• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos sign AJ Johnson

Orange Crush77

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Ray, but it’s time to keep it moving and get what we can

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that goes gets a KC tattoo would have been cut or traded the second I would have heard of it. Had I been Elway

I get you guys all like . Neat and nice . I will not call him what he is . or use words that will burn LGMs eyes .

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone that goes gets a KC tattoo would have been cut or traded the second I would have heard of it. Had I been Elway

I get you guys all like . Neat and nice . I will not call him what he is . or use words that will burn LGMs eyes .

Now why stop there? Burning eyes are so fun.

th-1.jpg

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That's stupid. He's from KC, why can't he get a tattoo of his hometown? He's proud of his town, what's wrong with that? You come up with some of the most ridiculous reasons to dislike a person I've ever seen. It's stupid.

And if you were an adult with a child, you'd realize that others read this board, and don't necessarily want to read the kind of crap you just spouted. In fact, you used to chastise others for being insensitive to others; how about your take your own medicine and calm down.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's stupid. He's from KC, why can't he get a tattoo of his hometown? He's proud of his town, what's wrong with that? You come up with some of the most ridiculous reasons to dislike a person I've ever seen. It's stupid.

And if you were an adult with a child, you'd realize that others read this board, and don't necessarily want to read the kind of crap you just spouted. In fact, you used to chastise others for being insensitive to others; how about your take your own medicine and calm down.

Did I not say I would JA?

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you didn't. You said you wouldn't call him what he is.
I said I would not burn your eyes again .get over yourself. You make it like I cuss a lot in this forum once a year at best. If you are so worried about your kid change you handle it sucks and is rather gross! I would feel like a loser

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said I would not burn your eyes again .get over yourself. You make it like I cuss a lot in this forum once a year at best. If you are so worried about your kid change you handle it sucks and is rather gross! I would feel like a loser

#triggered.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It will be interesting going forward to see if he makes the team (probably talented enough to make it) or if we try to get him to the PS. Another team might sign him away like Sloter last year. It is going to be interesting as cuts get closer.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With as talented as Johnson was in college and as much interest as he had to be signed, if we cut him he will be claimed. Someone will stack him away as one of the 7 inactives until he gets going. I think we either have to keep him or store him on IR if we want to keep him around.

All else fails some team will claim him and let him sit on the week 1 roster because his contract will be cheap and guaranteed for the season. and if he isn't ready to go they will then cut him and try to keep them on their PS and likely will do so since he will already be in town with that team.

I think we will have one shot with AJ Johnson if we cut him we lose him. He was way too good in college and knowing he had 10 other offers he knows that if Denver isn't high enough on him to store him on the active roster even need be one of the 7 inactives then he is gonna bounce elsewhere. Just my opinion.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$50K signing bonus. Maybe biggest ever given out by Broncos for a CFA

26 years old
Has not played football since nov 2014
3 straight all SEC.

The signing bonus says Broncos will do everything to keep him.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he is here to at the least store as one of the 7 inactive until he gets back up to speed. Let's keep in mind this is a guy who was considered early 2nd round. Stayed because he wanted to get into the top 15 which seemed very reachable, then his life fell apart.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said he was an upgrade over the guy we cut and I get crap ..this is to much work posting in this joint.

See yall in Hollywood .

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
watching his tape in 2012 and i woulda given him an undraftable grade. Watching 2014 vs OKLA and improved for sure. Dude still is slow and lacks COD ability. BIG hitter but LBs are getting smaller and more athletic by the year. Gonna have to do a better job getting off blocks and filling run lanes and show better movement skills because he looks clunky when having to cover or go sideline to sideline. Also doesn't have that ability to close when he plants his foot and goes, saw it both in pursuit and in coverage... I do enjoy his tenacity and emotion and effort though and am very encouraged how much better he looked in 2014 compared to 2012.

I only watched OKLA game from 2014 but he looks like a late day 2 early day 3 player to me as a SILB in a 3-2. And I don't mean that as a negative... that has value. Just don't think he was ever really flirting with being a first round pick. Will have to watch more though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do appreciate when people use their own opinion and give you kudos for that. Good work. Do watch more, tell us what you see.

He had a round 2 national grade before his issues.

Last edited:

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, let me go back and check my national draft grades his JR year. That was awhile back, I want to make sure I am giving accurate information because i know there was a reason with his draft grade why he stayed at UT, and if he was given early round 2 I feel he would have gone early. Hang tight. Have to dig it up in my email.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My bad. A.J. Johnson was given an early round 3 grade after his JR year. Evaluation gave him what he needed to work on and evaluated him as a rd 1 to 2 talent if he returned and worked on those things. A.J. wasn’t going to leave unless he got a round 1 grade as a JR. You have to give the guy some props. He was willing to work for a better draft status. Most players will declare thinking they can prove that draft grade wrong in one off-season. AJ was smart about it and was willing to give it the year he had left of eligibility, so seems to be some work ethic/mindset there. A lot of guys would have gone in his situation thinking they could climb with good workout numbers as most guys aren’t honest with themselves.