• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Bronson Arroyo and Touki Toussaint traded to Braves

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Braves Acquire Bronson Arroyo, Touki Toussaint - MLB Trade Rumors

Very surprised they dumped Toussaint to save money. He is an extremely highly rated pitching prospect that I thought supposedly had ace potential. Oh well, just another incidence of the Diamondbacks organization throwing away pitching prospects for nothing. This is ridiculous. The team still has no true ace and they threw away yet another prospect. I have no idea what this team wants to do. Do they want to win? Are they ever going to trade for an ace or a real closer? Such a disappointment.

Jonas_steven

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They claimed they had enough high level pitching to make a deal at the lower level. Then come draft time, all you hear is that you "can't have enough pitching at every level." I expected this from towers, not from Stewart and la Russa!

BPNAZ

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
a 19 yr old that throws hard with a plus curve

nahhhhh

tuffydahog

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am okay with trading Toussaint if he is part of a package for an ace. But a salary dump? Are you kidding me! Inexcusable. The only way this makes sense if this is a precursor to another move where the Diamondbacks acquire an ace (and hopefully a closer too). So in reality, you get an ace by trading Toussaint and some other young talent. However, if that is not the case, and this move was done entirely to save money, the organization should be ashamed of itself. I would hate to see him become one of the best pitchers in baseball on another team with the Diamondbacks having nothing to show for it. That would be really bad. Hopefully that is not the case and the team acquires an ace. That would be great. The team needs a reliable ace.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had a night to sleep on this dumbass trade & I still woke up pissed off. :mad2::mad2::mad2:

johnson

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the kind of trade that makes Kevin Towers look like a genius. Stewart should be fired on this trade alone. Was there nobody in a room anywhere for this decision-making process that was screaming on a chair not to do this? Hard to fathom a front office compiled exclusively of idiots, but AZ may have done it.

Davis_Mike

You can never have too many knives.
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even though Stewart said a mandate from the owners to reduce payroll didn't happen, that is the only explanation for this trade. At least with KT, even when we lost a trade when he traded highly ranked prospects, he got something in return. We basically sold our #5 prospect for $10 mil & a utility INF.