• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Brian Mitchell -WVU Secondary Coach poached by VT

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Played with the Falcons for a few years after a career BYU. Coached at BYU for 11 years and had stops at Texas Tech, was brought to ECU with Ruffin McNeill and most recently coached in Morgantown with our hated rival, where he has put several players in the league.

Good hire for the good guys IMO. He looks to be a good coach. A lot of people dogging it because of his lack of great recruiting history. I think that quality is waaaay over blown. Win... And they will come.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know much about him. I saw some stats where his WVU teams were pretty good in the secondary so that's a plus.

ckhokie

Supporting Member Level 69
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will be interested to see how we break down our coaches by position. This dude was a CB (only) coach. If we're really having 2 different coaches oversee S and CB, I am going to be pretty upset that we didn't bring in a total top notch recruiter.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a feeling that all of the position coaches will be taking a large role in recruiting. And I would take a good coach over a top notch recruiter who can't coach worth a shit any day. Once again, winning helps recruiting more than anything. Being able to "sell" only gets you so far.

Now, would I like to add a top notch recruiter to the "support staff". Absolutely. But I am not sure VT has the $$$ to pay someone like that.