it up this year or find a 12th opponent. They may be stuck with 11 games, which will be a problem should they finish 5-6. The truth is I don't think too many people expect them to be that good.

The program is steering in the right direction, but this is also a strong year for the Pac-12. Now the team looked good in a 41-27 win over Colorado State. They played sloppy at home against FCS Central Arkansas, but they still won by a count of 38-24. The takeaway from this game is the Buffs have found ways to lose these games in the past, including a 30-28 loss to Sacramento State last year.

So the Buffaloes reach 2-0. I think they would have made a high spirited appearance against the Bulldogs, but I suspect Fresno State would have won that game. There is no way of knowing. Now the Buffs take it on the road after a postponement and a bye week. It is hard to imagine this team not being rusty. I suspect they are going to get off to a slow start and the Beavers are going to take advantage. The Buffs will make a run late, but it will fall short as time expires.

The Buffaloes are heading in the right direction, but it may not show up in the W-L column right away. I say Oregon State takes this one. Final score: Beavers 34, Buffaloes 30.

iknowftbll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I was right about the Buffs starting slow. I suppose where I went wrong is I assumed they would get started at some point.

Buffs 2-1 with the Ducks coming to Boulder next week. Go Buffs!