• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Broncos 2019 NFL Draft

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DkvEgHqUUAAt98D.jpg

DkwEofFV4AA978H.jpg

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let know turn this into an Iowa love fest

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of Iowa prospects. How about Iowa State?

RB David Montgomery will likely declare and go high.
WR Hakeem Butler
QB Kyle Kempt, maybe not next level tools, but he is a fun story.
CB Brian Peavy can play the nickel in the NFL

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts as we head into preseason week 4 game

Right now if I had to rank roster need from a 3 year window (excluding QB cuz I'm at wait and see with Kelly)

1. CB
CHJ aint getting younger. Roby is solid but is he a true number 1? idk. And about to hit market. IDK if Yiadom ever is more than solid, and Denver scheme likes to have 3 man corners. So CB is a need and a position to target early. As of now though, 2019 CB class looks like dog poop. Only guy I like is Greedy Williams from LSU but CB is a young man's position. I expect more to step up (keeping eyes on Kris Boyd TEX, Michael Jackson MIAMI, and Kendall Sheffield OSU)

2. OT
Bolles looks better but still making mental mistakes (see Schefter film clip on Twitter for great example). Still, a viable OT either at LT or maybe RT going forward. Cyrus Kounandjio looking solid but only LT and I believe just one year contract. Veldheer stabilizing RT but 1) Old 2) injury history 3) contract up at end of year. There seem to be a good crop of OTs coming up this year as well! Jonah Williams Alabama, Yodney Cajuste WVU, Bobby Evans Okla, Trey Adams WASH, David Edwards WISC, Greg Little Ole Miss, Tyree St. Louis Miami. Excited to watch these guys

3. ILB
Jewell will be a starter sooner than later but I expect Marshall gone after this year. Also Davis is a guy that needs to be pushed as well. I am starved for a true 3 down LB that can come down and stack/shed vs blockers and fill in the run game, be athletic enough to pursue sideline to sideline, and mostly be a viable man cover linebacker (NOT ZONE). Some names I am watching are Mack Wilson ALA, Devin Bush MICH, Paddy Fischer NW, Devin White (<3) LSU, Joe Giles-Harris Duke, Tuf Boreland OSU

4. DL
DL is one of the deepest positions on the Broncos, but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be considered. First, Peko and Wolfe are on the decline. Peko will be a FA in the offseason and Wolfe could be a cap casualty in a year or two (some talk of retirement as well if injuries crop up... just murmurs...). Also I really like Gotsis and Harris but both have just two years left on their deal (Gotsis will be 4th year of contract next year and Harris will be RFA set to be UFA in 2020). It normally takes a year for DL to develop, so any DL drafted in 2019 will be be rotational in 2019 and expected to step in huge role in 2020. Also this DL class is just OMFG WOW good. Seriously. I see Oprah in my mind during the draft being like "you get a defensive lineman. And you get a defensive lineman. and YOU get a defensive lineman. EVERYONE GETS A DEFENSIVE LINEMAN!!!". Ed Oliver Houston, Jeffrey Simmons Miss St, Raekwon Davis ALA, Rashan Gary MICH, Dexter Lawrence CLEM, Christian Wilkins CLEM, Dre'mont Jones OSU, Rashad Lawrence LSU, Derrick Brown Auburn, DeMarcus Christmas FSU, John Tillery ND. Im all about that DL though, so I could be biased.

Could also see TE or WR a need given the team seems to be ramping up to move on from ES and/or DT very soon. I have faith in Sutton as the X receiver but really want a Z that can stretch the field and put Hamilton as a high end WR3 and play him mostly in slot. Also the 2019 WR class looks LOADED. Really so many good ones coming up. TE is a need because Butt has been underwhelming (especially in blocking. Yikes) and Heuerman is about to be a free agent. Both Kelly and Keenum love the TE and working the middle of the field, so having a TE to trust is huge. Also Musgraves wants to run and be physical up front. That happens with TEs more so than WRs. A great TE is the ultimate mismatch.

Im expecting Denver to be picking somewhere between 14-22 (7-9 to 9-7) so many different ways they could go. However, if you know me, I want defense or OL... Stay true to the identity.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dr Cyanide 28

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Michigan LB Devin Bush

I don't! haha I feel like he is out of position so often... great speed and tenacity but the mental processor is a tick slow and he is sooo small... if you want small take that other Michigan guy... that viper... Khaleke Hudson... more of a dimebacker but apparently he is up to 220

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other than the size factor I disagee. He is listed at 5’11” 235. I am guessing more like 5’10”/ 225. Reminds me a ton of Ian Gold coming out. He is always around the ball, has great speed. Sheds blocks well.

Hudson has never stood out to me ill watch more. Michigan really struggled when Bush was out with cramps.

His size is surely a knock but he’s a baller and his short height at LB shouln’t be a huge concern givin his speed, strength, ability to tackle and bulk. He needs about 10 lbs to get up to his listed weight then he will be fine.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington OT Trey Adams with a significant knee injury.

Miami WR Ahmmon Ricards hurt again. Way overrated prospect IMO. Always hurt and productivity isn’t there for me. Good tools so I get it but....

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did somebody tell the Hawkeyes they have to play both halves of a football game?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh- not like they played rotten in the first half. Northern Illinois is not a bad team. Iowa down 4 starters including two starting OT’s against a very good DL ill take it. Definitely need to pass the ball better though. The D was really pretty spectacular the entire game.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My favorite WR in this years draft class N'Keal Harry of Arizona State had another great game as did my second favorite in AJ Brown.

Two key draft injuries to keep an eye on

Minnesota RB Rodney Smith
Oklahoma RB Rodney Anderson

Both injuried knees. Anderson is very good, but constantly hurt. He needed a healthy season. He was a top 1 or 2 RB going into this year if he could stay healthy. Smith is a good college back, probably a mid round 3rd down back in the NFL.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a huge man crush on Clemson FR QB Trevor Lawrence and he has barley played yet.