• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Buffalo Bills Ongoing Thread

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dennison out as offensive coordinator. Sounds good to me.

Two names per PFW that may be options: Mike Shula and Mike McCoy. Neither is all that interesting IMO, and both were fired (again) this season. Rob Chudzinski has also been mentioned as a possibility. Panther links may lead to Shula (or Chudzinski).

Brian Daboll (Alabama OC) has McDermott ties when both were at William & Mary.

John DeFillipo is more interesting to me, currently the Eagles QB coach who is developing Wentz.

Matt Canada (LSU OC) worked previously with Peterman and is an innovative play caller.

Last edited:

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chud would be a good choice, IMO.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCoy would be fine, he's a pretty good OC, I have no idea why the Broncos fired him...I mean who can do much on offense with those QBs and a horrible offensive line???

Chud would be fine

Daboll would be very interesting and John DeFillipo would be a good option

Please don't hire Shula

Panthers drafted some interesting playmakers in McCaffrey and Curtis Samuel and Shula was clueless on what to do with them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and the OC is...

Brian Daboll

Interestingly, he already owns a home in Buffalo. He's an area guy, born in Ontario, CA, played college football at the University of Rochester, etc. Has been a Patriots assistant and reportedly worked parts of the Patriots offense into Alabama's offense this past season and helped develop Hurts.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...and the OC is...

Brian Daboll

Interestingly, he already owns a home in Buffalo. He's an area guy, born in Ontario, CA, played college football at the University of Rochester, etc. Has been a Patriots assistant and reportedly worked parts of the Patriots offense into Alabama's offense this past season and helped develop Hurts.

Or at least tried to, Hurts is never going to know how to throw a football more than 10 yards. I guess his offense looked good in the championship game once they switched QBs so maybe that's a better indication.

He has a good pedigree with who he's worked with, his offense is kind of a mystery because he just needed to not mess up at Alabama

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or at least tried to, Hurts is never going to know how to throw a football more than 10 yards. I guess his offense looked good in the championship game once they switched QBs so maybe that's a better indication.

He has a good pedigree with who he's worked with, his offense is kind of a mystery because he just needed to not mess up at Alabama

Well, to be fair he had the backup kid Tua Tagovailoa ready to go as well.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, to be fair he had the backup kid Tua Tagovailoa ready to go as well.

I didn't watch honestly, but judging by the comeback he did really well with what was the backup QB

I did read he was the one that convinced Saban to make the QB change also

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch honestly, but judging by the comeback he did really well with what was the backup QB

I did read he was the one that convinced Saban to make the QB change also

Might be a sign that the Bills will either keep Tyrod or consider drafting Lamar Jackson, as Tua is a 2-way threat at QB, but with a quality arm (unlike Hurts).

The offense was non-existent under Hurts in that game, but Tua came in and lit a fire under them and took over the game. I'll be interested to see how Tua performs next year (if/when he wins the starting job) once teams are preparing game plans to stop him.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Might be a sign that the Bills will either keep Tyrod or consider drafting Lamar Jackson, as Tua is a 2-way threat at QB, but with a quality arm (unlike Hurts).

The offense was non-existent under Hurts in that game, but Tua came in and lit a fire under them and took over the game. I'll be interested to see how Tua performs next year (if/when he wins the starting job) once teams are preparing game plans to stop him.

I don't know if Daboll is really a coach that looks for a two way threat at QB, he actually worked with one of the other offensive assistants on some of the read option plays. He mostly just went with the cards he was dealt. I think he will look for some mobility though, Baker Mayfield could be an option, Josh Allen has struggled at times in the senior bowl but someone's going to take him early. Allen's accuracy is a bit rough but his arm power is amazing, and he will work hard to fix the footwork portion of his game.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Big fan of our move to sign Vontae Davis to a one year deal

he was a good shutdown corner for a while before injuries hit him last year.

no risk so maybe we'll luck out and have him for the majority of the games

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably replaces Gaines, who was solid last year but also had injury issues.

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably replaces Gaines, who was solid last year but also had injury issues.

I'd say he's an upgrade and probably was cheaper

we still need to find some depth and a slot corner

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, more bad news. Richie Incognito announced his retirement today due to stress and his liver and kidneys shutting down. It also sounds like he wasn't too happy with his contract restructure, so he may be trying to find some leverage. Time to move on.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, more bad news. Richie Incognito announced his retirement today due to stress and his liver and kidneys shutting down. It also sounds like he wasn't too happy with his contract restructure, so he may be trying to find some leverage. Time to move on.

Damn. We're toast. I think we have to trade Shady before we can't.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn. We're toast. I think we have to trade Shady before we can't.

I think we're already past that. How much are they going to get for a 30 year old RB? Better off keeping him and getting that production this year, but better have a RB target in mind at some point in this draft.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we're already past that. How much are they going to get for a 30 year old RB? Better off keeping him and getting that production this year, but better have a RB target in mind at some point in this draft.

IDK, someone close to competing might have big eyes for him.

Giants?
Seahawks?
Bucs?
Raiders seem to be taking up a collection. ;)

Tough to do for sure. But Shady and 90-something to get up in the 60's with our 65th could be plausible. :noidea:

BoiseStateFan27

Sir Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 364.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely can't take a QB, not with the gaping crater that is our devastated offensive line

we need to keep our picks now as we have to take no less than 4 offensive linemen this year

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We definitely can't take a QB, not with the gaping crater that is our devastated offensive line

we need to keep our picks now as we have to take no less than 4 offensive linemen this year

C'mon, that's a hot take if I ever saw one. Groy will be the starting C (or LG now if a center is drafted). LT is set with Dawkins (could be improved, but this isn't necessarily the draft to do so, a weak class for LT). RG and RT will, at worst, be the same pair that they got to the playoffs with last year (plus Newhouse will compete at RT).

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, that's a hot take if I ever saw one. Groy will be the starting C (or LG now if a center is drafted). LT is set with Dawkins (could be improved, but this isn't necessarily the draft to do so, a weak class for LT). RG and RT will, at worst, be the same pair that they got to the playoffs with last year (plus Newhouse will compete at RT).

Groy is probably shooting for LG. Bodine coming over with A.J. makes sense for snap comfort. He's probably not that good blocking wise, but it's not like that would be an outlier. I'm hoping our three picks in 50's and 60's gobble up three linemen. And emphasis on "at worst" for RT...if Newhouse can't win that job, then he was our worst signing...because Mills can't see the field if we expect a pocket passing QB.